Appeasing the SGG Hero Academy Gods

I also have made commensurable sacrifices to the HA Gods, to hopefully bring about the appearance of Hero Academy into reality for others.

To date I have sacrificed:
  • 3x Elena
  • 4x Lianna
  • 4x Horghall
  • 2x Anzogh
  • 3x Neith
  • 2x Kingston
  • 8x Elkanen
  • 4x Leonidas
  • 3x Justice
  • 2x Margaret
  • 2x Khagan
  • 3x Quintus
  • 2x Isarnia
  • 2x Thorne

There have also been innumerable 4* hero sacrifices made (many many many vanilla ones) and a multitude of 3* hero sacrifices…

I hope only that their sacrifice appeases the HA gods, that they may reveal themselves & their nature in fullness.

8 Likes

Ouch, that list almost made me cry. 6 heroes on it I’d like as part of my collection sacrificed to the silent HA gods

7 Likes

no sacrificing of the animals please, I am sure the HA gods do not like that. stick to plants and the occasional humanoid

1 Like

Oh I got at least 2 copies still of all of them; 3 in a number of cases where the hero is really good…

Don’t weep too much for me

1 Like

Will do my only 10 pull on pirates tomorrow and probably will get another 10 sacrifices. So I hope the SG Gods will appreciate that and pulling won’t be for nothing this or another way.

3 Likes

I have 5 Elkanen, they are the only 5* Nature I have… should I sacrifice 4 of them to help @voidstrike?

2 Likes

Good idea @yelnats_24

If i sacrifice all my Little John’s at the same time as your Elks, will that make a special elemental sacrifice that might open up TC21 - old Green HOTM??? :joy:

6 Likes

Anything for a chance at Zeline & Alby right?

4 Likes

You are a cold blooded murder!

All the other sacrifices: ok!

6 Likes
Summary

I still have 3 more of him… and 3x copies of Lianna to boot… Don’t think I need anymore Green Snipers

(Yes I did do a fair number of pulls in Kingston’s month)

5 Likes

I obviously sacrificed that Tree to appease the Forest God, marvelous Telluria!

It was a feast!

2 Likes

I can also sacrifice 3 Domitia, 2 Sartana, 1 Thoth, and 1 Joon, all of them are dupes…

There are 6 Dark 5*, maybe I can get Hel?

2 Likes

I know, I know… still: murderer!

What can I do? I think Seshats, Kingstons etc shouldn’t be sacrificed no matter what.

2 Likes

There needs to be an Elemental Sacrifice instead of an Elemental Summon Portal :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

you sacrificed a horghall and were granted a telluria? for real?

1 Like

No, that would provide some level of logic and equitable exchange. No she just fed a Horghall to a Telluria she already received already

1 Like

I had a row of horghalls lined up at the altar… but I am bringing them back to their storage shed now… with no sunlight.

3 Likes

I still haven’t sacrificed any 5* heroes (yet) but I’m getting close. Thanks @Guvnor for covering me.

OTOH, I have to acknowledge that the hero academy is a very hard thing for SG to balance correctly, considering the following:

• It is supposed to benefit free players, which I interpret as giving them more chance for getting a HOTM than they had before (90% likely) or possibly some chance at other non-TC20 heroes like Atlantis, Valhalla, events, etc.
  • Whales usually have a at least as many if not more unleveled 5*s stored up than free players, and even if they don’t, they will be getting new ones faster.
  • Giving whales a cheaper way to get HOTM/etc. than they had prior to the hero academy will hurt SG’s business model.

Think about it … how do you give free players an extra shot at HOTM without cutting down on what whales spend to get the current one every month?

I’m honestly hoping they find a way to balance the hero academy better than they did with the alchemy lab, which is marginally useful or effectively useless for most players, and if it takes them a while … I can live with that.

8 Likes

I have sacrificed so many 5s I have lost count. I got rid of 3 JF last month. Any season 1 5-star gets eaten immediately.

I have bought all the extra spots I am going to buy (Im at 269). S3 has left me with barely enough room to collect feeders.

There is no way for me to collect more heroes without loosing everything I paid for so it looks like I will be FTP very soon.

3 Likes

solid logic Barry.

The solution could be to:

a) focus on monetizing heavy spenders via releasing more sales offerings for ascension materials and emblems.
–This makes sense anyway considering most people (including long term budget players) reach a point where they never have enough materials or emblems for their full roster.

b) identify heroes that used to be a huge draw but now have high market adoption from heavy spenders (how many heavy spenders do not yet have ursena, gravemaker and panther?) and no longer drive revenue, stick these in the academy

c) introduce higher level titans for top alliances (where heavy spenders are highly concentrated) and new 5* heroes designed for fighting these titans (think very high defense with elemental def down or other debuffs)
— dont stick these heroes in the academy

d) don’t make the hero academy free to use, replace rng with limited time hero offers for set number of gems (e.g. panther would go on sale for a week for x gems and then replaced by Arthur the next week for y gems)

e) require collection and fusing of other heroes to arrive at desired hero (maybe for an ursena you need to blend proteus, elena, quintos and sabine)

f) any other number of infinite solutions- let’s just get the academy into the game!! all of this waiting sucks. the guys at sg are awesome, they can figure it out

5 Likes