[Apr 17, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Decimation Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

These are really my best trials. And most desired. 2 of my core all-use heroes belong to these groups.

Kiril 4.70 - Magni 4.80 + 4 - Zeline 4.80 + 3 - Boldtusk 4.70 - Proteus 4.70

No nukes needed. Couple minor heals to ensure survival of Kiril at one point. No other challenges.

1 Like

I didn’t use any items. Surprisingly the bosses didn’t do much damage with their specials. Boldtusk’s healing easily kept pace!

2 Likes

Last level: I tried with this team and items, and lost, Ulmer and Tyrum had both 1/5th health left. Used all the items. I want to try again, This is the best possible team I can make heroes wise. Anyone have any suggestions in change of items? I have basically any items at disposal. Thanks :slight_smile:

I would bring some attack items like Bomb Attacks instead of the Minor Mana potions.

1 Like

Since you already have three healers in your team, I would go with attacking items such as dragons, bombs etc. I would keep time stops to avoid the special attacks from bosses.

1 Like

Valens poison melted me down, but Proteus survied and made it.

Kiril 3.50
Kash 3.40
Proteus 4.70+8
Boldie 4.40
Colen 3.40

Trial with lowest item consumption for me.

2 Likes

Boldtusk+7-Lancelot (3/60)-Sartana+2-Hu Tao(3/60)-Kiril. Was a little harder I think…? I used Kashrek instead of Lance last time and probably should’ve this time too cuz he’s too hard to keep alive but I should have him maxed for the next one so that’ll help. Plus I should’ve put Kiril on the other side of him-I was still half asleep lol. Gotta say, Lance’s mana + buff is nice to have. Anyway used 2 Dragons, 3 bombs, 2 big mana pots and a few minor mana for Kiril. More items than I’d like but not too bad.

Boldtusk is now +9 and Sartana just needs a couple more emblems to be +3.

1 Like

Eventually, this is going to be one of my favorite trials, because it features both the king and queen of my roster - Poseidon and Onatel. But today is not that day, because my Poseidon is still a guppy! Additionally, my bench of fighters and wizards is pathetic; Boldtusk and Kiril are among my most wanted heroes (along with Rigard, which is obviously irrelevant to this trial).

Last time, my team was:

• Onatel 3^70
  • Gato 3^50
  • Valen 3^50+11
  • Ulmer 2^22
  • Renfeld 1^17

(I mentioned my bench in these classes is terrible, right?)

This time, I went with:

• Onatel 3^70
  • Gato 3^50
  • Valen 3+50+14
  • Ulmer 3^50
  • Poseidon 1^40

So basically, a little leveling, plus giving my baby Poseidon some work since drawing him last month. (Bonus: Having another fighter option let me feed Renfeld to Ameonna!) Literally my only other option for this trial is a Balthazar 1^12. The advantage I do have is that my team is 3 blue / 2 yellow, which is perfect for red / purple mob waves. Because of this, and some relatively favorable boards, I rarely had to use anyone’s special during the mob waves, allowing me to unload immediately on Elena in both of the first two stages. (Can’t have that reflect damage going off with no dispeller!) Turned out not to be an issue. With three fast mana heroes and Onatel for enemy mana control, none of the bosses actually fired anyway.

If my heroes were sturdier, I might attempt the last stage, but I don’t think anyone but Onatel would be guaranteed to get there alive, and it isn’t worth it to me to burn through the items necessary to try when I’d just get a few more fighter emblems to spend on Valen and some more wizard emblems to throw in the pile for when I max Onatel.

1 Like

Wizards and Fighters?!!? I think this is towards the top of the trails list for everyone’s favorite pairings.

1 Like

My team consisted of: Kiril, Boldtusk, Colen, Onatel and Hu Tao. Used only healing potion, mana potion and antidotes

1 Like

I’m impressed at what some of the teams were able to accomplish without needing many items. I felt very confident with my team and got close but needed to use all 5 bombs and 1 dragon attack when it started to go downhill. I killed Tyrum and almost got through Balthazar but Ulmer was still at like 40%.

Maybe when Merlin is finally maxed it will feel that much easier. My team:

2 Likes

This quest is totally broken for me (and i guess many others).
Wizard and fighters are very common, many powerful heroes and popular healers to pick for your team.

I prefered to use the last one.

1 Like

Team power 3345, 8 health potions, 2 small mana, 2 dragon attack, 1 bomb attack, beat it first time.

2 Likes

Witty banter between Ulmer and Balthazar, their bickering at one another reminded me of this timeless skit used during boy scout summer camps at campfires.

Ulmer: Me Tarzan!
Balthazar: No! Me Tarzan!
Ulmer: No!!! Me Tarzan!
Balthazar: No!!! Me Tarzan!
Oberon: Heeeyyy, you two, I am Jane…!
Ulmer / Balthazar: ………
Ulmer: points to Balthazar You Tarzan!
Balthazar: points to Ulmer No! You Tarzan!

4 Likes

Made a last minute power move lol.

Forgot i had Magni somewhere that was in line still waiting his turn to get lvled :zipper_mouth_face:
So i asceded Magni once and took Bold from 28 to 39, that was a lot of work.
Didnt want to use many items, mob levels were easy with 2 healers and Hu which made them miss a lot [i dont know why everybody’s hating on this guy :rofl: ]. But the board got uglier by the boss lvl so i had to use 3 dragon attacks, 2 axes, 3 bombs and the ten small mana potions. The other axe was used in the first mob lvl so it would give me some space to charge my heroes and a good start.

Peace.

ps: teampower 3004 lol

2 Likes

My team last time. Don’t know emblem level:

My team this time. Tusky and Merlin went up a class tier between the second and third stage.

A bit surprised at how effective a 3/11-15 Panther was. If I had brought actual battle items instead of the carpet bombs, I probably could’ve done it just fine. Still didn’t have to use that much to finish it. I’m looking forward to the next time this rolls around and my Panther is all grown up.

1 Like

Congrats on making it through!

1 Like

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The biggest change was swapping 3-60 Colen out for my second maxed Proteus.

Kiril also went to max, and Proteus Prime and Boldtusk each stepped up 3 Nodes.

I also leveled some troops a bit.

The Battle

The first two Stages were a breeze.

The third Stage went well too.

For the first half or so of the Battle, I managed to keep one Proteus charged all the time, so I could continually freeze the Bosses. Coupled with the double healers of Boldtusk and Kiril, it was looking for a while like I might make it through without using any items at all.

Eventually as the battle wore on, I had trouble keeping either Proteus charged up, so I used antidotes each time Ulmer or Oberon fired — ultimately 3 in total.

I also used 5 minor mana to top up Proteus or a healer when needed along the way, and I used up my minor healing to offset slash attacks and the Bosses wearing me down a bit.

Eventually Hu Tao died, but otherwise everyone made it through with nearly full health.

Despite needing some minor pots, this one was light on items for me — no heavy/high cost items needed.

I don’t really foresee anything I’d change for next time. Hu Tao is great for the blind, as are the doubles of Proteus and healing. My only other reasonable option would be a second maxed Boldtusk in place of Hu Tao, but I don’t think that would be an improvement.

Was It Harder?

It seemed a bit harder to me.

I may just not remember well, but I felt like the Boss slash attacks were pretty fierce this time.

It didn’t ultimately matter a ton, but I thought it seemed different at least.

Shiny New Emblems

For where Proteus and Boldtusk are in leveling, the Emblems from the Trials weren’t enough for another Node for either.

On the plus side, I got the :one: last Emblem I needed for Proteus later in the day, so he was able to step up to +10.

Ghosts Get Hungry Too

Ameonna enjoyed the snack, and I enjoyed the boost getting her farther along.

She’s destined for my holy titan team when she’s ready!

3 Likes

I completed all three stages with this team:

Items used: 2 Mana Potion, 2 Healing Potions (225hp), 5 axes, 5 bombs

Changes since last time:

• Colen is now up to 6 on the talent grid (was 2 last time)
  • Lancelot up to 4-63 (from 3-40 last time)
  • 3-60 Proteus bumped 3-50 Valen off this roster
1 Like