Troop Rarities Allowed
:snowflake: :leaves: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Fire/Red
:four: :star:
or lower
:three: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Bloody Battle

Healing, revival, and similar effects have no effect!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: 🏅 [Sep 1, 2019] 20th Raid Tournament! — 4* Bloody Battle, No Fire/Red

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

1 Like

Tournament de Guv

Should this rule stick & follow the pattern we should see a return of Tournament 20 which was a 4* Bloody Battle, No Reds.

That time round I set this defence:
this ended with A grade on every day.

This time round I’ll probably use most of the same:

3 Likes

My defense for this particular tournament is not great because among 4*-s I have a lot of emblems on healers and the red team that I use for events.

4 Likes

Probably time 4 Bloody Buddy :wink:

4 Likes

I will set up this defense:

Edit: perhaps switch peters and proteus?

3 Likes

Sadly, I don’t have Buddy. Among my Greens, the most suitable tank would be… ?

Maybe LJ? How’s the collective wisdom on using a slow Green tank? He’s not super-sturdy, but at +11…

Otherwise could also go for Li…

I was thinking a solid tank plus 4 (mostly) fast hitters (to take advantage of lack of healing), but really open to suggestions.

thinking of this initial option:

Li because she’s my best 4* tank, IMO (faster than LJ!). Tibs for opposing colors… Jack at flank because if he goes off, at least he hits everybody (unlike Caed). Triton’s heal boost is useless, but he hits harder than Sonya, Valeria or Chao (my other fast eligible 4*s).

and other candidates…

Kiril and costumed Mel are only here for the defense/attack buffs. I left out Sabina and Rigard because their dispel/cleanse is not quite as useful, and I don’t have Rigard’s costume either. Also left out Wu Kong (I don’t think he will be very useful on defense?) and Hu Tao (too slow for this)

2 Likes

I will go like that, boril never disapointed me.

3 Likes

I will go for that one. You should change Tibs and Jack for more damage…Anyway Jack is probably going off earlier than Tibs…just in case.

Though John shines even in rush attack he never let me down either. When the board is bad his special is great. -64% biggest slow down in the game. I know Buddy is a superb tank,too.

€dit: Changed Buddy and LJ. Buddys defensive stats are really somewhat higher…even at +1.

5 Likes

Maybe i’ll go with this…not sure about Merlin…maybe Grimm? Proto? Thoughts?

3 Likes

Don’t like Merlin or Proteus on defense. Too random whom they are hitting. Even Merlin and Hansel overwrite each other.
I would go for Grimm definitely…or Tiburtus as I would avoid bringing blues if possible…since green will be a major attacking color.

If Grimm has more emblems, go for Grimm.

2 Likes

Thanks! appreciate the input. LJ can definitely punish a bad board… and I agree, the difference between him and Li isn’t THAT great…

I think this new defense could be REALLY annoying…

4 Likes

Nice thinking…I have Grimm on +11ish…probably can put some on Tibs…will check…
Thanks

2 Likes

This maybe…

Any suggestions welcome.

My Roster

No point to have Melandor in, no healing and resurrection…

1 Like

As @sleepyhead posted further up, his costume version doesn’t heal. Dispel buffs still works?

I do have a few other high end options and will continue to play around with the line-up during the day.

1 Like

4.70, if we’re being persnickety about it :wink:

Looks good, and I could set exactly the same myself… :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I also probably wouldn’t bother with Mel; yes the dispell & defence buff still apply but you’re losing a chunk of his skill…

I also would tank Boril over Caedmon, he’s just not really sturdy…?

1 Like

Yeah, was from a previous sheet… Got a more current & nice version now but the old ones are in that format :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Going with this.

Might switch out Sonya for Tibs though, considering there will very likely be a lot of greens on offense.

2 Likes