[Apr 3, 2019] šŸ”µ Trials of Mysticism Teams ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!

I enjoy these trials, finally a reason to level up Natalia, since l am seemingly unable to draw Mitsuko :roll_eyes:

I bring, small mana & health potions, arrows & revive scrolls. I was very lucky with the boards so l only used 4 healing potions & 3 arrows on the final stage with this team.

2 Likes

My team:

• Sabina 4^70+5
  • Onatel 3^70
  • Skittleskull 4^43
  • Ameonna 3^30
  • Ulmer 3^50

This is a significant upgrade from last time, with one more emblem for Sabina, bringing Onatel to the ascension cap, maxing Ulmer from 3^22, and switching in my recently acquired Skittleskull and Ameonna for Graymane 3^50 and Jahangir, who wasnā€™t maxed, but is now. Obviously, with that pathetic crew, I didnā€™t even attempt the final stage last time, and attempting it this time was just to see how much difference my new recruits have made.

I knew it was going to go badly when the first mob killed Ulmer with two hits before I could go for a healing potion or get Sabina anywhere close to firing. I was pretty short on purple tiles throughout, which was also challenging. As i progressed through the mobs, it was difficult to decide when to fire Ameonna. She is so squishy, I needed the protection of her being in ghost form, but I didnā€™t want to waste her significant boost to tile damage by firing when there were few to no purple tiles to match.

It was a good thing I brought the whole arsenal. I used several minor healing potions in the mob waves, but Sabina fired often enough that I still had enough left for the bosses. The last tile match of the final mob got away from me before I could charge all specials, but I was able to open with a dragon attack, bomb attack, and Skittleskullā€™s special. After one move, I was able to fire Onatel, which was probably the difference in the battle. I was able to keep all the bosses from firing except one shot from Ulmer near the end. Unfortunately, Ameonnaā€™s boost wasnā€™t able to help much before she went into permanent ghost form! (0 HP) I like to try and let the dragon attacks do their DOT when possible, and I think two of them completed their DOT while I did my best to maximize tile damage and fired Skittleskull and Onatel one more time each. Once boss Ulmer fired, though, I got too worried about the defense down, so I called in the air strike, using all bombs, all axes, and one more dragon attack to claim the emblems.

Iā€™m saving all my wizard emblems for Onatel, so no immediate benefit there, and Sabina was one short of gaining another talent, but the three-star purple hero trainer gave Ameonna a nice little boost in her continuing development. Will she prove worthy of the trap tools when the time comes, or will my recently christened TC20 drop a Rigard for me before then? Only time will tell.

3 Likes

Used 75 gems before final stage :scream:
Used all bombs and axes

So I think since weā€™ve seen several of the harder class quests since v20 rolled out that we can assume, more or less, that carpet bombing is still an effective (if unsustainable) method of completing the final level?

1 Like

It seems so. Itā€™s definitely going to require a tad more item usage in some cases, but it doesnā€™t look like itā€™s going to suddenly be an impossible option.

I managed to take out Balthazar and Ulmer, but couldnā€™t take out Quintus in the last stage. I carpet bombed him too with Arrows, Bombs, and Axes, and still couldnā€™t do it.

I did better this time at least, now that Iā€™ve got Sabina at 3/1. Iā€™ll keep on pushing her in the meantime.

Yes carpet bombing technique still works, hereā€™s the vid sample

2 Likes

Dragon Attacks are the bombiest of the carpet bombing items ā€” you definitely have to do a lot more tile damage without them.

It might be worth getting a Forge up to 16 when you can, if you havenā€™t already, so you can make them yourself.

Thanks zephyr. I have a forge at 20 and the other 2 at 12, fourth one was converted to barracks. I havenā€™t researched anything past Dragon banners though, so Iā€™ll get on that

1 Like