Are gem boards random or based on a play table? [Staff Response in Post #240, #276]

Lol so they had no idea how boards were seeded?

That’s your defense?

That sounds even worse

3 Likes

No, thats not what I said. I am saying that if there are millions of lines of code, overlooking a single phrase on a single line is quite understandable…

Especially if it results in a problem that you never considered as an outcome…

1 Like

Pax

Everyone go do something else for a bit

4 Likes

If you have had much experience with coding I think you would find that it is rarely that linear :wink:

All I’m saying is to try doing some coding yourself. Then grab one of your previous projects and adapt it to another application. Then imagine it on a scale 1,000,000 times larger and you are probably getting closer to what happens in Live Game vs. Beta Game stuff…

Anyways, my point is actually this:

If you don’t know if it as a possible problem/ negative outcome the human rarely looks for the trigger of that as an issue…

I mean put it this way. A conspiracy theorist believes that they could be abducted at time nu aliens… or that the government is listening to their every conversation. So they take precautionary measures to avoid this. You and I, we probably don’t because we don’t view it as being a realistic outcome.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 5 hours.

Un beta tester italiano dichiara di aver visto un video dove, la beta app e la app normale facevano vedere la stessa board in entrambe le applicazioni in Raid Tournament ,
muovendo prima le tessere in beta app puoi vedere le tessere che usciranno e poi giocare migliore movimento di tessere nella applicazione normale, realtà, fantasia, o bug??

A italian beta tester claims to have seen a video where, the beta app and the regular app showed the same board in both applications in Raid Tournament,
by first moving the tiles in the beta app you can see the tiles that will come out and then play better movement of weave in the normal application,is reality? , fantasy,? Or bug??

2 Likes

Here comes Rigs…

20 comments

3 Likes

It was real

Developers fixed it

Mods closed it so it would quit getting bumped to the front of the forum

Guess they’ll close this one too lol

3 Likes

TLDR there was a bug but SGG have fixed it.

They are now investigating how long the bug was there for & who (if anyone) was aware & exploiting the bug.

3 Likes

This news had killed the game for me…its been happening for years but those thay benefited from it swept it aside.
If what happens in beta stays in beta then what is there so much info floating around the top alliances where it ‘for our eyes only’ ‘dont let anyone know we know this’

Its complete BS. Devs have never cared about the players, only care about the dollar

3 Likes

Probably going to get flagged or something else for this.

It was very much real and it is now fixed yes.

When something serious like this is discovered and a very helpful moderator and reliable source who’s been around for a long time, says it’s been known for a long time and also discussed in beta before, it would be utterly naive to not expect reactions from the players.

Would have been a whole different story if this was something new, except it wasn’t. Means “the beta players have no advantage” has been a lie, and can’t expect players who’s been supporting that lie for years to not react.

Zeph is a very reliable source and he never took back what he said in the beta lounge. And yet SG claims they had never heard of this before, so do they not go through all beta feedback and all bug support tickets? And how could they have possibly fixed this issue in the past if they never knew about this? Their own words in beta lounge. Either people are lying or memory cards are failing or both. What worries me the most are those who took this lightly as soon as it was discovered.

Wish more people would be open and honest.

4 Likes

I am not sure I completely understand this “same board” issue.
so a player goes to a raid match in beta, sees and takes notice of the opening board, then opens the game client, goes to raid and sees the same opening board, so he can adjust his team to take advantage of that?
because both raids got the same seed? wouldnt all the previous activity in beta and normal client affect that seed?
even if each battle gets a new seed, still the number of battles in beta and normal client should be the same.

As I understand it, you open beta and it initializes using the same seed as in live. Thus for the first board the two will be the same. Any subsequent activity would cause a divergence but if you close beta and reopen again it reinitializes with the same current seed as in live, so again the first board will be the same.

Or rather it was like that. Now changed to beta having a different seed.

The problem has been resolved. Some info from a well informed player below.

4 Likes

It was pretty easy find…

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Continuing worsening boards

is there any proof that the boards are random? Because lately I kind of believe less and less that they are random…