Are duplicate heroes worth keeping? Should I feed duplicate 4* and 5* heroes to other heroes?

I keep reading players saying “gosh I wish I hadn’t fed those three dupes to my main, now that Alliance Wars is here…”

I’d wait a month and see what you think after you’ve played 8+ Alliance Wars…

2 Likes

If you can field 6x good teams without dupes, great job! I’m still lagging on that front haha! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m up to 25 heroes - those would be 4* at 3/60 and up and 5* at 2/60 and up. Couple in the pipeline that probably won’t be ready for the first few.

@rook - I have been feeding off anything over 2 of any 4* at this stage and slow mana people. This still leaves me with 11 dupes to level at some point. Good problem to have, I know.

And no, I don’t spend a ton of money. Probably under $70 in 8+ months of playing. Winter calendar wrecked me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I’m waaay under Level here. Must max a few more 4*. Looks like I will be shutting down my TC20 for awhile. :wink:

I’m shutting down all 4 for TC11 training as they unwind their backlog. The kids are way too hungry and I can’t afford another mouth to feed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Most of my 5* are slow, unfortunately. Which of the slow 4* and 5* are plausible, if any, to use for AW? Thanks.

…and how many dupes are too many?

I only keep one dupe of each at this stage. My rationale being by the time I level all the normal ones and the dupes to 3/60 I’ll probably have up to 4 TC20 running again and will crank out more dupes…if needed.

After the first round of Alliance Wars yesterday, my advice would be to lay out six full teams. Keep 30 cards that will be on those teams, even if they’re only at 1/1. If a dupe isn’t likely to be on one of those rosters, it’s gone. Otherwise, hold. Storage space is fairly cheap, far cheaper than the costs of summoning.

My 1/20 Joon was useful last night on clean-up.

1 Like

I’m actually keeping more than that now to give me more flexibility in target selection in the later rounds; likewise to your Joon, my 1/1 Alby actually healed up a revenge attack on cleanup duty and soaked a special hit too. Totally worth it.

Hi guys, could you suggest me if I have to keep or not these 4* duplicates (I will indicate only the number of exceeding copies)?

Rigard:1
Caedmon:1
Tiburtus:2
Kiril:1
Sonya:1
Merlin:2
Lancelot:3
Gafar:1
Cyprian:1
Jackal:1
Chao:1
Grimm:1
Melendor:1
Kashrek:1
Kelile:1
Boldtusk:2
Gormek:1
Scarlett:1

Honestly, I’d keep all of those except Lancelot #4.

If I had to choose which ones to eat, I’d eat dupes of Cyprian, Kashrek, and Gormek.

Expansion space is cheap; just buy another 5 or 10 slots.

1 Like

Here is my list of which 4* heroes that are worthy of duplicates

I would like to keep 2 of every healer, nerfer and debuffer.

Red Blue Green Purple Yellow
Dupes Boldtusk Kiril Melendor Rigard Wu Kong
Gormek Sonya Caedmon Sabina Li Xiu
Scarlett Grimm Tiburtus Chao
Singles Colen Boril Skittleskull Cyprian Hu Tao
Kelile Kasshrek
Little John

I am on the fence about Chao.
I put him in the dupe category because he is a fast single hitter that reduces mana but I rarely use him.

What do you think?

Actually, I agree with you…healers and debuffers deserve to be in multiple copies :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For war yes. I believe there are several reasons to save duplicates of certain heroes.

Does anyone know if i use two Valerias against one enemy hero, how does the special skill work? Do they stack like it’s said in the card or does one skill block the other and just “start from the beginning”. Sorry my bad english. I’m getting rusty coz my profession has changed couple of years ago and i don’t use english in my job anymore.

But do you know what i mean about that Valeria’s attack? If they both attack same hero, do they both steal it’s healing or what?

Just found the answer to my guestion and it was yes… they actually stack and not just reset. Cool, i’m going to ascend both my Valerias coz rumour says that she’s getting HUUUUUGE damage boost to her skill. Booyah!

A Kash flanked team with a blue tank is awesome, since many players aren’t well prepared for that. One expects holy dark flanked tanks or red ones surrounded by green and blue. Blue tanks are rare and seem to confuse many attackers.

I only keep dupes of healers, mana controllers and fast hitters. It’s just more exciting to play many different heroes in multiple constellations. It’s awesome to find new combinations of well performing combinations.

You could feed dupes of colors, where you have more than say 10 heroes. It’s even bad to keep more, if they was 5*. You’ll probably never have the items to ascend em all.

In some cases it’s even better to keep a 4* than a 5, since they are cheaper and easier to max out.

Wondering how many duplicates of 4* and 5* do you keep. Seems I’m accumulating over three of same heros. Should I use some as feeders. Thanks for advice.

I have multiples of:
Hu Tao
Chao x3
Wu Kong
Kiril
Boril
Sonya x4
Caedmon x3
Melendor
Rigard x3
Cyprian x3
Sabina
Domitia
Boldtusk
Gormec
Khagan
Kelile x3
Colen
Scarlott

Many I can’t afford to take to tier 4… khagan, a 5* red sits at lvl 70 tier 3… waiting on rings and daggers… you really can’t ‘feed’ 5* heroes so I advance them one at a time then sit waiting on ascension items

Keep what you need for 4* events & war.
Definitely keep the rigards, boldtusk, kiril, maybe one of each sonya & caedmon.

Keep your 5*s for Hero Academy 10 if that’s in your pipeline.