Are red tanks the new meta?

^^^This is it…

Top100 player currently try to figure, test, fun re-organize defense setup.
Those thorpy top100 is not because of Red-Tank, but based on their offense.

It is not the same in Telluria 1st release, before nerf… some of members offline 2 days, etc… keep in Top100 Global.

But, to determine new meta tank at this moment, correct it is just based who is more in offense to gain more thropy. But not determine which is best at defense.

I’m interesting for tracking maybe like 1 hours or more offline in Top100 statistic.

это новые меты очень хорошие, обидно что нет таких героев и плохой шанс выпадения (…встреча с такими ребятами будет печальной.

zbutsam? (20 chars for you)

I fought that team (or one extremely similar to it) the other day. Either went 1-2 or 0-3, I forget, but it was brutal!

This. The dodging of the tiles makes me groan (not in a good way) when fighting teams with multi-ninjas. I have Garnet^20 on my roster with Jade still sitting like a virgin on my bench. Since Jade is generally considered to be the only meh 5* ninja I wasn’t even thinking about leveling her. Lately though I’ve been thinking about it more and more as a flank to Garnet on a defense team. Hoping for Onyx or Cobalt in the next tower event.

1 Like

Anyone in the top 100 is fair game to hit whether on or offline. Yes, if they’re online they may be climbing still, but since there’s no rational way to check 100 (or more) players after they’re out of the top 100, it’s what we have.

And staying in the top 100 constantly after going offline for awhile is more a fluke than anything else.

If red tanks become a thing, I will not be scared. The force is strong with my blue team.

Same regarding green tanks. Once upon a time it was Telly here, Telly there, everywhere a Telluria. Fortunately my red teams are usually able to quickly get rid of her.

I worry far more about blue and purple tanks. I have some fairly decent green heroes, but overall, they do not hit nearly as hard as my red and blue teams.

And my yellow team… fuggedaboudit. Probably my weakest color right there.

I don’t know if red tanks are the new meta, but what I’m hoping is the new meta has some variety. After months of nothing but green tanks, we’ve had some variation in a couple of the recent wars Although the alliance with blue tanks didn’t fare terribly well :upside_down_face:

There will be no variety.
All you will see will be
Frigg Black Knight Odin or Frigg Garnet Odin.

You will wish to get back Grave Tell Vela back .

That doesn’t work that way.

If I am not mistake, you can revenge a player in the top 100, but you can’t attack them regularly (except for revenging) if they are online.

Correct, but if you’ve gotten into the top 100, you’re leaving a swath of revenges behind you.

Now my usual thing for revenges is just to look at if they’re online or not; but I’m starting to remember to look at the rankings too. Revenged the #1 a few days ago while he was online.

lol. Red will never be a strong tank meta. You need a time machine to make that happen.
It’s too late…
The blue element is stacked with high attack power. Def down. And element def down.

Just look and see how much Blue is stacked to ensure that red can never tank:

These red tanks are failing, for obvious reason. I’m afraid they won’t last much longer. Which is sad. They are so fun to decimate…

You don’t even need a mono stack. 3 decent blue, are plenty to rip up these red tanks. After dispatching the red tank with ease. The flanks and wings are what they are… dangerous!
But… Unprotected…

Maybe 5 years from now, they will flip the constraints to elements and make Blue have strong health and armor and no def down. No element def down. No attack power.
Just…
Like…
Red!

which is a huge contributor to the success of green tanks

And all the new players only have these and the old ancient heroes are extinct. Then maybe, you will get your red meta.

2 Likes

so should I acend my tyr?..

Ascend him by all means. Just don’t put him in the centre of your defence.

With Frigg and Odin flanks, a solid red tank makes a defense very difficult to kill. It’ll never be super common because of the rarity of the heroes, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see the top alliances using Frigg, BK, Odin with solid blue and purple wings like Finley/Cobalt and Jabber/Killhare/Onyx. I’ve only fought these defenses at +20 a few times, but I am finding it much more challenging than the original pre-nerf GTV.

1 Like

Ursena would be a better flank in that set up.

Something like finley- frigg - bk - ursena - odin would be terrifying…

If I see it, I’ll try it out, but I don’t think that would be as strong. You don’t have to clear yellow tiles from the board as quickly. With Ursena at average, it might make it worth the gamble to take yellows as well. Malosi in particular. Both setups are good, but I think I’d rather have Odin firing at fast if it were my defense. I have none of those heroes though, so who am I to say? I just know that Frigg, BK, Odin feels like the toughest middle three I’ve fought in almost three years of playing.

If you don’t have blue heroes to deal with a red tank, then pretty much…
you don’t have any blue heroes…

Look @Pois1 hero list that I linked above one more time. Look at red’s attack power. All of them! During the time frame you mentioned, the meaty Telly tree stood tall against all those tanky reds armed with spit wads…
Only recently is that stat starting to swing

Currently you don’t need a mono stack of blue to cut down a red tank. I’m thwacking them with only 2!

There is an experimentation phase happening, which includes ninjas and other colors.
And the red tanks are scratching their heads, wondering why their defenses aren’t 80% win rate. Scroll down a little further on @Pois1’s list and the answer becomes vivid. If a tank can’t protect its flanks and wings… then the word “tank” is misplaced. Calling it a “paper cut-out” is more accurate.

I’m sorry you’re struggling with Red tanks. No Frida?
No Magni?
No King Arthur?
No Miki?..
No Glenda, Sonya, Vela, Athena, Isarnia, Kiril, Grimm, Sapphire, Alice, Fenrir?

I hope that’s not the case. If it is, don’t worry. Red tanks won’t last long. Because that’s not the case for anyone

1 Like

It’s more the flanks than the tank. Frigg and Odin would work well behind Krampus too. BK works especially well because Frigg forces you to get green tiles off the board quickly. And if Frigg and Odin go off with the BK buff you are dead.

I have plenty of great blue heroes, and I am consistently one of the top war scorers in a top 10 alliance. I don’t use mono and I have no problem with red tanks on their own. I am just saying that there is a massive synergy between Frigg, BK, and Odin unlike we have ever seen before. How many T+20 Finley, Frigg, BK, Odin, Jabber defenses have you fought, and what’s your win rate?

2 Likes

I’ve seen Frigg-BK-Odin a few times. And was overly tied up farming Atlantis to care about tracking. I remember one loss, where there were multiple diamonds for colors I didn’t take.

I can start recording later today.

I agree. 100%!

Cookie Settings