Are we heading to Pay2Win? Plus, other concerns

Sorry for my english.

SG does not want a game with precise rules, it only wants money. If there were precise rules, he would not earn anything. Saying that it’s a matter of luck, SG changes the parameters as he wants, without saying anything to the players, pushing players to buy. Why not immediately show the titan loot and then it will be randomly distributed in the alliance? Why not guarantee a 4s climbing object on 20 monster boxes or on 10 raid trunks? why not guarantee a 5s hero on 30 summons? why not guarantee the hero of the month on 50 evocations? Anyone who wants to buy will do it again, but will still be happy. And I am convinced that even those who are not bought could be encouraged to buy because there is a certainty. The gain would increase. Now many do not buy because they think it’s all a scam …

2 Likes

I suppose SG would say that the rare quests give certainty, once your team is strong enough…

I have been following this post from Day 1 and am disheartened to see the lack of a response to, “Are we heading to Pay2Win?”.

It would be nice to have a more in-depth reply from SG, and I had hoped (like how I hope to win the lottery :wink:) one would have been received by now…as opposed to the “auto-reply” responses.

This one post, in itself, represents the global community’s passion for a game to steer away from P2W. Yet, here we are, after 540+ posts and still nothing.

Perhaps SG are working on such a fundamentally and purposeful reply that they want to ensure every question goes unanswered and provide us with an insight from the RNG perspective, etc.

One can can only: sit, read and hope (with bated breath) that one day (tomorrow, perhaps?) such an awesome reply from SG will be received and everyone in E&P land can stop quitting in droves and play, happily everafter.

7 Likes

An SG response has already provided it: he said that nothing has changed and that nothing has changed. It’s just a matter of luck. As a result … we are all visionaries. :smiley:

4 Likes

Besides Sara’s explanatory replies (which I want to add, is better than nothing… but barely), there has been silence. Doesn’t omission kinda speak for itself? They’re not defending it. They’re not addressing it.

They know exactly what they’re doing. They’re trying to make this thread go away. And that gives me more incentive to not let this thread go away.

23 Likes

Hi dears, here is the happy, comfortable, cheerful retiree again. :hugs:

I have got my life back! :+1:
I can finally reap the fruits of my labor. :+1:
While helping a smaller alliance in the process.:hugs:

I am happy and content.
Maybe, instead of spending more, more, more, and instead of running faster, faster and faster, or instead of quitting the game in utter frustration, some other high TP players wish to follow my example.

As I followed the example of one big huge player and excellent raider, who has done the same.

see here:
(sorry, long posting)

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/strange-titan-agressiveness/40115/26?u=anjavalkyrie

This course of action may not be good for SG’s pocketbook. But it is certainly good for a player’s peace of mind. :hugs:

And that, to my mind, is more important than helping SG to collect a lot of money :wink:

4 Likes

They are going same way what Nokia went - we are the best, we know what we are doing!!! And then da da da, we are not #1 anymore, we are not even #2 or #3. World is rotating very fast, all the time you have to come with new ideas. Apple is trying to do it and so far successful.

E&P has to come with new ideas, extra things to do. New map and more expensive heroes are not enough for success in long term.

I personally believe that first month of season 2 will be most successful from all previous ones. But that is not good for the game. Hopefully developers will not think - 10 new more powerful heroes and income will go even more up. Then they will follow Nokia’s destiny for sure. Maybe I’m to dramatic :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you are earning 10.000€ in a month, you are not willing to earn the next month just 3.000€. I do not expect that from SG. But I expect an honest statement which adresses the topic (Pay2Win).

1 Like

the developers have already given for lost or amortized the game, for that reason they have nerfeado chests, booties, invocations, etc. They look for a lot of fast money to finish. The rest is all falsehood

1 Like

I don’t even mind the P2W model, as long as you know the rules first. As it is now it’s a pay to lose model. Pay money, don’t pay money, play for hours daily or once a week, run the most successful guild in the game or just lurk on the forums, there is no guaranteed outcome. Time or money, either one, should have a return on your investment. The way the game is now, there can be months gone by with little to no meaningful return.

6 Likes

Thats the simple answer.
You (like many others, me either) has find the road to exploit elemental chest with heavy regular chest skipping.
Exactly like mercs exploit titan loot defeating multiple titans at the same day.
Nothing more, nothing less.
And their countermisure for that was…? Nerfing that kind of chest, of course.

They just don’t want to tell you, and you know why?
They can do the same as mercs and shut out skipping chests, but is rather convenient for them that we keep using gems, so they nerf it instead to get the same result.

Sound it possible?

6 Likes

I dont using gems for the skipping

1 Like

Impossible having 4 elemental chest in 40 days then.

Nothing impossible about this. It‘s rng nothing else

absolutely.
To my mind, you have hit the nail right on the head :+1:
Still collect the gems for skipping chests, while making sure that the rewards for such skipping decrease.
Great business model. Grab the money, but give less in return.
Great business model, that is, until the customers thus treated become wise to the Trick and refuse to spend money for nothing.
Not such a good business model at all, once the customers get thoroughly sick of “nerf this, nerf that” and stop paying altogether.

Unless, of course, the next such business is already in the making…

Not impossible, but statistically unlikely as we seen collecting data in all this time, even more now that it seems number of average chest to have an elemental has increased.

Actually without skipping is more likely to see people complaining not having an elemental for months, rather that an increased amount.

My skipping provide an average quantity that almost never change in time.

So is not so rng as you think.

1 Like

I swear it is like that. And, if there is an error, it will be a few days, the last one was not expecting it yet and it surprised me, not even a week ago of a green one

Data reported suggests a rare chest every 30-40 chests right? Filling 30+ chests in 10 days without skipping is easily achievable so I don‘t get why it should be so unlikely. I skip a little bit and do get more than 1 chest in 10 days on average.

To fulfill 4 in 40 days they always have to show at 30 (unlikely) and even there you can’t fill always 3 chest a day because they spawn in a time laps of 12 hrs, plus the time you need to complete it.

So even assuming that you are online everytime the countdown finish, you need at least 10-15 mins to complete it, and after sometime you have to let it 1 go.

So as i said, unlikely.

Been tracking since 12/17. Here is the absolute shortest window I have seen for 4 chests based on my tracking.

Shortest # of days - 22
Total chests: 80
Raid: 37
Monster: 40
Titan: 3

And in fairness - the longest:

Longest # of days: 44
Total chests: 162
Raid: 71
Monster: 84
Titan: 7

If I skip it is only the last 53 minutes for 1 gem.

That said, my NORM is one chest every 7-10 days so call it 7 chests per two months seems what I see.

1 Like