🦸‍♂️ Arco - 5* Nature / Green from Sanctuary of Gargoyles

Yep, one thing I didn’t even mention in my post above is the stoneskin. That has saved me and wasted the enemies specials more times than I can count. So yeah, now add that 1 damage the next 3 times they receive damage. Come on, and yeah, if you have another gargoyle, all the better. The immunity to poison is another thing that’s helped on occasion. Dudes awesome.

5 Likes

He’s a fun well balance hero whose niche is not only relegated to fiend control. Even without fiends he can hold well as a healer. His strength of fast summoning up to 10-15 minions is also his biggest weakness in the form of anti minion heroes. You can easily bait him with a fiend spawner and heroes like grimble

1 Like

I like to bring Arco next to Black Knight… both have the ability to drop damage to 1 and are really annoying if you can’t get rid of them or their minions fast. Of course you can bring an Anti-Minion Hero to this defense, but they are either yellow or purple (ok, except for costume Gormek) or don’t fit to Arco or Black Knight properly, so the chances are pretty good for the other team members to hit hard behind a beefy cover. Arco is not invincible, but if you have only one Gargoyle, then this combination is pretty nice :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve faced and used Bera as my anti-Arco hero. She kept him from summoning any minion.

Hulda didn’t stand a chance either when Bera released butterflies

And Bera is fast. So she fires at 7.

Not everyone has Bera but she’s a reasonable alternative against Arco

The victory, of course, depends on who’s sided with her

1 Like

This one will age very well.
(Since I think we’ve only seen the beginning of fiends)

No one worry about Noxy’s opinion - he hates everything

1 Like

The passive is now changed with the latest balance updates.

3 Likes

I use 3 to 4 healers in most my raids

2 Likes

Just trying to help players save their precious materials and money. Knowing the odds are mostly the same for pulling the hero you want, it’s better to go for a hero that are more useful. Hence why you want to go for a healer that cleanse and/or add mana. Nothing wrong with my statement it’s not made up. Just go ask any top player.

It’s simple logic really, if you don’t have a healer that cleanse for you, you’ll need to add another hero that cleanses, this makes pairing really hard. If your healer adds mana too, you might not need to move a tile for your offensive heroes to cast! This literally turns the tide of the match. Often times you move a tile, opponent cast first and you lose. Hence why a healer that adds mana = GODLY.

Nothing wrong with Arco, he heals a lot and have high survivability. But cleansing and adding mana is on a whole another level.

Replacing a fiend with two, 500hp minions with a sick overheal is GODLY.

6 Likes

Yes! Exactly what you said @Ugk26, it bears repeating, so I’ll quote you and get the cool gray box:

Replacing a fiend with two, 500hp minions with a sick overheal is GODLY.

Arco is loved by some of the strongest players in the game, watch some videos (Jeckyl & Hyde for example) can choose anyone (he has them, and has them maxed) and he uses Arco on his green team.

1 Like

Top players already have healers that can cleanse and/or add mana or at faster speed…

They can use the 24+ ascension materials to lvl up any new hero.

What I am trying to say is prioritization. Unless you already got fast healers that cleanse and/or add mana, Arco doesn’t come first. The worst mistake is seeing someone lvling a hero and think you should to. Remember they already lvled up the heroes that needed prioritizing.

Arco is a situational avg speed healer that doesn’t cleanse. There are already heroes that will heal cleanse at fast speed or even very fast! Think twice before lvling a hero that can be “replaced” so easily. A faster speed healer or avg speed that cleanse or add mana will last you a lot longer.

2 Likes

How is Arco situational and a cleansing healer isn’t?

A cleanser that doesn’t cleanse anything is just a healer.

A cleanser that cleanses DOT - well you can calculate the amount of damage that DOT would have caused and compare it directly to the amount of heal that another healer can give.

A cleanser can cleanse blind or other ailments that can impact gameplay, sure that is valid. Or again - they can cleanse nothing.

Arco gives an unconditional overheal (worth more than a heal) plus unconditional minions that are in total worth about 1000 overheal. Conditionally in the best case scenario he gives an overheal equivalent of about 5100. (3 800 hp fiends converted into 500 hp minions + 1200 overheal roughly). That is insane! And between worst case scenario and best case scenario you will often get 2000 or 3000 overheal from him. To me that is a lot better than Ariel’s conditional heal & cleanse (and mana gain up), and often better than Dr Zuri’s conditional heal and cleanse.

Please stop giving bad advice based on your limited understanding of the game (and playing for 4+ years clearly isn’t enough to elevate that knowledge). Arco is one of the absolute best healers in the game period and nobody could ever regret using mats on him. But if you feel you can’t get by without a cleanser in your team - pair him with someone like Dr Zuri and cover all your angles, and get a great synergy while you are at it.

11 Likes

Thing is Arco is not easily replaced. Esme even with the buff can’t complete with how Arco handles fiends. Not only is he the best conditional healer, he is the fastest condition summoner in game.

3 Likes

Is the game trying to compete who can heal the most? Or trying to kill the opponent team before they kill you? What happens when you heal but opponents are still alive? You still need to move tiles and kill them right? Moving tiles boost the opponent’s mana right? Yes, I’ve been playing for a while. And I do understand that killing the opponents = the best strategy. Support heroes are meant to give your attacking heroes a few more chances to cast. But shouldn’t be the strategy to help you win.

For the record, I have 2 Arcos not lvled.

Very simple - you continue the game! Battles are a balance between defending and attacking. And Arco is so valuable because none of this huge overheal/minion boost go to waste, giving you plenty of turns and moves to set up your attack.

Just showing you only have one narrow minded view of how to win

4 Likes

lol you know how often you cast Arco and ended up losing. Opponent can murder your heroes when cast together. Despite you have minion or not. Especially how hard they hit nowadays.

Toxicandra for example, have saved me countless times by allowing my attack heroes to cast first and kill 3 opponents before they cast.

Again, nothing wrong with Arco. You do you. Just saying for those who haven’t pulled. Go for a better and longer-lasting alternative.

When you have limited roster and pull Arco, that is your top priority, you cant prioritize much more than that :slight_smile:

Very sturdy minions, technically fast healer on attack, overheal, protection vs fiends… He is the best green healer in game, period… Toxicandra could be second though

5 Likes

She is decent. But a small heal that won’t kill off many fiends. You fire her and get a couple of wrongly timed tiles set off and you are dead. Arco will keep you alive through enemy specials until you are ready to attack. I would level Arco over her any day.

Different styles of play and very wrong to discount one over another just because it is not one that you are familiar with.

4 Likes

Oh we’re factoring in fiends now? Ok that’s situational.