🔵 [Apr 12, 2020] Trials of Justice Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

My team this time:

• Thorne 4^80
  • Wilbur +20
  • Li Xiu +20
  • Chef Boldtusk +20
  • Cyprian +13

I said last time that I needed to shake up my team, because the one I used didn’t work very well. Didn’t know then that I would be blessed with Chef Boldtusk, who I immediately maxed. I swapped out Sonya for him, since I wondered whether dispelling the enemy spirit link part of Wilbur’s special was actually a bad idea. Also didn’t feel particularly good about Leo’s performance last time, so I tagged Li Xiu back in. I went attack path with her emblems, so her tile damage is significantly better than his. Finally, Wilbur is up 6 talents and Cyprian is up 5 compared to last time. Shakeup indeed.

Tough to tell how much of my improved performance was due to really good boards (which I had) and how much was due to having a better team (which I also had). Regardless, this went WAY better than last time. I really expected to be tapping Chef Boldtusk’s heal a lot more often during the mob waves, but it was only necessary once. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged, and yellow and blue diamonds on the board, which was pretty sweet. Incredible how much of a beating these bosses can take, though. Thorne’s special with defense down, riposting Joon’s special… just seemed like nothing made too big a dent. Still, I got a steady diet of on-color tiles and was able to keep the passive specials up consistently. Next thing I know, I’m blasting Joon and Justice both into oblivion with tiles. Richard managed to kill Thorne, but blew himself up on riposte in the process. Holy cow! Did I really not use any items this time? I really didn’t; not even a healing potion. Pleased as punch to have added Chef Boldtusk and Wilbur to my monk stable.

Paladin emblems take Cyprian up a node. Wilbur got his last node on a previous stage, so monk emblems go into storage for Wu Kong, I guess. It’s between him and beefing up Bane again. Trainer hero to Vivica.

3 Likes