Are we heading to Pay2Win? Plus, other concerns

That’s the main problem… It’s unknown. Im really believe that even SGG don’t know that exactly. Maybe who wrote that madness random code were dissappeared long time ago and no one looked in it after that :slight_smile: You can recieve 3 4* AM from one titan the other person couldn’t recieve any 4* AM from anywhere with a drop rate for 8 months. As i said earlier it’s a vast, insane and unlogical spread, also as I said earlier me and 2 other people from alliance making statistic of AM from anywhere from april (I think almost 5 month enough to make some conclusion) and I compared it 3 days ago. I am on middle level of AM drop (no matter 3 or 4 ), other person A have 27% less drop, person B have 15% more drop than me. But also person A and B have more 4 maths dropped than me. Where is logic? Nowhere. And again we have same level of playing, same winning or loosing aw, in a long term same ~average damage on titan (i mean loot ranks) etc… So? Nothing to add.

Some time ago there exist RNG sect, now I hear it less and less :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Btw still no reply from SGG… They think people will complain there a little more and will forget it and go home to eat all sh*t that SGG will drop further again.

2 Likes

Totally agree, grammar nanny lol (good intro, nothing like correcting someone else typo to sound even more legitimate) and yes without ptw there would be no game. I give you that. Doesn’t give me my 2 missing warm capes after 4 months of tedious grinding. They need to fix this. Guess you’ll have to pay more to keep the ftp happy. Your in depth explanation of the inner working of the system, in which I doubt costs a fortune to actually run being a puzzle game with a nice skin, does not reflect or justify the cost or time needed to compete or to ascend heroes. You know what your talking about no doubt, but the game still need the lore of the ftp players. I love this game and hope the ptw players keeps enjoying it for a long time. They pay and they deserve to have an advantage ( heck I bought the vip. Probably one of the best microtransaction value wise in this game ) but for the rest, SG need to review their business model.

1 Like

First off, he was complaining about maxing 4 star heroes, which only needs 3 star items, which I and many others (see below) somehow managed without spending a ton of money in a couple of months. It’s not trolling, people do it all the time.

In the month of march my alt (which was facing 8 star titans then) got 7 ascension items and that was with getting a 9 star every 5th titan or so and letting it escape. That was pretty much what the rest of the alliance reported too.

Every event, several people post youtube vids about finishing legendary with teams that include heroes less than 70. with smart play and good item usage it’s doable. Similarly, people finish all stages of the rare quests with teams less than 70, again with smart item ussge and good team choice.

So that’s 6 items from rare quests, 5 from the monthly event, roughly 5-7 from titans, assuming you’re not wasting your time with 5-6 star or below, so that’s about 17 items a month just from the event, rare quests, and titan loot. general 3-5 per month from the various chests is what people were tracking (not the rare chests but raid titan monster) and Mystic Vision.

Everyone i’ve talked to whose dealing with roughly 8 star titans and honestly tracking their items is getting roughly that amount per month.

If you don’t believe me, it bothers me not in the slightest. it it does average out - i went 19 titans in a row without an item and then got one 6 titans in a row.

8 Likes

We are fighting 7* full time, and are pushing up to full time 8*. You’ll have to believe me when I say the AM drop rates are, at best, pathetic. Maybe 2 or 3 3* mats reported per titan, across the entire alliance. So unless SG have made the good loot the sole reserve of 8* and up (and they probably have), then mid range players are getting nowhere near the amount of mats you are Dante.

Here’s a thread that tracked AM’s per month. People mostly told how they got the items too.

I still think they nerfed elemental chests though to stay on topic.

3 Likes

The biggest problem for all the players is: After playing 1 year or more there is not enough to do in the game any more. And Season 2 will not help long for that. We need more to do, then we don’t have the time to cry all the time!

1. Make more Quests. Different difficulties → Hard quests for mature players

2. Make Mini Titan Quests → fight a mini Titan on “Quests” map. Adjusted to Players teampower. Lot of health, long fight, but not these deadly strikes. Can take 20-30 minutes to defeat. With serious rewards.

3. Make Mirrorfights → use the search for statement

4. Do some Alch-Lab for mixing materials → we have thousands and more thousands - what to do with 5000 wooden shields?)

5. Last but not least —> More availaible standard heroes for better game balance

13 Likes

Community spoken. Now it’s time for SGG to do statement in this case. You said you care, show it to us.

8 Likes

I agree with most of what you say. @Whitey

Except for one thing. The harder stuff.
I personally like to reap the fruits of my labor.

Like in the rare quests. They used to be difficult, and the last stage used to cost me items.
For many months, I worked on my heroes, my teams. Got new heroes, leveled them up, played a lot, got a lot of practice, got bigger, got stronger.
Now, I just walk right through the rare quests. Grab the items, smile, and go on my way happily.

That is what I call reaping the fruits of my labor.
The work that I did has paid off. As work should. Otherwise, why do work at all?

In other aspects of the game, however, SG keeps moving the goalposts. Like the bigger titans. More work, more items, for the same measly pay.
ROI has become terrible. Not only for the money you spend, but also for the work that you do.

To my mind, the game has told me every day lately “You are still not good enough. Spend more, if you want to keep up. Keep running like crazy, just to stay in the same place”

Nope. Not my idea of fun or relaxation.

That is why I, personally, have left the rat race.

SG has tried to squeeze too many golden eggs out of this goose. Forget it. This goose has stopped laying.

edit:
I just noticed how often I have said “work”.
Well yes, the game has become work. Labor. And often for no reward. So, I have decided to stop working for almost no pay.

11 Likes

I understand you - Entertainment light.
But when all is easy cheesy, i get tired of it. There must be some challenge…

im loosing my interest really , why i should play and farm when in the end will be food iron 1 gem or 2 gem and this are more than 10 loots on row , what makes me sick is titan chest , people are hoping to get the color chest at titan chest its awful no other word to explain.They say is luck than who is having this luck when everyone is being sad from all the chests ??? Maybe they r talking about luck for their pockets casue no other explenation.1 week to open titan chest and im scared too look what it will bring to me .If food and iron was so good than they should allow us to buy gems and other stuff with iron and food casue my farms and mines are always full!

6 Likes

Honestly feel like Season 2 will be a make or break for this game. I don’t know if I can handle playing another year to level up the next set of new heroes and being asked to spend more gems in order to get better ones and then spending more to get ascension mats to level those up. The novelty of this type of game play only lasts for so long.

All I can say is good luck guys, it’s sad to see a company not respond to a community of players that really cares about where this game is going and has provided some wonderful and creative suggestions.

11 Likes

I will again caution against placing too much faith in the transformative possibility of Season 2. It’s fun, it’s challenging, it has some new heroes, but it doesn’t change anything about the basics of the game.

For the record, there are only 18 new Season 2 heroes:

• 6 3* (2 purple, 1 each of yellow, blue, green, red)
  • 9 4* (2 purple, 1 yellow, 2 blue, 2 green, 2 red)
  • 3 5* (1 each purple, blue and green)

My point being that a dozen new 4* and 5* is not going to either break or make the game.

I’m relieved that Season 2 is close to release because it means the dev team will have time to make the numerous, much-needed improvements elsewhere in the game.

9 Likes

I ran into a statistically unlikely run of bad drops and vocally complained. Now I have started getting better drops but seriousky still minus for my effort.

Randomness is reasonable but you need to make some adjustments.

Think of a mechanical slot machine. You start with long odds against winning. The longer this happens, the machine reduces the odds until someone hits the jackpot.

You should consider this. Reducing them the longer you play and don’t get anything.

4 Likes

Sorry, maybe I wasn’t clear in my post. I meant that Season 2 is not just about new content, but also the needed improvements as you have mentioned in your post. When people see an “expansion” they expect that devs will fix the issues seen within the current gameplay. This is what I meant by make or break, there is a level of expectation for the game to improve, not be more of the same with a new look/new heroes. I honestly don’t know if SGG developed Season 2 with that in mind, I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it’s difficult.

Remember the time Duke asked Cobra Commander if Cobra did and Cobra Commander said “no. We didn’t do it.”?

Pepperidge Farm Remembers

1 Like

for days this topic is active, but what I see, it’s just the same items from the chests along with a gem.
the game really slowed down the distributions of the items, but said no, this to me is a lie.

2 Likes

sorry for the snub, but that’s what we’re all watching, for all the players.

No matter if you spend money on this game or not their is a disbalance. Two kinds of spenders one gets everything, the other wastes 100 of dollars for 3-4* heroes. Same with f2p. I am, also when I am not always see it, one of the lucky f2p people. I got a lot of ascention materials.
I think, this is a big problem!

1 Like

The game has always been pay to win. The moment you put no limit to what a player can expend , the one who pay most will have the better chances…

i play since february, spent a few , and never got a special hero, not event 4* from events.

I wonder whats the fun of having EVERY hero, it makes no sense to me, i like the game because it is difficult to make a great team.

The ascending itens, however, are boring, specially the ones for 5* heroes last level. It should be difficult to everybody, to make you choose the heroes you update, makes decision making much more important.

The game has to earn money, but i recently ranked B in 10 straigh 9 or 10* titans without earning a single ascencion item. Wars too, i earn a iten every 4 or 5 wars…if your team win a war , it should give itens to EVERY one that atacked…or at least the ones that atacked 6 times

The game will never make everyone happy, but it should at least try to be fair. It is and has always been pay to win. Make peace with it if want to have fun

1 Like