🔵 [Apr 29, 2020] Trials of Survival -- Share & Discuss

It’s time for Trials of Survival!

This is the Fifth of the Trials in the 14th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 4.75 hours earlier at 2:15:00 AM (02:15 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Survival

Reset Token Tracking

=> Reset Emblems Tracking in Trial Quests - Reset Emblem 12.5% chance - Nov - 28 - Yes

:ballot_box: Polls

:question: How did you do last time on Trials of Survival?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

:question: How did you do this time on Trials of Survival?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

:question: Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Survival?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

:question: Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Survival?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Survival

• Trials of Survival is well-named for its general lack of healers in the Barbarian and Rogue Classes — how did you do without healers?

• Or are you lucky enough to own Brynhild or Puss in Boots?

• The Barbarian and Rogue Classes have a lot of heavy hitters — are you able to put together a strong offensive team?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?
  • Have Costumes caused changes to your team?
  • Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?
  • What items did you use, if any?
  • What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?
  • If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?
  • Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Survival occurred:

Click for List of threads for previous Trials of Survival Discussions
6 Likes

Team last time

This time brought in maxed Kelile for Azlar.

The battle

Used 1 carpet bomb, 1 healing pot and all minor healing pots, 9 minor mana. Mana were used to speed up Gretel’s recharge, keeping Scarlett, Azlar and Nashgar at bay, but towards the end, Azlar did fire but then of little concern.

Rogue emblems going to Brynhild although weak color but should be ready for a try out in the next trial. Barbarians, reset and trainer saved.

11 Likes

Same team as last time.

TeamPower: 3,754
Peters / Miki / Brynhild / Scarlett / Grimm

I think Grimm has an extra emblem or two on him but nothing major.

5 Likes

Team last time was the following:

This time I tried some faster option with Malosi instead of Azlar, also thought about Sif but left her in the bench for this time:

Result was the same :grin::grin: trainer hero goes to Tyr, emblems to Marjana and barbarian ones to the Gravemaker I’m going to pull on Friday :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Used the 3 healing pots on Grimm, I did need them so that daily POV challenge was ideal.

8 Likes

An easy one, but I used 1 strong healing potion less, than requested by the path of valor, sharks!
Miki only fired his special once at the bosses, then with a strong board they were gone.
Emblems for little John and Scarlett, Trainer for Marjana, she also ate the 3 3* from pov.

7 Likes

Team last time:

Team this time:
Screenshot_20200429-105354

This time, I just rushed into it, didn’t check which items to take. So when I ran out of healing potions I used several time stops to keep the enemies from firing

EDIT:
About the emblems: Not sure yet, probably they will go to Malosi when is he maxed. Rogue emblems I have quite a few in my inventory. Might go to Sif, once she is maxed. The trainer hero will probably go to Malosi, since I have no really important red hero to level atm and not enough roster space to save them.

6 Likes

Trials by Guv - Survival

Last Time

Click to View team used last time
Click for History of Survival by Guv

Guvs Survival History:

Team This Time

I Like 3-2 teams & last time it worked pretty well… so no changes here. Half considered putting Miki in for Alice but…

Other Options
Note - No specific UNCOSTUMED options; Elena, Li Xiu & Tyrum are COSTUMED options.

Click for AMAZING hero roster & planning tool (used to show options)

Made by @GDIBass
Quick Link: Home | HeroPlan.io

Forum Thread Link:
HeroPlan.io - Tool for tracking your profile's progress, sharing it & to Plan your Hero Use for Class Trials, Challenge Events, Wars, Tavern of Legends Titans AND MORE!

Battle

Autoplay sorted out the first couple rounds as usual

Final Battle - Trials of Survival 29th April

Rewards

• Reset Token = YES
  • Barbarian Emblems = 49 / 50 for Gravemaker Node 12
  • Rogue Emblems = 180 / 125 for Alice Node 8
  • Trainer = Fed to Grazul #2 (now 3-47)

11 Likes

Same team

Big fat fail this one, so bad i forgot to take screen shots

All loot in the bank, bring on the next trial please

7 Likes

I swapped Stonecleave in for Little John, so I had:

Grimm +20 / Peters +1 / Domitia / Marjana +8 / Stonecleave +10

I used lots of healing and a couple of antidotes. Stonecleave is nice because he does 350 damage or so per turn with no chance of being hit back.

Barbarian emblems will likely go on to Stonecleave. Rogue to Marjana. Used the trainer on Sumle.

6 Likes

As usual the most challenging trials for me. I think this will change when I finish maxing Malosi but the lack of healer is hurting me as usual.

Last time I Used

Grimm +18
Scarlett +13
Marjana 3/70
Domitia 3/70
Little John 3/60

I replaced LJ with Inari at 2-40 something for the last stage and she dodged so much that it saved my ■■■. Also those minions are great instead of healing.

This time
Grimm +18
Scarlett +13
Marjana 3/70
Domitia 3/70
Inari 3/50

Had to use all my healing pots as I have no healer and ended up using bombs to finish Azlar before he fired off once again while Inari’s special was not active, so more items that I would like but bombs are relatively cheap.

Emblems will go to Malosi when he is maxed and Marj when I get the 2 missing rings.

Trainer went to Inari lol

5 Likes

My team:

Marjana got replaced with Malosi.

Since I don’t have any healers and the board was not favourable, I had to use a few healing potions.
New emblems will go to Azlar and Domitia.

4 Likes

Same team as last time.

• On the bench: Jackals 1 and 2, Gretel, Tony Danza, Miki 3.70, Parasol Li, Cabin Boy, Marjana, Scarlett, Musashi, Fire Captain Elena, Stonecleave
  • Up and coming: Jackal #3 3.29, Dom 2.60, Sif 1.28

Used one of the three potent heals needed for the PoV daily right before the bosses. I got the party started. The tiles lined up well enough to take Azlar down before he could fire. Scarlett went off several times this fight. I used the other two pots, but Grimm’s fate was sealed.

Scarlett and Nash both went down to tiles.

Trainer to JF, emblems to Marjana and the GM hope chest.

7 Likes

Was worried about the lack of healers, but was also determined to limit my use of items.

1. Rogue Li Xiu and Inari: strong against Purple mobs, and my dynamic support duo (Li to stall boss mana, Inari to dodge when they do fire)
  2. Grimm: my only usable Blue for this trial, strong against Red mobs, softens up bosses
  3. Marjana: my only maxed Red 5*
  4. Scarlett: attack debuff helps with survivability, strong tile damage

Wasn’t too bad! Fired of all specials on Azlar as he can’t dodge. Used a dragon attack to make sure Azlar died before firing (his special is a major PITA). Li and Inari’s specials, plus Marj and Scarlett dodging, kept the team alive, supported by a few healing potions, of course. Nashgar went down next, as he also can’t dodge specials. Finished off Scarlett with tiles.

Was pleasantly surprised that I only needed one battle item. If I can finish this without carpet bombing, I’m now confident I can do it for all Trials :slight_smile:

Trainer to Elena, who is fast approaching the 3/60 wall. Go on girl, Marjana needs a Red 5* partner!

Barbarian emblems, saving up as I may ascend Malosi, and my 3* Barbarians (LJ, Grimm, Gormerk) are all decently emblemed (+9 to +13).

Rogue emblems, saving up for another node on Marjana possibly, as she’s on my defense AND offense (unlike Inari who comes out for offense; and Scarlett is already good at +11).

7 Likes

My crew this time:
Gretel +17, Elena 3^70, Sif +15, Scarlett, Grimm

Other options:
Azlar 3^70, Li Xiu, Danzaburo, Danzaburo#2

Used a couple time stops and super mana pots.

Emblems for Sif and Gretel

5 Likes

Few potions used, pretty easy to beat.

7 Likes

My team:

You don’t get a better starting board than this!

Put this one to bed, time to move on to Frostmarch :sunglasses:

11 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Kelile out, Brynhild join,… half healer is welcome to try with this trials.

On Bench

Screenshot at Apr 29 20-13-40

The Battle

Decent start.

Very fast… without notice, but luckly already used 3x Potent Healing for PoV.

The Reward

Emblem both keep inventory,… Trainer also keep, no red project except 2nd Kelile 3.60, Sumitomo 3.60, Gormek 3.60 and Sumle in 2nd tier.
Reset Token keep in stock… :+1:

12 Likes

My team this time:

• Domitia +16
  • Azlar 4^80
  • Gormek +20
  • Little John +20
  • Scarlett 4^70

Compared to last time, Domitia is up 3 talents and Little John is up 2. I do have Brynhild on the bench. She is up to 4^60, and I’m seriously thinking about switching her in for Scarlett next time for the healing and for boosting mana to Azlar and LJ. Hate going to two weak color heroes, though.

Focus of the mob waves was killing them quickly, since I have no healers, but making sure I was still charged for the boss wave. Easier said than done with slow mana heroes, but I had several red tiles, which hit pretty hard with this 3-stack. Had to top off Scarlett with health potions before the bosses. Fired all specials at the bosses, and had both a red and green diamond on the board, which I popped immediately. Should have been in good shape, but I wasn’t able to kill Azlar before he fired, which always makes this far more dicey. Several more health potions, a dragon, and a bomb were required, and a couple of my heroes went down, but I made it.

Barbarian emblems from a previous stage take LJ to +20. (Thanks to @Olmor for the inspiration! Down the def/HP path, he is indeed hearty enough for raiding, tourneys, and war now.) Not enough rogue emblems for Domitia to progress. Trainer hero to Marjana.

7 Likes