Are tourneys biased?

I guess team power for defence is a factor

I stopped doing the tournaments months ago, but this was one of my biggest complaints back when I did them. That… even if I won every single match, I still didn’t rank very high because

#1 I couldn’t choose who I attacked, so my best possibly achievable points were predetermined, and
#2 I had no control over whether or not my defense was ever attacked, so once again, predetermined

That’s not even figuring in the fact that I have no control over the boards themselves, so I could very easily lose an attack through no fault of my own.

I guess ultimately, free loot is still free loot, and it was an easy way to fill hero chests without burning flags or risking trophies, but it never really felt like a proper “tournament”. More like practice raid runs with the potential for some extra loot (loot TBD mostly based on RNG, with bonus chances if you spend money, not unlike many other aspects of the game).

Seems odd that this is still happening. Some defense teams don’t get attacked at all, while other defense teams get attacked dozens of times… and no I don’t think emblems have anything to do with it, because I participated in a number of the 3* tournaments and I don’t have emblems on any of my 3s… some tournaments, nobody touched my defense team. Other tournaments, I got hit like 30+ times, mostly by teams that had emblems on their 3s (leading to me getting a D defense grade). :confused:

Eventually I just decided I wasn’t interested in tournaments anymore. Sure, I guess you could say that I probably wasn’t very good at them in the first place (though I’d regularly win 5/5 in the first couple of days, before being matched up against teams with the best heroes, maxed troops and emblems) :man_shrugging:

Anyway… sorry, I shouldn’t even be posting in this thread as, like I said, I haven’t even done tournaments in a long time. Just found it odd that they’re still as… well I would say “broken”?.. as they used to be, even after all this time. One more reason for me to not bother with them.

1 Like

I have no idea. But it makes sense that it might.

Don’t worry too much about this stuff. Just use the tourneys to fill your raid chest like I do. Even if you get a 1% rating, you’ll probably just get tall boots and chain mail (again like me)

1 Like

I’ve occasionally benefited by winning defensively a few times over the first 2 days and kept the A for the rest of the week because I was never attacked again.

IMHO the more you are attacked the more likely your defense score will drop. Attackers have the advantage of a human intellect after all.

It depends really. Because of how RNG heavy this game is. You can have the best Team in the game but if you board sucks, there’s nothing you can do. Even the crappiest defence team can win if the opposing boards are bad

I wonder why they don’t have a reroll feature in tourneys. And would like them to consider it. Because sometimes when I see the team preview, I just know I can’t win and I can’t reroll. And true enough I lost badly to those teams.
I do have an idea/suggestion of how to incorporate a reroll system. You can reroll as many times as you want but there is a reroll count to it. Each reroll penalises you for let’s say 1% of your score. So for example if you reroll 3 times before you find a team you find acceptable to fight, Once you finish that match with that team. Your score will be penalised with 3% of the total points you got no matter whether you win or lose.
Because for me I rather reroll and win with a good score, give or take a small amount of points lost than to fight a match-made team only to lose more points

1 Like

My guess as to why there is no reroll option is because it is a tournament and in tournaments you don’t get to choose who you face. So if there was a reroll option it would no longer be a tournament and would be more like normal raiding but with certain restrictions.

I wouldn’t necessarily recommend a reroll system… even though yes, a bad board could make anyone lose a fight that they could normally win (and given a second shot, they probably would win)… but… okay. There’s also the other side of the equation. Say you’re easily mowing down every opponent you face, with zero losses. And in spite of going undefeated, you’re still only in the top 5% - not because you lost, but because nobody attacked your defense team, and because the opponents you did easily beat weren’t worth many points. I would have preferred it if the game gave me the option to at least try going after higher level opponents that were worth more points so that I could potentially get a higher score. Not that I thought I was good enough to get into and stay in the top 1%, but it would have been nice to have the option to at least try, as opposed to having all of my matches randomly chosen for me.