Are common quests worth the energy?

Would like to see the opinion of my fellow players on this topic.
What common and uncommon quests are truly worthed the energy?
And please SG keep feeding us rare quests with valueable ascention items! More tome of tactics and damascus blades :wink:

1 Like

Only common I do are recruits when I need them and sometimes XP

Crafting items and battle items are pretty useless and food and iron is small

And i do all uncommon other than crafting because I find all of those when I farm

1 Like

I was in the camp of not doing them; however, I have found that many of them give higher XP and sometimes have some things, either troops or farming item that I need. I end up doing them.

I find both the common and uncommon ā€œfind recruitsā€ quests valuable, but none of the others.

Common recruits gives less recruits per energy than 8-7 except for the 1st stage

4 Likes

I tend to do all gem quests and all uncommon quests. I leave the other common quests alone unless I seriously need the resource being offered.

1 Like

30 recruits for 10 energy is the last stage on common, right? 8-7 could be 8 recruits for 3 energy, so thatā€™s almost evenā€¦

Find Recruit

This one is a good example of how misleading the ā€œbig rewardsā€ can be:

LVL Energy Recruit Recruit/Energy
FR-1 4 15 3.75
FR-2 8 20 2.5
FR-3 10 30 3
8-7 3 8-10 2.66-3.33
As you can see, only the first level has a higher Recruit/Energy than the best level to farm recruits in the campaign. Add the fact that lvl 2 and 3 gives lower XP, iron, food and general items, it is a bad deal.

Farming 8-7 for the same 18 energies and doing FR-2 and 3 will reward you with:

LVL XP Food Iron Recruit Item
FR-2 FR-3 4,550 7,700 16,300 50 56
8-7 x 6 4,902 9,030-10,224 19,890-22,554 48-60 102-120
Result, do only the first level, want some more recruits? Farm 8-7.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s all true if you assume that I want the best food, iron, and XP per energy ratio all the time.

The situation I find myself in far more often is this:
Iā€™m waiting on something to finish upgrading, so my iron is maxed.
Iā€™m also waiting on ascension materials, so my food is maxed.
Iā€™ve got 10 minutes to get back to work and I want to fill my training camps.

In that case, 50 guaranteed recruits for 18 energy in a few minutes is more valuable than running through 8-7 6 times. Plus, I havenā€™t been getting 10 recruits on 8-7 for a month. Itā€™s been 8 most of the time for me. In any case, they are close enough that there are definite benefits either way.

1 Like

I do all , higher xp to level up which gives you more world points and

Gem quests are no-brainers, but for all the others, Iā€™ll do first stage tops.

Recruits 2 is another story because of the frequent epic troop token as reward, but that quest isnā€™t ā€œcommonā€ iirc.

I do most of them just for the hell of itā€¦not like you wonā€™t get more world energy to use, course I am on a lot so I donā€™t really get concerned with maximizing the value of every flag like someone who only farms once a day probably should.

1 Like

I tend to do the same thing, though for the past few weeks, Iā€™ve not found the need for the relatively small amount of resources offered by the common quests. But thatā€™s one of the things I really like about this game, there is plenty of content for all levels of play, so we do get uncommon and rare quests that are more my speed at this stage. Aside from that, I stick with 8-7 as mentioned by someone else on this thread.

1 Like

Well Iā€™d say ā€œworth the energyā€ is not the right question somehow.
I farm mostly 8.7 or 5.8 anyway to get either backpacks or recruits so Iā€™ll do the monster chest by default. And Iā€™m currently ā€œcup droppedā€ to fight for food in raids therefore I do the hero chest by default also. The only time I stop doing the chests is if I focus on an event where I need to spent more world energy to get the good rewards.
I have to say I got a royal tabard out of the hero chest so my answer would be:
Sure, do the chests because there is not much left to do instead. :face_with_monocle:

I totally agree. Sometimes I want to spend WE as fast as possible because I know I wonā€™t have much time to play afterwards.

1 Like

If you need what the quest is offering, then most common quests are worthwhile. With the exception of recruits, a quest will offer more of a given resource than any normal stage. So gather food gives more food than any normal stage you can play for the same energy, same with iron. Gather Resources gives better food and iron on the first 2 stages, and gives you a daily hero token on the third. Collect XP gives better XP per energy than any normal stage. Gems gives you something you canā€™t for free get anywhere else.

All that being said, most common quests are not worthwhile during events (unless you have lots of world energy to throw away). Almost none are worthwhile during Atlantis Rising.

1 Like

The ones that tier 3/4/6 in WE cost offer 400+ experience per WE so I do them for that, except during AR then I skip them.

Do all the stages, and it should be more by a fraction. I think this holds true across all quests.

Exactly right

20 freaking characters

I do several:
all 1st stages which cost 3WE - they give more EXP/WE than anything, other than AR now and rare 3 stage of challenge events (previously 2nd)
food and iron quests
exp quests
both gem quests
1s stages of both recruits quests (and all in recruits II if it has the token)
and the one that give a raid flask (battle items II I think it is)