April 2022 Balance Update - Discussion

In addition to the above, we’re modifying one more thing this week: fully Ascended and leveled Challenge Event Hero Costumes will now grant a Costume Bonus equal to that of Classic Hero Costumes (+5% Attack, +5% Defense, +10% Health, +5% Mana). This change is set to go live on Tomorrow 1:00 PM .

Old heroes doesn’t get reworked even if useless, they get costumes.
Old heroes baseline stats doesn’t get an increase, the costume version get it.

If costumes are in need of a buff due to stats’ powercreep how much behind are the baseline versions? smh… nohing new.

8 Likes

Should be coming soon. If they buff CF costumes, HOTM costumes should get this buff too. In next round of ToL : June!

3 Likes

CF costumes will be like S1 costumes.

Original CF heroes (with costumes) will get a bigger boost to their stats, like S1 heroes with costume bonus.

1 Like

I know, so costumeless (aka baseline) heroes are still without any stats bump.

1 Like

Yes. But the fact that SGG is applying S1 costume bonus to CF heroes with costumes is quite telling.

Non S1 costumes were considered as distinct from S1, not meriting the same CB as S1 costume heroes.

Now that pool is a tad murkier. The better CB pool now includes selected CF heroes, not just S1.

Add in the fact that some S2 3/4* will receive costumes (now in beta)…, it is possible that some CF 3/4* will receive costumes too, in the near future. Looking at June!

SGG’s apparent generosity towards players usually comes with a carefully planned revenue strategy.

Let’s see how this pans out.

2 Likes

At this point they might as well buff the seasonal heroes to the 5-5-10-5 stats. Victor, Rana, Yunan, Santa, MN, ML stats are so outdated

3 Likes

Maybe they will. Maybe.

They just nerfed the entire Xmas family in February. Pushing costume buff to 5-5-10-5 will take away some of the sting of that nerf.

Of course that only benefits the 5*. The 3/4* will still be ignored and neglected.

2 Likes

I think that will happen just before these events will return later this year.

1 Like

In all honesty, I think that these and all rebalancing should be tested in Beta before being released.
And it bothers me greatly that SG Buff up heroes that are already “Good” and/or “Strong” whilst leaving other heroes, some already with costumes, completely outdated and forever on the bench

7 Likes

That’s pretty much all S1 and costumes that aren’t fast mana

2 Likes

So these costumes buffs don’t affect Easter or Halloween or Christmas costumes as they are seasonal challenge events?

Is that right?

Victor / Killhare / Krampus costumes aren’t getting this buff are they?

No, does not affect seasonal costumed heroes.

2 Likes

Even with costume bonus, old hero stats are still way behind current heroes.

3 Likes

i don’t have Xnolphod and find it ridiculous that the tower stage properties toward the end of Impossible were reworked just to stop the auto-mana fest. events have always worked this way: you either have certain heroes to compete at the top, or you don’t. (and even then, there are ways of working around that limitation.)

Xnolphod just allowed people to complete the tower, but their scores weren’t going to be anything competitive if they just auto-played at the first possible chance.

there was another thread about how to do it without Xnolphod, but i can’t find it for the life of me. i’m assuming the new Absolute Resolve penalty will prevent THAT mana cycle from going on endlessly?

What’s amusing is that the first non-s1 costumes in beta had the same bonuses as S1 heroes.

There was universal negative comments in making costumes for non-S1, who already outshined S1 heroes. So SG lowered non-S1 costume bonuses to placate the negative feedback and eventually released them in that form.

Time has passed, and power creep continued so I can see why they want to do this. I don’t think it needs testing in beta. We all know what the feedback and end result will ultimately be.

6 Likes

Yes, that was a great concern in Beta when these costumes are arrived for the first place in version 36 Beta.

9 Likes

I’ve just said in beta category how much I hate those feedback sumaries. They just list everything they’ll ignore and… post so we can see how much time we wasted testing and writing the reviews.

5 Likes

Not being in beta, I appreciate them a lot. I think they are important for transparency and accountability to learn what were the things that are due to beta feedback and which are decisions that go against beta feedback.

Not having them will not make the situation better, just less transparent and with more blame throwing around.

And to be fair, in the Q&A last year they did say that they take some decisions despite beta feedback because they are more in line with their long term (business) plans

3 Likes

I see, seeker. Thank you for caring abou beta testers :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

These business and long term plans tho… I’m yet to see anything but power creeping in some years since last real balance update (when Kong, khagan, MokArr and many other were buffed).

2 Likes

They do an extremely valuable work on a volunteer basis, SG should be really grateful to them!

I agree with this part, I also have my doubts that their approach is the best long-term for keeping the game enjoyable for most players. Just that I don’t think less information about what is going on is a solution

1 Like