Are frozen tiles really any fun?

@Rigs, you said you didn’t like the ice in the Christmas Event…what about this instead of frozen tiles?

Certain tiles accumulate snow. If you haven’t matched them by three turns, they freeze (then behave as current ice tiles do now).

My idea. I’ll accept tuna in payment if you like it. :smiley_cat:

6 Likes

It’s better than the current version. I just want some kind of doom if i dont make the right moves. Right now it’s “here’s a frozen tile, if you don’t get rid of it in 1,002 turns, it will remain a frozen tile”

2 Likes

you want doom? Take Rook’s suggestion and carry it forward. Once frozen the blocks of ice harden each turn for three turns. Turn 1 as is now. Turn 2, can’t move them, turn 3 can’t match them for a fall. The only way to reverse the hardening 1 level is to make a match…so a tile stuck at 3 would become a 2 (matchable for a fall), a 2 would become a 1 (shiftable). Possibility of getting a totally locked board this way (though low probability I would think).

2 Likes

I’m game for facing a board lock. Definitely makes it more interesting and make you have to think more

Team i used. And literally had no trouble at all. I think i could have beat the last level without items but didnt chance it as i was ready just to get it over with. 2nd to last level i could definitely have beat without items, she was almost dead before i bombed her.

Had no trouble with the boards, breezed through them. Literally longest fight was likr 7 minutes 55 seconds and sure it was a long fight but wasnt any harder or more challenging.

To me a hard match is a raid where if i dont move the tiles just right, I’m settin off a cascade that could cost me the match. Or in war where i need to make one more move to fill my healer before a gravemaker or hel fires, i just didnt feel any of that through both tiers. Not once.

Basically slept with my eyes open flippin tiles.

2 Likes

A game isnt fun if there’s no risk involved. If crash bandicoot had super long levels but less obstacles, how fun would that be?

2 Likes

Well you have two, if not three of the most coveted 5 stars…some of us aren’t so blessed.

2 Likes

Valid point but they didnt effect the board. They mainly effected the bosse. Alby helped survival but survival wasnt ever in danger for him to be valuable.

I had fun with pumpkins. However, the frozen tiles are just frustrating. I’ve never been forced to use so many higher lvl items on anything else in the game. I’m having to wait on completing the final stage in advance till my forge is done leveling and training so I can make the items I will need.

Those are all HOTM—and some of the best ones at that, all with well-leveled 4* troops. They may not affect the board, but they do affect how difficult the levels are, and thus, bordom. I assure you that for those of us without a great roster of maxed 5*, the ice tiles do create a frustrating challenge due to taking damage from the prolonged battle (and if they were exploding tiles this mission could be impossible for most of us due to the heroes being so strong as well).

If you want a good challenging fight, try taking a 4* team next time. You might surprise yourself and have a blast.

Are you saying it’s my fault that the quest wasnt challenging enough for the heros SG designed and provided? That probly opens up a whole new can of worms lol

Super Advanced mode needs to be added. And boy would there be complaints if they ever did it.

1 Like

They made the heros. They made the troops. They made the quest. They provided all 3. So idk how “well you shouldnt use good heros and troops, then that makes the quest better designed” is really a solution…that would actually mean there is a flaw in one of the 3. And either troops are too effective, heros are OP, or the quest isn’t challenging enough.

And this is technically in response to @Yoohoo

Wont let me change who it mistakenly replied to.

Haha no I’m not blaming you at all. I’m just asking that you try to see it from my side. I need the ascension items just as much as the more powerful players, such as yourself, or actually I probably need them more due to not having a good 5* roster yet. The difficulty that would satisfy you would make the challenge impossible for me and others like me.

I do have two maxed 5* heroes, but have yet to be able to fit them into my team for this event because i need other hero specials more. I have to bring two healers just to survive long enough to get to the bosses, let alone actually defeat them. Suggesting you bring a 4* team wasn’t meant to be snarky, but a genuine suggestion for adding some interest for you while still keeping these difficult levels possible for those if us who aren’t as lucky.

1 Like

Well it’s probly a viable suggestion although i cant redo it now. And a 3rd tier of difficulty probably wouldnt be a bad idea and throw the troop tokens there with d blades and tomes that a lot of p2w are lacking. And replace the troop tokens with hero tokens in the other 2 tiers. Then put 4* trainers in top tier, 3* in mid tier, 2* in low tier. Keep the mats in the first 2 tiers the way they are.

Lower the energy cost in first 2 tiers. Make 3rd tier cost what 2nd tier costs now.

But idk probably too complicated to even request honestly

2 Likes

That would be a great solution. I wasn’t strong enough to get past the level in the sand event that gave out the orb, and it was fun making it my mission to become strong enough to complete the next seasonal event. Adding a third tier for the higher level players without taking away from the lower tiers would add another goal for us and the challenge you stronger players are needing.

2 Likes

I’m playing the NSane trilogy. The nostalgic feels

1 Like

I need to get them lol loved those games growin up

I absolutely agree. I didn’t find it to be fun at all. It was very annoying and drawn out. I just quit after a while because it sucked!