Are we heading to Pay2Win? Plus, other concerns

Thanks for your reply. If they will run fun store with their logos (shirts, cups etc.) in the nearest future let me know. I will buy you many presents from there, trust me.

:joy: :joy: :joy: I like your humor, very funny indeed.

Your opinion on this thread is too selfish, from own game experience and luck. All this players have their own truth and wish all the best to this game to improve and get even greater. Thats why I think its critical to communicate and reply so both sides have feedback.

I think the problem with the devs reply to the drop rates is that reality does not jive with what people want to believe she said. She said rates have not changed since the “game launched globally” What does that mean exactly? When was the “global release”? Maybe it was only three months ago. Maybe they drastically changed the drop rates when they did finally hit their stated “global release” date. I’m not saying she’s lying but how do we know she telling the WHOLE truth? All the truth, not just the part that sounds the best. And as far as the generic “various fixes” on the release notes, that can pretty much mean anything and everything. Again, not telling lies but not telling us the truth.

In most of the games i play, they clearly state if odds have been tempered or modify in any way for everything that has been affected on a new patch and they will throw the numbers. Example for this game would be; the elemental chess odds to appear have now been reduced to 5% as opposed to 15% to make it even more time consuming and difficult. The odds of obtaining fine gloves, warm capes etc… is now 2% instead of 10% on 10* titans. This is to ensure that we get a steady cashflow and to get the players to spend more…i know its sarcasm but you get the idea. Most of the games that are very sucesfull will be transparent about an issue as serious as this one. They understand on the importance of keeping their big spenders in the loop. Might not be Sara fault, but giving us “call center” responce that nothing has changed without stating those numbers as a reminder is dissuasive at best. Ignoring those massive complaints about nerfing the odds of getting key items and playing with these numbers in such a way that it is clear by the majority that something is wrong, will lead to a dying game. It will be populated by those who already invested too much to quit. Ive seen it before. Is there specific values that can be verified in any release at all?

2 Likes

I’m not really sure what specifically to reply to.

I wanted to say, first, that I’m glad you’re back. I was wondering where ya been :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re such an excellent foil to my irrational saber rattling. I feel like Yin without yang when you’re not around :stuck_out_tongue:

You know I’m thinking about this a lot. I enjoy the game. And some of the things I enjoy sorta lead back to the crappy RNG. When things come up rosy you really feel great about it.

And it’s kinda like life. When you know that death is coming, living is so much more important right? Without death, how would we appreciate life? Weird comparison, but that to say:

The failures in summoning make the successes that much sweeter.

The problem I have as a C2P player is, when I do plop down some cash, to get essentially nothing. Well. If sucks. I don’t like it.

I think as a STRICTLY f2p game, there is a lot to offer. You will not have much in the way of HOTM or event heroes necessarily (unless you’re extremely lucky… or play a very long time), but you’ll be able to get a lot from TC20…

As C2P the ‘feeling’ is I would be better as F2P. I spent $5 last event, and with those 3 summons got all 3*. I had been saving my EHT and saved a month of VIP gems. So did 8 summons and got all 3*… for me, that just says: stop spending.

I’m happy enough with the game as F2P. I just got to TC20 this week… so no need to spend. It makes me happy to think that when VIP runs out I’ll let it stop and “take $5 away” from SG. They made a good game, but I think they’re exceptionally greedy, even within the context of mobile gaming. And ya know. We have talked about this in other threads I think, but it isn’t all on SG. It is just the state of mobile gaming that this sorta model is the norm. I hope it’ll change one day… but to expect SG to be on the forefront of that is probably silly. But a girl can dream…

Anyway. Full acknowledgement that this is an awful rambling mess. The truth is I am very conflicted about a lot of the summoning stuff. I know that lower rates makes hitting the jackpot feel better. I guess I just personally think those rates are too low to be reasonably affordable to human people. Like you said,‘they are meant to be rare’ … I think … they’re meant to be profitable. But potato potato I guess.

Anywho. Glad you’re around
(Please don’t feel obliged to respond to this in entirety. I don’t even think that’s possible :laughing: )

3 Likes

Yea Brobb very naive to trust @Sara by words. I checked all “Latest News & Updates” and after june 2017 there were not a word about loot change… NO SINGLE WORD! And earlier they were only telling about loot increase from some places. So, I have anything to trust SGG? No. I think my and a huge amount of people feelings about loot decrease (especially elemental chests! it’s for 100000% for sure) are more likely, then some old reply of @Sara.

3 Likes

When did you start playing?

There is a thread tracking elemental chest loot by @mrock42 . They tracked back to October 2017 or so and there are farmable AMs denoted in their logs.

1 Like

Btw from ~ that time there were changes in loot. Easy conclusion - all before there were bug and then they were fixing and fixing it… lol.

3 Likes
  • Many provinces have increased chance for specific items to be found as loot
  • More loot from high level Titans
  • Better chance of improved loot value for Alliance members with lower contribution
  • Increased chances to get Epic Ascension Items from the special offers that include them
  • Increased loot odds for titans beyond 10-star difficulty

That’s all I found in patch notes about loot. Anything about decrease there? Only increasing. Btw I’m shocked about “* Better chance of improved loot value for Alliance members with lower contribution”. I am always at A+/A… Rank B wait for me from now…

1 Like

In all honesty, I suspect the odds of getting actually getting loot of a given type in elemental chests haven’t changed. There’s still the same chance of getting a 3* ascension material or a token as before.
However I am seriously wondering if the tables the loot is being rolled on have been changed, with the addition of lesser loot as new options, with farmable 3* items and silver tokens added as new options for loot results. That would fit with both Sara’s statement, and the apparent decline in loot results.

2 Likes

This game is obvious pay to win.
I had a feeling it might be when I was downloading it from Google Play and all the comments were complaining about it being pay to win.

I decided to check it out, and while it started off really fun and there was a lot of action at first, it very quickly becomes tedious with ridiculous resource demands, and lengthy build times being compounded by a lack of builders, and no option to even queue a build.
You don’t even need lengthy build times because it can easily take you days just to accrue enough resources to upgrade something at the higher levels in the first place.
They just want you to spend gems to buy resources or speed up building times.

It also doesn’t take long for the campaign to become tedious due to being unable to pass levels because your hero team is too weak, even though you level and ascend them. Especially since you get absolutely nothing if you cannot beat the level, even if you make it all the way to the boss.
You should at least get something based on how many rounds you get…
They just want you to spend 75 gems to continue, which is too expensive! It should only cost like 5 gems to continue.
The chance of getting a 4 or 5 star hero is just too low. Even if you spend the 300 gems to buy special heroes. I’ve yet to get anything above a 3 star after using numerous epic tokens and spending my hard earned gems.
Heroes are extremely important in this game and if you cannot attain them then its pointless to even play.

Everything which needs to be purchased by gems are way too expensive.

This game needs a lot of changes in order to maintain the fun for more than a week.

6 Likes

Not sure if I will keep playing or not I’m still waiting on season 2 to start, elemental chests were messed with other stuff I have no idea about as I’ve never spent enough money to have to worry with getting hotm and the like

1 Like

Thinking i miss it, i taked a look again on both and… Nope, i don’t miss anything.
There’s no mention of variation of elemental chest, and all the notes seems to be improvement rather then a change for the worse.

Particulary a note caught my eyes in 1.4, as “Increased chances to get Epic Ascension Items from the special offers that include them”.

That means that kind of offers like “you get at least 2 of them” (that every experienced player avoid like the plague for beeing veeeery bad) seems to be… even worse in the past?

Are you kidding me SG?

2 Likes

Hello Sara,

I’m sorry my response is late as well, even players have holidays :wink: I really appreciate your answer.

It does indeed help in offering a base for increased trust. However, what will continue to plague the building of trust in this game is the undisclosed low odds associated with the better/best rewards in game.

Have you considered openness about the odds of for example epic hero summons, HotM summons?

1 Like

Me too, try one more time pulling for ss2

Now that’s indeed player feedback they listened to.

350 is still unfair and expensive and there should be apparent cause for that increase, do those heroes have something special? If that is the case, the gap with the F2P or C2P is greatly expanded, they are signing their death sentence …

2 Likes

@Api I started playing late February/beginning of March and a few weeks in (perhaps a month), I bought my first VIP. I’ve bought one month at the time when I needed the second builder and besides that I’ve bought some of the extra cheep offers of 200 gems for 9dkr (probably 1 - 2 dollars).

I’ve recently made my first training center level 20 and is on my way to make the 2nd training center the same… And in the time I’ve spend I’ve gotten 6 5* heroes (Vivica, Khagan, Quintus, gravemaker (don’t now the English name, sorry. He’s a monthly hero), The gregorian and Alasie) and 19 4* heroes (Melendor, LiXiu, Gormek, Boril, Cyprian, Sonya, 2X HuTao, Skittleskull (I believe the English name is), 2XTimburtus, Richard, 2X Jack O’Hare, Colen, Grimm, Jackelguardian (English name?), Chao and Scarlett).

I don’t have any count on how many items I’ve got, because most of my 5 stars have used several of them,but yes, it is hard to get a Damascus Blade (I have 2)… That’s why you fight as hell with your powerful 5* heroes, whenever there’s a chance to get one of those in quests.

But whining about not being able to get one, because you have used 1 silly month in this game, gets you nowhere. Yes, you can buy your way forward (like I have), but it will still take time.

PS. I’ve spend 108 $ in 6 month to get this result.

1 Like

Nobody can say for sure. I do not know, but I believe that a totally f2p is not able to win on any aspect of the game. Nobody knows who spended at least a bit on this game. Someone who says this game is not p2w, is just someone who wants to believe - Agent Fox W. Mulder-

When I read it like that, it almost makes me jealous… so without complaining directly (I have no problem with long term games)… I’ve been playing for about a year now.
Since the beginning of the year two TC20 are running 24/7.
I would say I belong (in time) to the C2P with ~200€.
In the meantime I even managed to level one Hero to 4/80 and two more 5* at least to the 4th tier.
To the Heros themselves, I even got a HOTM during that time.
There is no shortage of 5* in general, but I don’t have any really “good” ones. (Some Elkanen / Leonidas / Thorn / …) but apart from that there is a lack of AM anyway (hate the Dama Blade…)

Just for comparison… and as you can see again, it runs absolutely different and it’s probably just RNG.

BTW - I only “complain” here about a lack of transparency and communication as well as “something” greediness
Since this feels like gambling, at least all participants should be made aware of the opportunities for which the drop rates are defined.

And yes, even if you can certainly achieve a lot with a lot of time and patience, in my opinion F2P will never reach the potential of a P2W player. (Unless, of course, he’s a lucky guy with most draws all the way through)
→ So yes, I think it’s almost P2W

You’re right. We do need more items and some people are just lucky. I have used all my gems on heroes (except 150 or so that went to expand my hero capacity).
I’ve worked straight at getting my castle to level 20 and now my training centers.

My point was simple; no matter how much you spend, 1month isn’t enough to be successful. And that’s what Api complains about.

Time, money and luck is what brings you success here…