Are we heading to Pay2Win? Plus, other concerns

I’m in agreement except for item #4. This time last year the loot from elemental chests was much better than now. I guess it’s possible the change was only announced as a “minor adjustment” or in some other vague way, but it has definitely changed for the worse.

2 Likes

My point of view here on the so called random situation.

I beleave the devs when saying nothing has changed and that it seems as though it’s changing based on your climbing the ladder, getting stronger, ascending heros etc etc so the game seems more difficult as you get stronger. Nothing wrong with that bexause if you got stonger and the opponents didn’t the game would become way to easy on it would be over in no time.

Now although the randomness doesn’t change what I believe affects your chsnges is the XP level percentage of maybe something likes strikes or percentage of tiles in your favour, something like that which determines weather you win or lose, acceptable in my opinion as you can’t win all the time.

EXAMPLE OF THIS FOR ME IS using raids, when I am going to lose I know within the first 30 sec of playing because my hits mean nothing to the opponents but yet they kill me within 1 or 2 shots plus I pretty much have to really seach for tiles as I get nothing I need to increase my mana at all, bottom line I lost BUT When I do a rematch or even the 2nd rematch I find that everything changes and even though I am fighting the same opponent my hits are stronger, I get all the tiles and there retaliation is weaker than before so I win and this happens 80% of the time.
So yes I do believe there an element of control to the game but I believe it’s to do with the randomness of the game.

Having said that, responding to chest etc rewards.

I do agree that the rewards we get do not refect what the game wants us to endure or the resources the game expects us to use to achieve greatness.

I feel people/players would appreciate it more ( and this just an example ) if

1. map levels! There were something like a epic token or even 1 ascension item of your choice/random for completing that level.
    Now to make this map even more interesting these rewards could be offered everything that whole Providence is completed which would encourage players to play more rather than just doing the odd stage to get farming items.
  2. if the mystic video which I am sure no one really pays attention to offered at least once every 2 or 3 days an ascension item or a better token even instead of gems, really what is 2 gems, nothing.
  3. titans should reward at least one ascension item with every win
  4. Quests should either have some that either offrr ascension items or be rewarded an ascension item fo completing it.

Even if these things didn’t happen on a daily bases at least randomize them to every few days or once/twice a week

Throwing at least an elemental token in there once a month also wouldn’t hurt the game and keep players interested.

My point is, your all arguing about the randomness of things because your losing but what your really losing is standing farming materials 99% of the time, that other 1% is when your excited thst you got something.

I FEEL this game would achieve a massive turnaround if it just made rewarding players better not so much during raids or Providences but for completing them, offered instead of gems for completing missions ascension items and/or epic/elemental tokens, I sure players would appreciate these more than gems, if they want gems they would buy them.

All of these ideas works for both free and paying players and would I am sure remove the constant complaints, keep users fat more interested thus creating a fantastically exciting fun enjoyable game worth coming back to 10 times a day. Players wouldn’t even complain if they lost knowing that the rewards for trying harder where rewarding.

This business of MAYBE 1 ITEM EVERY FEW MONTHS IS KILLING THE GAME AND DOING NOTHING BUT PUSHING PAYING PLAYERS AWAY.

As stated it’s only my point of view but I do believe it would work better if this type of thought was implemented by SG

Cheers

6 Likes

What I really find annoying and not fair with the ones that don’t pay is that heroes of the month are exclusively for paying players… And that is a BIG TRUE.
If I don’t pay, I have only one chance a month of getting a hero of the month, because I can’t train them in any camp.
So don’t say that paying only accelerates the progression.
I like a lot the game mainly because it was fair with non paying players, it took me lot of work and thinking to progress, but I could progress and reach a good level.
But heroes of the month changed everything.
I think we should have at least one chance to train a héroe of the month in camp 20. Or old heroes of the month should be trainable in camp 20… Or any good idea the developpers may have to overcome this injustice…

I hope you would consider solving this issue.

6 Likes

Do not you feel ashamed to gi

ve thing?
Now SG tell me that the awards have not bene changed…

1 Like

Considering that in part paying players have no other greater advantages within the randomness of the game other than having more chances at trying, allowing this to paying members only seems fair.

Remember it’s the paying members that allow you to play for free.

Cheers

3 Likes

I have to respond … even though that @Ozy1 and I did NOT go along on any other issue before and we end up at distance… but this one… man, dude … I tilt the brim of my :tophat: as a salutation and mark of respect to you.

Thank you.

P.S. …20180806_035519

2 Likes

I don’t pay and I agree with you that paying offers more CHANCES to get heroes and items. I have no problem with that.

1 Like

Its true tho about the assencion items. Ive been here for 4-5 months ish and cant even max a 4* yet and i wont be able to in the near future. I assume it will take me another 4 months to get 2 warm capes as the rare quest today is for an orb. Makes no sence. That unless i spend money…so basically, unless you get very lucky, takes more or less 6 month to ascend a 4*?

1 Like

Thanks, lol

Note though but I am not free playing player, lol because I understand the differences.

Cheers

1 Like

Oh so much replies and almost nothing about one issue, that I think is the main, I am talking about that “crap random” scattering. People there told about needing some guarantee after some summons, titans etc… More than year passed!!! there were something did for that time? NO, maybe even became worse. I am playing with 1 person who didn’t pay anything and he have 8 5* where 3 are HOTM, he have 4 fully ascended 5*. Why I believe he didn’t pay? Because he was always making video of anything gather some tokens, some diamongs (~aprox 1000 a month or near) and making video of summoning… I was making each month 10-15-20 event summons from november till july each month plus some tokens always and … no HOTM and only couple times I got 5* heroes (not event!) and only few times 4* event heroes (merlyn, 2x hawk, genzel, 2x gretel). Btw heroes 5* were Kagan (second after camp) and Isarnia (sorry for translation of heroes, but I believe all understood me). He was just “lucky” while I were screwed by devs. Of course I don’t blame him but it’s not even close to fairness. I believe some people have more bad situation than me. And it’s totally bad and bad and bad and bad … It’s nonsence!

What I mean? @Avicious told some ways to solve some misunderstanding and problems. But nothing good happened for an year. 400 replies there just openly ignoring from SGG. Because one person on vacation and SGG is a small company? Just bulls**t and looooool.

About that random spread, i don’t think they can make something with it now. Even if they could that would mean they just spit on earlier players, buyings, summons etc.

I think it’s time for some ultimatum from playes. At least for some open and vast respond from SGG. In that forum there are only small part of players, but they can affect on others by many sources, don’t think most of players think opposite for problems which were debated there. Sorry if were rude for someone and thanks for understanding.

3 Likes

Game is avtersized as free. ftp players, if they feel they found a gem of a game and its business model makes them feel like its worth spending a few bucks, they start to spend and tells their friends about it. As a result, it brings more business (more ftp players). Underestimating and stating that ptw allows ftp players to play for free is totally wrong. The ftp pool must be healthy as of the business model of the game itself. Ftp players, while not most of them, becomes ctw and a very few goes to be whales. We all start as ftp and not “im gonna play this game and blindly sink tons of money into it to allow other players to play for free” so settle down cowboy or you’ll fall of your horse

1 Like

Lol, I am already falling I think, so before I hit the ground let me say this.

1. It’s advertised Not avtersized
  2. It’s advertised f2p to attract players into the game as if it where not new players would be hesitant on installing to game to start with and yes spending money is then ones own choice as the game can be played for free continuously.

You are totally wrong because like any business, if it’s not making money then it will cease to exists as it takes many many developers numerous amounts of daily hours, days, weeks and months to not only create this type of coding but to maintain it for people like uou and me to enjoy a hassle free playing experience. Then you have to pay for the servers thst run this, the security, the power involved, the licences needed which all add up to thousands of bucks a month/year then wages etc etc.

If think that this kind of game could be done just on free players then your very much greatly mistaken and have no idea of what you are saying.

So yes it very much is the paying players that make it possible for f2p players to keep playing for free otherwise there wouldn’t be a game to play.

Now as an example all you neec to do look at how many new games/businesses start up online daily and compare that with the ones that don’t make it and close down within the first 12 months (if they last that long), the numbers range from around 150,000 new sites a day and just as many per day close down and at times more close down than are started, why because they haven’t got the funds they expected they would get from opening in the first place.

That’ll a fact

4 Likes

About the gems I dont agree with you.
A steady flow of gems allows me to buy one of the package deals from time to time.
Last was for a compass, a warm cape and a 3* blue trainer hero for 500 gems.

Some people claim they cant ascend 4* heroes because of missing ascencion materials.
Either they are very, very unlucky, have no patience or they do something wrong.
After a good 4 month of play I am maxing now my 3 4* hero ( having a total of 4 of them in my rooster ) and my stash of 4* ascencion materials is steadyly growing.
Luckyly quite some time will pass before I will see my first 5* ( stronghold 18 right now ) so I have a lot more time to collect ascencion mats before I need them. :slight_smile:

On a personal note I got lucky yesterday with a green elemental chest that dropped a shield and a telescope. :smile:

So please keep the gems coming but the 3 silver summon tokens in the elemental chests are a kind of turn off and a nice reward for completing the map would be a really good and motivating idea.

May the RNG godess smile on you more often than not.

Hey what kind of chest was that ?
174k ham, 160k iron and 10 diamonnds ?

I have the whole village at 20 I do not care about food or iron … 10 buds? I do not do anything … even if they were 1000 for 3 stars? the point is that when they put the diamond raid trunks they said they will have climbing materials … they are more than 4 months that I open 2 raid trunks a day and 2 or 3 trunks monsters and I never ever ever ever found a climbing material … NEVER in my house is called scam… Have you blocked my forum account? And I sue you for fraud because I spent happiness and changed what I paid without asking anything … Ahahahaha

Dears, another one bites the dust :wink:
As of yesterday, I have retired from playing intensively.

The rewards were no longer worth the effort, playing intensively without getting a decent ROI was becoming an unwelcome chore, something has happened with my titan hits (wu?), so that have been hitting like a baby for quite a while, and the increasing nerf of all the rewards in the game - while seeing offers to purchase for big money the items that the game no longer drooped from gameplay - was the icing on the cake, so to speak.

Effort without reward is futile.
And “It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place” is NOT my idea of having fun. At all.

I am now pottering around comfortably in a smaller alliance. And: I am getting my life back. YEAH!

Oh, this has nothing to do with the lovely alliance that I belonged to. I loved my alliance. But I simply got sick and tired of the game, the way it is now.

17 Likes

Hi everyone and hopefully SG!
I’ve followed this thread with interest the last week and there are lots of valid points. I’m not too concerned with the randomness of boards, wu & raids as losing some makes winning more valuable. But I’m concerned with the drop rate and the odds of summoning something of value to me. And that’s my big point: why not being more generous? You add more heroes with new event and Hotm, you add AW that demands a bigger bench. But the odds and drops doesn’t improve (or as debated get nerfed)? This creates frustration with every gamer that’s part of your core business model. Being generous wouldn’t affect your profits cuz there is always something new to get - and giving it is TOTALLY FREE from your side. But Iets focus more on what we would like instead of the opposite.

My requests:

1. Add original 4&5* to the daily summon (you can keep the less then 5% chance of getting them there)
  2. Greatly improve the drop rate of AM (we need thousands of them to level all the great heroes we pay you for).
  3. Add more playable content or frequency of old events so we can do something else then farm 8-7 (most of the adventures ain’t even worth the WE).
  4. Add old hotm to TC20 and improve the odds of 5*
  5. Bad luck cap, buyable heroes or greatly improved odds for 5*s in the summons.

All for me and thanks for a fun game and a great community of dedicated players!

11 Likes

I think you’re the one who is wrong, there are a lot of totally free games and what is it? Do not earn anything? Do they do it for fun? they have revenues for downloads, for advertising etc etc … do you think that the bulk of the game is P2W? I could assure without fear of being wrong that for each whale there will be between 50 and 100 F2P and c2P players that are what give life to the game. If the whales were gone there would still be a game to play, if all the F2p and C2p were goodbye game

1 Like

When I say you have NO idea it truely means just that.

1 Like

We will see who gives the reason the time. a greeting

1 Like