Are gem boards random or based on a play table? [Staff Response in Post #240, #276]

Oh man don’t get that train goin

Someone else tried to push it up the hill awhile back

A fix is really all that was needed

2 Likes

You can do better than Alby. Not much but still better.

Just to correct an inaccurate impression created by the statement, that he keeps repeating. He’s trying to create an impression he quit beta out of some kind of self-congratulatory whistleblowing. Actually, simply uninstalling the beta version is not quitting beta. It can be reinstalled in about 30 seconds. If he really is standing on principal, he’d quit beta completely, and say so.

5 Likes

Id be curious to see if the same names that keep winning challenge events and tournaments are also beta users! That would raise more than a few eyebrows wouldn’t it!

1 Like

Yeah, I agree with this. They probably don’t save log records of beta, not that they shouldn’t, but I’m sure when they set it up in the first place, this was not an expected outcome, so why would they. (now we know the answer to that :wink: )
So my guess, 1 month is what they can check.
As far as punishment goes, part of me says get out the pitchforks, and the other part of me says who cares?
More war chests yes. And if you opened a ton of war chests, maybe you wouldn’t get just the crap I normally get, so it’s true that someone could have gained a couple for more 4 star mats. That is not fair with the drop rates in this game.
Tourneys, I get 10 emblems when I come in 1 percent, 3 if I’m five percent, but I have heard of people getting 20 and 30 (lucky SOB’s) so this would be unfair too.
But I think I land on the “whatever”, fix the problem and let’s move on.

1 Like

I ask that you please be very sure before issuing the disciplinary action.

Anecdotally, in one of my past games a major coding loophole was being used by many for huge advantages (much bigger than this). When the company went looking for who to punish, they used some kind of secondary parameter and ended up suspending many legit players who could prove they were not cheating.

I only pass this along as a cautionary note because the mess ended up twice as big as it started. I urge your team to please exercise careful decision making before instituting the appropriate disciplinary action to reduce any possible false positives.

3 Likes

We do not need any benefits! We just want to know “the tournament or challange event winners” are also Beta players? Who knew this bug? Who abused it? Let us see which kings and queens would survive after this bug reports results.

Guess I’m not following

How does that help anyone?

Some people live for curiosity.

I’ll be happy if they did find any players that did abuse this loophole, they come out with a official statement saying so (not saying necessarily who) and what punishment they will be implementing to those players.

Then why do you play?

1 Like

We’ve been round that circle a bajillion times :slightly_smiling_face:

This is a topic about board seeds

2 Likes

Maybe I’m weird but i feel like it’s run it’s course

The bug was found, explained, fixed

I don’t see any reason to leave it open

4 Likes

Woah, ouch.

I believe the correct term is pinecones.

I agree, but as with many recent topics, there needs to be an outlet.

2 Likes

@JonahTheBard your memes are so biased toward 5* heroes, why not let the 3 and 4* heroes speak up? Dawa clearly has something to say!

Anyway, my take from this soap opera of a thread is that a bug was found in beta, SG was notified, the bug was fixed. The process worked.

Maybe update the thread title and close the thread? People dont need to complain about human error- all devs make mistakes, it happens. Beta testing exists to fix the mistakes. Sometimes having a beta process at all results in mistakes outside the beta, as we saw here, but it’s definitely better to have a beta (risks and all) and give a voice to players than to not have a beta.

2 Likes

Makes sense

I’ll just mute it

Thanks

I’d note, just because there’s an open thread doesn’t mean we need to post in it. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

This is one for the ridiculous complaints thread. :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

@JonahTheBard - on with that! Maybe some of the season 3 as they are currently in the story.

6 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Moderation Meme Requests