Appeal to cup droppers

They raided me twice in a row and again an hour later…

I too have gotten rotten boards, but I was never that obsessed with taking down a specific opponent. I suppose it could’ve been just rotten luck and they figured later it’d be better, but it still made my chest so much harder to fill :/.

Sounds like they used their last two flags on you, then had to wait an hour for it to regen.

No disagreement that having higher cups makes it harder to find beatable opponents.

There is some light at the end of the tunnel for you, though. When my stronghold was below, say, level 16, I was running food poor most of the time, and the food cost of rerolling to find an opponent was an issue.

In the last couple months, as I’ve upgrade my farms and stronghold, I’ve been in food surplus, and the cost of rerolling is pretty much negligible now, even though it is 2000 food per reroll.

Just speaking for me. I‘m a cup dropper. Why? To fill raidchest twice a day.

My teampower is 3400+, I have 8 4/70 4* and I can raid up to 2200/2300 cups but I can‘t reach diamond yet. I rather cupdrop to 1600/1700 over night and when I wake up I can fill my raidchest within 2 hours (8 wins). Then on the evening I speed the chest for a few gems and fill it again before I go to bed. And repeat and repeat.

Giving me 2 platinum chests a day which is good and accelerates possible rarechests. As soon as I can accomplish diamond I might stop. But this will take several months.

3 Likes

Aside: You are doing the opposite of what @Yoohoo hated, losing and giving him cups; you are getting 8 easy raids, and taking cups back!

I’m about the same as you–I tend to be in the 2100~23xx level, and cannot cross into Diamond, or to do so would probably require me to use a raid flask and 12 raids, not the six I get plus a couple more.

I also already accelerate monster chests to get more elemental chests, ~3/day, so accelerating raid chests sounds attractive.

May I ask how strong your cup-dropping defense team is?

I stopped accelerating monsterchests because loot is beyond garbage and only do the 1-2 gem skips on it. Platinum has better loot and is more worth accelerating in my opinion.

Over night I most often use a team of 3/60. If I drop after I filled the first one I set a joketeam like 5 Trainerheroes. Over the day I can check my cups and swap to 3.4k team when my cups are low enough.

There is a VERY simple solution to this.

Use your A-team to raid, and a terrible low team (mine has 3 unleveled heroes) to cup drop.

While you’re away, other raiders tear through your 1000-power team and lower your cup rate. You raid with your A-team while you have flags and revenge-fight much lower-power teams, making it extremely easy.

Bam. Everybody happy.

5 Likes

Yeah you’re probably right. I guess I’m still just being paranoid after I lost 11k food to a raid once. Been kinda snippy about them since then >_>

I’m looking forward to being able to reroll as much as I want—thanks for that!

That’s a method I can deal with—it’s honest and it gives me a chance to fill my chest too. Actually I’ve been debating recently on dropping cups in this manner because I keep being pushed up into platinum and I can’t sustain it. It takes 12 raids to fill that darn chest and that’s just too many of something I already dislike.

The world we exist in is fueled by power, greed and the lust to have more… It’s a world that’s run by the power to contaminate others.

Keep upgrading your farms (and watchtower).

Up thru ~SH13-14 I was usually food broke, and I always immediately upgraded my mines and farms to the level of my stronghold. Once I got TC13, I started two TCs, a TC11 recruit bank, and a TC13 food bank, and I started to have some excess food getting put into the bank.

I stopped upgrading my farms when some were 15 and others were 16, either at SH16 or SH17, and have had surplus food ever since. When I got TC19, I had a rugged clothes burning party, and probably used 10M surplus food in under 24 hours. Now that I’m getting my important TC, forge, and food storage upgrades done, I’ll probably start upgrading farms again after a long pause.

Awesome! My farms are at level 9 currently and watchtower 11. I was wanting to work on my farms again anyway so now I have an excuse ^_^. My SH is level 15 but i spend some on the game so TC20 can wait a little longer.

What is the driver on raid loses? I thought it was watchtower storage but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

I’m watchtower 17 Stronghold 19 and A team of 3550, defense team of 2650. I’ll get beat up overnight 10 times and see I lost 350 Iron and 700 Hams against all 10. I wake up with a mostly full watchtower. Then I turn around and beat 6 2800-3100 teams and get more like 2000-7000 Iron and 6000-12000 hams from each team? Every once in awhile I see I lost 8000-10000 but rarely.

Why wouldn’t I cup drop with those returns? and easy chest filling.

1 Like

Think I’m going to have to give in and do this.
Lately I’m not getting raided much at all, the few I get are mostly revenges on me and that chest is starting to be a lot of work.

I hope that SG intervenes immediately, you are holding back the normal growth of users and, in the medium term, it will cost them dearly.

I haven’t done it, I’m saying that it’s getting difficult for me to do my daily chest at this point so i’m starting to consider it. I have not flubbed on purpose, but it’s feeling at times like hitting a brick wall. If I spend any serious amount of ham rerolling I am just exacerbating the problem.

As I mentioned here, and in another thread, I have my best defense up and I am not getting raided. In my entire scroll-able history I’ve only been on the receiving end of two non-revenge raids.

The “normal growth of users” who enjoy raiding won’t be affected too much by cup droppers. For those of us who don’t like raiding but want to fill the chest (you know like for those incredibly rare ascention items) cup dropping is the only way to keep from going mental.

It took me ALL DAY to fill ONE stupid chest yesterday. You bet I cup dropped after that. Today I’m going to fill it easily and at the same time give those other players an easy target for their chests.

3 Likes

My inital post was exactly as you describe. :slight_smile:
It would be ‘nice’ of players that are cup dropping leave a team that people who are not are cup dropping still have a chance of winning against.
Today again (I am at 1400 ish cups) and all I find are people to raid with teams of 3100-3400 ish team strenght… That is in low gold :wink:

If you can be so brave as to drop to easy raid, fine by me!
But also consider other people as well and don’t be selfish.

3 Likes

If it takes one day to fill a “single stupid chest”, then maybe you’re just very weak in raids.

I want to learn to pratice boxing.
But when I started, my opponents crushed me.
What is solution ?
Hit old people in the street or 5 years old boys ? Or improve to meet stronger opponents ?
Think about this…

UA better comparison is would be that I’m not interested in horse racing, in fact i rather dislike it, but in order to make money i need to at least finish the race. Instead of taking the wild stallion that might win me the race, i take the well-broke draft horse that’ll help me finish the race without falling off and stressing. I’m not hurting anyone by using my methos of cup dropping, in fact I’m helping those who want to go up in rank by being below my maximum cups.

Edit: i might be poor at raiding, but why should strive to get better at something I don’t like in a GAME? I was consistanly pitted against players with team power 300+ higher than mine. Call it what you may but i think i was doing well all considered

1 Like

No one has mentioned the gem rewards for collecting more food. At some points I have surplus of both resources and at others, not enough. The whole game is well organized in balance in my opinion. Level up the places on your camp like farms when you are short on food, level up food storage when you have too much. When I have too much ham, I sometimes just re-roll on raids to spend the surplus and work towards getting the gems for collection a hundred trillion food quest. lol. Oh, we are talking about cup-dropping. Silly me. I guess I really didn’t have anything significant to add to this thread. :meat_on_bone::beer::joy:

2 Likes