šŸ¦øā€ā™‚ļø Arco - 5* Nature / Green from Sanctuary of Gargoyles

a big fat zero, but I think that was a rhetorical question

2 Likes

I got him in SE and I am amazed by him. Used him as flank to Ludwa during Costume Quest and I never had so much fun in the game lately:

And heā€™s not even fully leveled and emblemed yet, not even talking about LB. At 4/60 his minions had over 400HP already. Count in that overhealing that can be truly massive with numerous minions and he basically is able to keep whole team alive. And when flanked by Ludwig, thereā€™s no worry at all.

Very, very good and probably the best SE trade I ever made!

9 Likes

Mine is only 2/46, but Iā€™ve replaced Mother North with him on the Costume Quest. I just need to charge him up to fire at the start, using mana pots, and Iā€™m good for the stage. His stoneskin buys time to fire again so that everyone is pretty much overhealed to 2x max health in no time. I canā€™t wait until he is maxed and LB with emblems.

1 Like

You both make great points.

Really the Arco v Milena debate caused me to forget the kind of player I am.

I was really tempted by the idea of having a super utility hero in Milena.

But that would only make raids and war more fun.

Fundamentally, I am the FTP type of guy who wants to auto farm everything (as much as possible) and complete all the quests to maximise the number of pulls and mats (particularly in the context of Soul Exchange and Fated Summons which is now a new mechanic or pathway for us to obtain heroes we need) ā€¦I canā€™t pretend that I have all the roster to do so in the ninja and styx towersā€¦

With that as my base and identity, it was very easy to realise that Arco was the one for me.

If my roster was already deep enough to finish all those quests, to auto-farm hard levels, and have the foundation to generate lots of pulls, I would go for Milena no questionā€¦

5 Likes

The Arco vs Milena struggle brought good arguments for both sides

But in the end you need to figure out whatā€™s the best for your roster and you needs

Certainly a lot of players that get Arco will be able to finish some quests walking an easier path with less wasting and will get higher floors in towers. Thatā€™s valuable

5 Likes

He didnā€™t say you should only get her if you are top 1%. He just used that as evidence to back up his claim. I.E., top 1% wouldnā€™t have multiple copies of a hero that was not top tier. You are confusing the point.

1 Like

The thing is that the main argument for Milena is that top tier wars use her. My point is thatā€™s a fairly small subset of players. Does it mean that if you arena part of that group Milena is useless? No, but trying to say that people should choose her because top players use her is a bit of a weak arguement when you are talking about players who have lots of the latest and greatest.
A better question, which is what people are asking, if you had none of these, and none of the other OP heroes, who would be the most impactfulful on the game? A hero that you use for 2 flags in a week, or a hero that will find more use in events, map farming, and is really good on war defense especially for minions or rush wars.

1 Like

At the top 50 alliance level I would disagree with this. Arco has more utilisation there as well as in pretty much every other aspect of the game.

At top 10 alliance level you may well be right. But alsoā€¦ I donā€™t care because I am not there.

1 Like

Well, you can disagree, but isnā€™t the premise of all games to be the best? Thatā€™s what the term ā€˜metaā€™ came from. So people emulate what the top tier players are using and thatā€™s what they chase. Look at it this way:
You can only judge a unit compared to all other units all at equal level. So only top tier players are going to have every unit maxed out and LBā€™d. So with all units maxed out and LBā€™d, the top tier players are choosing to use Milena more than Arcos. That was his point. Itā€™s like having a lab with a controlled experiment in this case. The only way to gauge a unitā€™s value is by having all units maxed to compare it to. Thatā€™s pretty much what the top tier is doing. The OP is not arguing that Milena is best for everyone, heā€™s just arguing that all things being equal, Milena is better than Arcosā€¦and using the top tier players as evidence for this as they provide the best environment to test that.

1 Like

Only if you want to spend thousands of dollars on this game. But no, the premise isnā€™t necessarily to be the best, but to have fun. Some people want to be competitive and those are the ones who have all the meta heroes, but the vaste majority may spend some money, or no money just to have fun and not likely to reach the top 100 on the leaderboard.

And as I keep pointing out, thatā€™s not necessarily relevant. People outside of that top tier alliance arenā€™t likely going to see war meta defenses. In our case, weā€™ll see the odd defense that has some of the latest heroes, but the vaste majority are pretty pedestrian. So if I can deal with those defenses with your run of the mill S1 heroes, or older HoTMs or event heroes, does getting a new OP hero to help with 1 flag really make a big deal?

In one aspect only, and thatā€™s war. So yes, go ahead and say that Milena kills Arco in war, so for 2 flags a week, you get a great result. In every other aspect I havenā€™t seen anyone make the case that Milena is the one to pick. The only concrete argument that was ever made is that Milena does a fast cleanse. Great. Somehow that doesnā€™t seem to be that much of a game changer. Otherwise, the only argument that is ever made is that top tier players use her all the time and want to have more. Thatā€™s not exactly a concrete argument.

Conversely, I can make a number of arguments for Arco:

• overhealing capability (which is key because you can fire any time for boosted health. with regular healing youā€™re limited by HP limit)
  • remove fiends and turn them into minions
  • minion shields

You can argue that Milenaā€™s fast heal can compensate, except you need to fire it twice since most fiends absorb more than 25% health. And if you are mana impaired (like with Elizabeth), that may make things harder.
Or you go the slow route and fire her damage.
I mean itā€™s great that you have the choice, but all the arguments have been for her quick healing because of the fast meta defenses.

In some ways, you are trying to argue the ranking side of this where you are saying Milena is the best because all the top players say so.

4 Likes

Eh, you are just being stubborn at this point and ignoring things to prove a point. Milena also gives mana, huge thing to overlook and one of the number 1 most coveted skills in the game. Kind of done with this. I tried to come with an open mind and yours is just closed.

Lastly, if you are playing the game to just have fun you wouldnā€™t care what unit was better than another, nor even trying to argue. You would just pick the unit you wanted and have fun with it. Why even keep going on about it then? The OPā€™s post are for people who want to be the best they can be at the game, not for those just playing to have fun.

2 Likes

Well, for one thing, this is the Arco thread, not the Arco vs Milena thread so maybe these should all be moved over?

50% of 10% mana on first charge right? Otherwise 100% at 2nd charge. If I recall correctly, based on defense speed, youā€™ll only want to fire the first charge only.

Why keep arguing? Iā€™m trying to provide points so that others can make their decisions, but the only argument Iā€™ve seen contrary is top tier players pick her. No explanation or details.

Letā€™s put it this way. Explain why they pick her instead of just saying they pick her.

5 Likes

Canā€™t believe this topic is still ongoing. I thought the soul exchange event is already over?

It seems a lot of players probably donā€™t even have 2-3 lvl 29 troops and use heroes that cast together. Their best teams likely require 9-tiles anyway, so they wonā€™t need to worry about Milenaā€™s vf support.

The war opponents they fight are probably a lot easier anyways.

4 Likes

Do we need the mods to come in here for everyone to be civil? Pro Milena faction please go back to relevant threads. This is about arco and how kickass he is :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Maybe you should research more rather than me explain what others have already explained countless times. Like you said, thereā€™s another thread for it. Go look there for the explanation. I was assuming you already knew the pros and cons to even be debating in the first place. Didnā€™t realize you needed it explained to you again.

We didnā€™t start the fireā€¦ Itā€™s been burning since the worldā€™s been turningā€¦

4 Likes

All animals are equal only some are more equal.

2 Likes

I like my Arco, the one I got from Soul Exchange. MF just keeps on healing and stuff.
I like my Milena, the one I got from some portal last year. I donā€™t think it was from the Hogwarts portal, but all the same.
I think if I were to put both on my defense team, Milena might actually survive long enough to unleash her 2x charge twice.
I like Arco because he exponentially increases the survivability of my team. I cannot speak for the survivability of those who come to attack my defense team, since Milena, Arco, and Xiaotu have something to say about that.

2 Likes

Thanks. I guess that ends the discussion since you have nothing to add. Iā€™m not even sure why you bothered to speak up in this thread if you arenā€™t going to add anything.

1 Like

Big advantage on offense is TILE DMG which is SIGNIFICANTLY STRONGER than any slash attackā€¦ that is before any mana is filled for either sideā€¦

OFFENSE is thus much more potent and thats why it ends up winning most of times

1 Like