ARCHIVED - 1* / 2* Tournament teams before 136 votes removed them from Empires

Elo’s math or Leaven bread recipes

There are several ways Devs could use Elo’s math for the Tourneys.

Elo’s basic math is sound. Like a recipe for plain bagels. Elo’s basic math has been adapted to many different situations from Chess tourneys to MMOs. Like many recipes for bagels are adjusted to the individual flavors from blueberry to Asiago cheese. Just like leaven bread needs to rise, Tourneys ( and alliance war ) need qualifying rounds to establish initial seeding.

Instead the Devs are continuing to reinvent the wheel. Like taking a recipe for spaghetti noodles and trying to adapt it to bagels. Without the time to rise ( qualifying rounds ) you just get deflated bagels.

1*+19 and 2*+7 heroes

Rumors from Beta say that tourneys were a lot of fun. But the Devs instance on trying to adapt a spaghetti noodle recipe ( no qualifying rounds ) to making bagels means I am personally boycotting all but 4* Hero Tourneys.

Because of the Boycott I will be removing all emblems from my 1*+19 and 2*+7 heroes. I will keep the fully leveled heroes because roster space is cheaper than leveling X* 1.1 heroes again. And I can afford the roster space.

Click for details about 3* / 4* / 5* heroes

3*+15 heroes

After I have a good group of 4*+15 heroes ( most heroes gain little from X*+16 to X*+20 ), I will start using emblems on 3*+1 to raise them to 3*+15 for Challenge events, class quests ( looking at you Mneusses ) and general fun. The lack of two 5* healers is still stalling my rainbow 5* 2.60 team while I have five 4*+9 healers and I am bringing Vivica to 5* 3.70 to act as a yellow 650 power hero for Pirates ( reflect purple ).

5* Heroes

If your alliance has 50%, or more, members lacking four rainbow 4* 3.60 teams, 5* heroes are not as important. The rumored Hunter’s Lodge ( helps with rare titans from 5*, and up ) will further decrease the need for 5* heroes among these alliances.

Can not recommend

Due to all of the above, I can not recommend leveling 1* / 2* heroes. And I strongly encourage removing all emblems from 1* / 2* heroes.

Keep a rainbow team

If you have any, I do recommend keeping one rainbow 1* team and one rainbow 2* team, in case 1* / 2* Tourneys get fixed. But if you can not afford the roster space ( some of my friends are in this situation ), 3* / 4* heroes are better to concentrate because they are the most versitile heroes in Empires at this time.

-=

2 Likes