🏅 [Apr 9, 2019] 2nd Raid Tournament! — 3* Buff Booster, All Elements

Without clarification this absolutely reads like a potential loophole.

2 Likes

And in the main thing, a doubt assails me. If I interpret what they say well, if I put my best defense, I will have better rivals, who give more points. This seems like an idea to seek equity, but do you realize that, unless the defensive points are a hundred times higher than the attack points, is it stupid? Everyone has the last one in mind and they think based on it, but there will be 5 * or limiting to one color less. If I put, in a tournament of 5 *, a defense of 4200, they confront me to 4200, but if I put 5 of 4 *, I face 4 *, that I will attack with a team of 4200 and it will be a 20/20. This is valid for 4 * too. Either the defense points are huge or it is a huge mistake.

1 Like

I read this significantly differently than the posters who feel this is problematic. “The beginning” may mean the first day’s worth of raids, or even just the first raid. For as long as the beginning is, you may get a few easy matches. But they may be worth fewer points. And / or your defense could grade out so poorly each day that you can’t recoup the points by beating up on those easier teams.

I noted that we all seemed to be offered a first attack against a brand new defense, worth 200 base points + 100 bonus points (presumably those bonus points then dropped precipitously as they lost more and more matches). And many strong defenses (in fact I think all, that I remember seeing) were never attacked at all.

It seems possible that those strong defenses were never matched up in the first place, and thus never entered the pool of defenses to draw upon in future matches. This change seems to be an effort to address that.

Regardless, we’ll have to see how it plays out. I definitely will NOT be setting anything less than the best defense I can just to try to find an edge, though I kind of hope a few people do (so we can learn from it, not so you do poorly). If you gamble on that and are correct, then kudos.

4 Likes

The amount of loot given by the Raid Tournaments has been reduced in the meantime … why?
For four days of the tournament … there are really ridiculous prizes !!!

1 Like

Me too :grin: I am also guessing it’s going to be a 3* tournament.

2 Likes

Please see the 200 posts (and counting) on the loot change here:

5 Likes

I may or may not… (undecided)… use myself as a guinea pig and use a poo defense team.

Sure it might make me end up in the bottom 25%, but the way I see it: Since the loot is nerfed temporarily, if there’s any time to experiment—it’s now.
If someone uses this tournament to learn from, they might miss out on one or two good pieces of loot and it will most likely be an 3* ascension item and some emblems most likely. If someone waited until after the loot is restored to expirement, they’ll be missing out so much more.

8 Likes

If you do, I look forward to your findings!

3 Likes

A Freudian slip … :poop:

4 Likes

I thought that was just a Forum-friendly intentional word choice. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m in on low def team (if possible; if it’s a 3* tourney I can’t do all 2* in a way that would be meaningful…yet).

I agree that it is a prime time to experiment, and I tend to believe that low def will be much more beneficial than high def in this.

1 Like

good evening a shame the tournament awards … you do not have the sensitivity to see how much they are hurting the warriors … giving good prizes in the first tournament and then taking the good prizes and putting ridiculous prizes … Download this but it is not game

1 Like

Can we use what we have at the moment , matching wise , Diamond vs Diamond, Platinum vs Platinum etcs, ofcourse I’m going to drop cup so my ranking will be higher , better than current system where my 4* TEAM destroys defense of TP3000. No perfect system, i m sure they can use the experience from Common raids & Alliance War matching to fix this prob.

1 Like

+1 on this. I think that, as a strategy, setting a low def will screw one in later days as one wins and gets matched upward. If they’re smart, one’s D and O will match at the same level. So I’m anticipating a good first day in that strategy, and then a rough rest of the week.

Of course, loot is reduced, so now is the time to try out crazy strategies if you’re going to.

5 Likes

And it’s up

4 Likes

My defense team is 2178 with a 3 star trainer. I’m joining anyway :rofl:

3 Likes

This time i will ignore the raid. 3*… nothing for me

1 Like

So what counts as a buff? Obviously the attack and defense buffs, but what about mana generation, spirit link? Anything else?

3 Likes

Counts this buff boost also for the enemy, if my team puts a buff on it? e. g. decrease in attack will lead to a buff in attack? Sounds a bit strange…sry for the bad english :laughing:

1 Like

Any beneficial status effect.

This thread will likely be useful for a lot of people:

4 Likes

Cookie Settings