Are raid tournaments worth it?

It may sound strange but I’m not into raids.
I do keep a faily strong tower defence, not planning to lower it any time soon.
Just got bump up to gold without really trying, just doing revenges before they get away,(most of them in the range of 2900 to 3600+) usually i wait until they get within 10 spaces from escape then try to beat them.
The silver chest is underwhelming to say the least, got better stuff from monsters, titans and even mistic.
On my first gold i got 1 backpack and other trivia.
Just wondering. Probably won’t attend anyway.
Thank you in advance.
Have fun.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

1 Like

The loot isn’t anything special but you still get emblems from them, and you can never have enough emblems.

That said, I wouldn’t prioritize any heroes – say Horghall – just because they excel at a certain rule – rush attack where 5* are allowed.

I just enter whatever team I have and keep leveling heroes independently of their performance in raid tournaments.

4 Likes

I’ve read a number of posts where people express a dislike of raids, sometimes feeling they’re not fun, not fair (I mean that in a sense OTHER than the board being fair), or just generally contra the game aspects they enjoy. So I don’t think what you’re saying is weird at all.

Regarding the current loot setup, I’d say it is not worth it (for any given person), if one of the following is true:

1. They could have used the time invested to score more / better loot some other way.
  2. They would have preferred to take the always on the table offer of no loot for no time.

And when I loot I mean the raid tournament loot plus however much the extra raid flags help you fill hero chests.

I’ve been approaching the raids tournaments from a very non-loot oriented perspective. For me the main thing has been doing something different and learning to battle with a different set of restrictions. I believe that will have in-game value to me beyond the loot. For example, I remember when I started fighting in wars: it was really hard and I was terrible at it. But I learned a lot about raid tactics and hero synergy, being forced to manage weak teams against formidable teams. I’m hoping this raid tournament will teach me something similar.

5 Likes

I do all the raids, all the events, all the wars, all the titans , all the missions. Rewards aren’t always great but I’m always discovering something new about my heroes, my combos, my strategy.

I figure if I don’t play, how can I improve!

10 Likes

Hello,
I actually like the wars for the same reasons.
I do win about 60% of my revenge, on the first or second try. I do studie what the heroes are like just in case i get them at some points.
My last fight Wilbur (max no emblems) was Very annoying, last man standing, took forever to kill him, i would like to have him in my team.
Thank you.
Have fun.
Wolf9

2 Likes

Hi,
I do everything else but the raids, still working on the maps also.
Thanks.
Have fun.
Wolf9

The key is always deploy a dispeller like Melendor, Zim, Sonya or Caedmon against a damage sharing hero. Unless Wu is charged and the likes of Azlar or Quintus is ready to burn the entire field. I have had done it a couple of times on Aegir tank.
Back to the raid tournament, since I set it concurrently with my raid chest, I am lovin’ it like tomorrow…lol. Nothing beat the feel of being able to fill your raid chest in a single or two play. Saved my time and raid flask. Anything else is a bonus…yay!

Hello,
I did have Sonya, she got a work out between Wilbur and Borill. Lol . Lucky i had plenty of blue tiles.
Thanks.
Have fun.
Wolf9

I view tournaments as free raid energy to fill hero chests quicker (and consequently bringing elemental chests that much sooner). Any loot gained from the tournament is a bonus.

8 Likes

I don’t think they are at all especially with how it never makes it a fair fight whichever colour u may not take in it will give you mainly that one or none of the one you need. A 3500 team should not be able to beat a 4150 team power. The raids are rigged or not set up properly. This game is designed to make you spend if you wanna get anywhere.

Yep, look at this messed up board I got during the tourney. What the heck am I supposed to do first? I mean make a red diamond or a purple diamond. The game is so rigged

7 Likes

Oh, boy! You’re in trouble… That’s a Skittleskull tank! Beware! She might scare your heroes to death with her looks… unless you can make a red diamond… or a purple one, doesn’t really matter! :laughing:

2 Likes

They help fill the raid chests. Other than that I’ve lost most of my interest in them.

I’m kind of the same. I put effort into choosing my defense teams. Look forward to my first battle. Occasionally have some pleasant surprises but it never takes long before I’ve got my four strikes (usually by the second day).

By the time we get our rewards I’m like - oh, that’s right, the tourney is still going on.

1 Like

The raid tournaments are worth the 30 second effort to join, and put up a raid team, even if you never attack. You will get some score, and some loot.

Even if you normally don’t raid offensively at all, and never fill raid chests, it’s worth 30 seconds, if you have it to spare. If you don’t have it to spare, playing games are not likely a good idea.

1 Like

It’s a side system that costs nothing to join, and actually helps you fill raid chest. So why not participate and take whatever you get?
Paying gems to stay in tournament is a different story, not really worth it under current setup.

4 Likes

We get some emblems and can fill the heroes chest faster. So I think, it’s worth for that. But honestly my excitement has already died down. They have spoiled us with the great loot of the first tourny and now I’m quite indifferent when I receive the loot.

Okay, now a more interesting question. Is it ever worth paying the 75 gems if you’ve lost all your lives?

I don’t think I’d ever pay to continue, unless maybe I were on the last day, just lost out and thought that a couple more wins would guarantee top 1%. But probably not even then, honestly. Much better to use gems to get 3-star feeders when you wanted Alice and/or the Queen of Hearts. :slight_smile:

You full hero chest quickly.

You get some loot, poor loot ok, but something.

You play with and against heros you usually don’t.

Enough for me to play the tournament :wink:

2 Likes