🔵 [Apr 22, 2020] Trials of Mysticism Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

I have 2 or 3 more Proteus, I plan to get them to max when I can - right now I have 2x Sartana, Domitia, Quintus (also his costume) and 3 more Rigard to do… so for now at least, 2 Proteus (Proti?) will suffice lol.

3 Likes

yeah, totally agree. I would max 6 Proteus for wars if I could, but for tough bosses, 2x is enough :wink:

and again, this makes me appreciate how lucky I am to have gotten Proty!

4 Likes

My Team This Time

My Team This Time

No change… Proteus is +19 and 2nd Proteus is +7.
(All wizard team)

On Bench

Screenshot at Apr 22 19-37-40

The Battle

Great start, no item used so far.

Very easy with double Proteus… all bosses does not gain mana at all, and have great board.
No item used. :+1:

The Reward

Emblem sorcerer, Ursena need more emblem to node 12, but I think I will keep stock for now, maybe later for Almur :grinning: :laughing:
Emblem Wizard for 2nd Proteus.
Trainer goes to… Ceshire Cat.

8 Likes

My team this time, only change is Norns instead of Merlin. Any class quest that includes Proteus is easy mode.

Wizard emblems to Proteus and Sorc to Natalya. Hey, I’m training Cheshire right now, too! @jinbatsu

4 Likes

Same team

Started to apply items from mob waves
Awful boards…:slightly_frowning_face: do slashes from those bosses appeared too strong?..
image image
Used all mana potions and then two Axes to safe the WE.
Hel needs to go up some nodes, both wizard and Sorcerers emblems are highly demanded, particularly the wizards…trainer saved

7 Likes

Same team as last time.

On the bench: Natalya 3.70, Ameonna, C Cat, Sartana, Victor, Gandalf, Onatel 2 3.70, Proteus 1 and 2, Merlin, Kiril

Got to the bosses with everyone ready. The boards weren’t quite as favorable as last time, but they were still quite kind. Onatel and Mitsuko kept any specials from firing.

A massive yellow tile drop did most of the damage to Balt, and Onatel finished him. Ulmer died to tiles soon thereafter, and then Onatel sent Quintus back to his lab.

Trainer to Killhare, emblems to Onatel and Mitsuko. (Yes, that means I am taking both to 20.)

8 Likes

My team this time:

• Onatel +7
  • Sabina + 20
  • Kiril +20
  • Proteus +4
  • Skittleskull +3

Compared to last time, Skittleskull has started receiving emblems, and is up to +3. Also, I maxed Proteus, started giving him emblems, and swapped him in for Ameonna +19. I love ghost girl’s thermonuclear tile damage, but Proteus is Proteus.

Am I even allowed to complain when I can field both Proteus and Onatel for wizard trials? A little? OK. The lack of damage dealers really makes the mob waves annoyingly long on this trial. Next time, I need to be more liberal in my use of specials, I guess, but I always worry about not getting them recharged in time. Also, I did need to heal Proteus (with Sabina/Kiril) a time or two during the mob waves, so pausing the emblems for Onatel to beef him up seems like the right call.

Entered the boss wave with all specials charged. Fired Proteus, but held Onatel. During the entire fight, one or the other had their mana debuff active, but because Onatel’s is not a full block, each boss fired exactly once. Kiril reversed Ulmer easily, and everyone basically laughed off Quintus, but Balthazar (who was the first to fire) fried Skittleskull, which was a bummer. I’m going attack with her emblem path - actually, probably attack on the cleric side, as I’ll be leveling her costume soon - so that won’t really help her durability much. She is what she is. Still, with this lineup, there can be no doubt that I won the fight, but it cost me a few health potions.

Emblems take Proteus to +5; Skittleskull falls a couple short of her next talent. Trainer hero goes to Dapper Noble Rigard.

5 Likes

My team:

The board was pretty bad with no combos so I used 8 health potions so as to keep my heroes alive.

Emblems will go to Hel and Quintus.

8 Likes

First time trying all 3 levels of this trial! Got lucky and pulled a dup isarnia last night from TC20 so this is the first time I’ve had 5 heroes to use for this one :rofl:

I power leveled Isarnia 2 to 1.30 before trying. Finished this with about 2600TP, lots of small mana, a few bombs and time stops. The first mob was the hardest part!

9 Likes

Wow I wasnt even going to attempt the last stage but this gave me hope.

6 Likes

Kiril+18 - Sartana - Anzogh+7 - Proteus+18 - Sabina+19

5 Likes

Sartana +8 / Merlin / Sabina +20 / Jean-François / Kiril +11

This went reasonably well. I did use 5 dragons, 5 mana, 5 heals.

I’m thinking about using a few emblems on JF. Sorcerer banked, as I have nearly no sorcerers. Trainer. Dunno. Working on Tyrum’s costume, which would be a waste of a place to use it… Ammeona is probably the next 4* purple, unless something happens in Valhalla.

5 Likes

lol I had to pull a similar move. Things were looking great:

But then I got lazy, started to play loose and fast, ran out of tiles, and bombed my way out at the end lol. Only Viv was left for me :man_shrugging: whatever!

Team:

11 Likes

Did you do it??

20inquiringminds

1 Like

Kiril, Guinevere, Sabina, Proteus, Skittleskull. No hitters, just healers. Nuked them, gimme the emblems. Next trial please!

8 Likes

Similar to the above poster I went with three healers - Kiril, Hawkmoon, Sabina with Skittles and Proteus. It went very well and I ground the bosses down with the healers keeping my heroes alive. I think I lost Hawkmoon and Proteus near the end but it was quite easy really and I only used two time stops as I recall.

4 Likes

OMG i actually did it!
This was my team:

First time clearing the 3rd stage! This was the one good thing I did in this game today. Bombed out of the VF Tournament this morning with 3 straight losses with 1 enemy hero standing each time, almost ran out of recruits for my TC’s, ■■■ boards on titan hits, ■■■ boards on war hits, but finally this!

12 Likes

yup… you’re right @sleepyhead

with 2 proteus, it’s easy to win. and the two proteus take turns controlling mana. recharge, controlling mana again and the boss never fired.

4 Likes

Team last time

Same team again this time. Spent quite a few item due to bad boards, but that’s why I bring em. They picked on Proteus like he was the only hero I was fighting with. Still, finished it with everyone intact.

Emblems saved for now, trainer to Jabberwock, bringing him to 3/40.

7 Likes

This is one of the easier trials for me. This time I took Sartana-Proteus-Anzogh-JF-Kiril. No worries. Used a few items. Trainer hero goes to Killhare. :grin:

7 Likes