šŸ… [Apr 9, 2019] 2nd Raid Tournament! ā€” 3* Buff Booster, All Elements

also they said they will increase defense bonus. so you will get very low vs very big score on defense which should balance it.
also in offense you will get lower points going against weak teams.

If they rely on my defense team, than I will get the same pointsā€¦ Whatever, they testing this feature, so do I :). I make this try only to give feedback, because I think is a way for gaming the systemā€¦ Rewards are anyway close to zero, at least I will satisfy my curiosity for a good purpose.

1 Like

This raid tournament was only made so my husband could laugh in my face. He kept every 3* and maxed all the fast ones immediately. I kept telling him to switch to his 4* and 5*, and he kept sayng "not until I max (insert name of 3* here). Now he is laughing at me. I have 2 maxed 3* and Iā€™m racing to get 3 more maxed. They arenā€™t even the most synergetic 3*, but they are what Iā€™ve kept around for war. He has a solid defense lineup and 4 benches of attack heroes. The only thing I have up on him is troops. SMH I hate when heā€™s right.

3 Likes

Weā€™ll find out when it starts, but I highly doubt thatā€™s how it works.

Hereā€™s why:

If you make it so a base 1500 team in this tournament is worth only 300 points fresh out of the gate, and your matchmaking starts the players with that defense in the 1500 pool for all 5 (presumed successful) attacks, theyā€™d get 1500 points.

If you then say that the base 2400 team is worth 500 points because it is a stronger team than the 1500 squad above, and you stick the 2400 players in the 2400 pool, after 5 (presumed successful) attacks theyā€™d have 2500 points.

So after day 1, all of the 5/5 players in the 1500 pool are 1000 points behind the 5/5 players in the 2400 pool.

And you may say ā€œwho cares? Theyā€™re weak 1500 players and they should be happy to get what they get,ā€ apply this system to a tourney with 5* teams allowed and all the 4* teams start 1000 back with no way to make up the ground and the issue is obvious.

You canā€™t have a scoring system that relegates a chunk of the field out of the running for top spots after day one (or that makes making up ground difficult). Players will have a bigger cow than theyā€™re having now, especially if they do restore awards.

Now if we could buy specific heroes, maybe thatā€™s different, but not everyone can get 3* even regularly, and the system to pull heroes is totally random. So if they want an equitable tourney, they canā€™t preference points by team power when team building is random dependent on what you draw.

I expect defense team values to be flat across the board, starting at a set value and then getting to the bonus like last time (though the size of the bonus at the end of the day may be more). Otherwise, expect a lot of blowback (but then blowback may happen anyway).

Ah I found your post :slight_smile: Thatā€™s a lot of emblems on Hawkmoon lol, her HP is pretty high for a 3 star and defense is respectable.

I do agree that dispelling is going to be important, if Belithā€™s your only one then it may be worth to have her flank Hawkmoon for that color synergy. Youā€™d have to give up either Melia or Gato though for her spot.

My awesome defense team of all 1* heroes and one 3* trainer will hold the lines, while my deep bench of 3* heroes and troopers go on a killing spree. Since loot is nerfed might as well play with the matching system and see how it goes for future reference. If i make it in the 25% range im gonna say the system be broke. If done right and i go 20-0 i better fall in the last bracket or their will be lots of shenanigans going on in these tourneys.

4 Likes

Actually, I think Iā€™d still stash her in the corner. I really want to get those fast mana buffs up quickly to try and kill the slow mana Gunnars and Kailanis before their spirit link can come online (since my chances to dispel it arenā€™t as good as yours). Both Belith and Brienne are average mana.

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m saying Iā€™m leaning toward using Belith on my attack team anyway. If I see itā€™s going badly, I can prioritize green tiles and get the dispel ready quicker. If not, I can prioritize blue and yellow to get Gato/Melia to fire more quickly. Who knows what the AI will do with my defense team? Iā€™m hoping Hawkmoon as tank can keep people healed, even in the face of a few buffs, until Belith can dispel and/or Valen can bring the wrath of his strike + defense down. Why the heck didnā€™t SGG give Hawkmoon dispel like Belith? Ugh.

1 Like

Hilarious!

It might be just me, but until this upcoming tournament who would have dreamed thereā€™d be a thread asking advice for the best 3* hero lineup? :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

If you go 20-0 with no defense, Iā€™m going to guess you would have gone 18-2 or better with a real defense.

Aye, i can agree with that but still could go 20-0. What im saying, regardless of win/loss i should fall into the last bracket or they will be lots of sandbagging going on in future tournaments, with a defense of 4 1* heroes and one 3* trainer they should lise every single defense engagement and since defense points are suppose to be a big part of your score i should fall dead last bracket even if i go 20-0 or people are gonna exploit this loophole and find their comfort zone taking up good bracket spots of players who are actually trying.

Yeah, that is absolute silliness. I really hope they didnā€™t build the tourney that way. Whatā€™s wrong with sending you up against increasingly difficult defenses until gasp you lose. Or donā€™t lose.

Making it so you only fight people on your defense level is really silly. Why even bother to get better then?

1 Like

Which is why I asked how the next day matchmaking is determined. Even If it switches to earned points, there be an issue with gaining points vs difficulty levels. Hitting a line up of 1* heroes on day 4 will be a big issue. Wish someone would layout the entire process for us.

Iā€™ll try the high as possible defense and see how I get paired up.

I think smart and experienced player will have no trouble against Gunnar tank. However the are many more inexperienced players who might go with rainbow team, that is a costly mistake against Gunnar.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a lot of emblemsā€¦ Good luck :slight_smile:

Fwiw, I suspect, though Iā€™m not certain because we havenā€™t seen it in action yet, that depending on what those 1* heroes look like, you may do surprisingly well.

There are a lot of reasons why that would be the case beyond the main reason everyone is looking at (easy attacks early on) that arenā€™t being discussed hereā€¦yet.

I am fielding a 1* team as well. Iā€™m very curious to see if what I think is going to happen with that set up happens, because if it does, Itā€™s going to get really interesting in these tournaments really quick.

Finally found the answer. Belith AND Brienne. Dropping Valen. Yes, he has a ton of emblems, but his defense is actually a tick lower than Brienneā€™s because I went the attack route with him. His attack is much higher, but if Brienne fires, hers will instantly jump like 59% and buff everyone else as well. Plus, the green stack will be better against the plethora of Gunnar tanks I expect to see over the next few days. Valenā€™s HP is like 800+, but if it gets to the point that Iā€™m worried about the HP of my right wing (with two healers on the team) then I probably already lost anyway. Canā€™t believe it took me that long to figure it out, but better now than in a few hours!

1 Like

I plan to read the entire thread and post comments in a bit but I needed to make this post first. In case no one else has said it ā€¦
@zephyr1 @Rook @Kerridoc

These new threads yā€™all are making for new content are amazing. I love how it gives a detailed summary of the topic, has suggestions for discussion points and has links to many relevant threads. Iā€™m not sure how difficult or time consuming it is to make these but I love the concept.

Also not only for these threads but also for volunteering your own free time to help keep the forum ā€œconstructive and civil,ā€ (at least as much as it can be) making sure threads are in the correct categories and duplicates get merged together and answering everyoneā€™s questions (or at least pointing them in the right direction).

With all the new content and issues lately Iā€™m sure this forum can get frustrating and many times the help and work yā€™all do doesnā€™t garner appreciation. So I just wanted to take the time to make sure yā€™all know I appreciate everything yā€™all do and Iā€™m sure many others do as well. Staying neutral, while also expressing your own thoughts and opinions is a task Iā€™m sure not many would be able to accomplish.

So again, Youā€™re the best! Thank you!

11 Likes

@zephyr1 gets all the credit for these ā€œseederā€ threads! (OK, iā€™ll take credit for the AMA ones).

9 Likes

Thanks, @Alyssaann1014, glad youā€™re enjoying them!

They do take me quite a while, so itā€™s nice to hear theyā€™re helpful. :slight_smile:

3 Likes