đŸ•” Aouda – S4 Hero – 5* Holy / Yellow Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 4 Hero Released: Aouda!

:bar_chart: Stats

Aouda

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Rogue
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 4 Underwild
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Increased Special Skill Damage
The first time this hero casts special skill that does damage, additional 30% is added to its power.
:hourglass: Ability (if costume is available): Increased Damage Against Boosted Health
After this character casts their Special Skill cast, all allies’ normal attacks and Special Skills deal +70% damage against targets with boosted health for 4 turns .
:dizzy: Special Skill: Blade of Bundelkhand
  • Deals 450% damage to the target.
  • Deals 500 extra damage if the target has boosted health.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• 20% / 24% / 28% / 32% / 36% chance to spawn an Underwild Gem on board when this hero casts Special Skill

Underwild Gem deals 50 damage to a random enemy each turn.

Underwild Gems can only be spawned on a normal shield on board that has the same element as this Hero.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Dec 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no major changes to Phileas Fogg from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Info: đŸ§Ș Early Information on ROUND 1 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Aouda?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Aouda.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly toAouda and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Aouda worth summoning for?

• Would you use Aouda on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Aouda?

• What heroes would you take when facing Aouda as an opponent?

• Would you give Aouda Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Aouda’s special?

• What do you think of Aouda’s character design?

• If you Summoned Aouda and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Aouda and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Aouda when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Aouda, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Aouda (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Aouda), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 4 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Underwild Featured Legendary Hero?

It’s important to remember that Season 4 Underwild Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 4 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 3.3% chance of summoning Aouda (Featured).

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 9 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Aouda by pull 30
  • 28 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Aouda by pull 100
  • 50 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Aouda by pull 300
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Aouda by pull 898
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Aouda by pull 1380

Putting that in Perspective

Gems cost $99.99 US for 10,000. A 30x Summons costs $83.99 US.

• 91 out of every 100 people won’t get Featured Aouda by the 30th pull.

• If 1 Million players each spent $83.99 USD to summon 30 times, 904,687 of those players wouldn’t get Featured Aouda.

• 28 out of every 100 people won’t get Featured Aouda by the 100th pull.

• If 1 Million players each spent $281.97 USD to summon 100 times, 716,133 of those players wouldn’t get Featured Aouda.

• 1 out of every 100 people won’t get Featured Aouda by the 1,380th pull.

• If 1 Million players each each spent $3,863.61 USD to summon 1,380 times, 9,975 of those players wouldn’t get Featured Aouda.

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

6 Likes

Feedback Poll - Aouda (post release)

:question: Is Aouda worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Aouda would be useful to keep & Level?
Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Aouda’s Primary Purpose is?
(I see only a single purpose. If you think of anything else, then let me know, and I can add a poll for this too.

• Immediate Damage Dealer

:question: What do you think of Aouda compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Aouda’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Aouda worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No
 Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Aouda is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Aouda is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

3 Likes

Minor upgrade on C. Joon, nice

1 Like

How does the +30% on first hit work. Does it mean she hits 450+30 = 480%?

Yes, I believe so. I don’t think it increases the conditional +500 damage, as it is a fixed number.

The special skill animation has been made very lazily. Almost an exact replica of Kingston’s. Devs are clearly now just trying to wring as much cash out of the game as possible.

5 Likes

All season 1 and several event heroes share the exact same animation.

Seriously not everything is just “greedy devs”. Using similar animations is fine by me.

14 Likes

I’m just wondering why is her skill ordered like that. As in to deal damage first before dealing fixed damage. If she hits a target with boosted health and it removes the boosted health away, she won’t get the bonus 500 damage. Well that’s how it’s ordered

3 Likes

But yeah, garnet finally has a real counter

2 Likes

Really? I’ll take the C Joon with the bonus blind over Aouda
but that’s just me. She’s still very nice, but the booster health bonus damage is more of a novelty IMO.

4 Likes

Yeah, will still prefer Joon over aouda for stuff like titans and events

And for someone who Kingston constantly evades (me lol) the animation is welcomed and new haha

I wonder how high her attack stat can go w emblems tho. That’ll be the story once we start seeing it.

It’s the same for Phileas Fogg (Odin’s animation, but with a hat and a stick), Morel (Bertila’s animation), Russula (Fenrir’s eyes)
 I guess next heroes will be in the same case. I hope Nemo’s animation won’t be a copy of Captain of diamonds. lol

1 Like

Then it would just be a slash attack at that point.
But it’s just pointless complaining. Animations are too long, animations are non existent or recycled. SG really can’t win

2 Likes

Actually they made a really great job with S3 animations, almost all was really new. S4 is clearyl rushed on many things, not only specials animations, but ennemies, timing of launching of the entire season
 When I pay for something (ok ok, I pay for a chance to pull something, actually), I like to pay for something really well done.

2 Likes

Which is the real reason why I didn’t put almost any money in Season 4 as compared to Season 3 in the past. The story is so bad (15 stages done and I still have no idea what is exactly going on there ??), makes characters lose any drag, the skills are unappealing with all the OP stuff they already created in the past and in many cases refused to fix, the family bonus could be decent if it was thought through and adjusted (many ideas from beta were disregarded; gem could be nice mechanic, but all it is is annoying).

That, and the quick introduction of new events during release of S4. I mean, they could have some downtime between the S3 and S4 and release the new events then. Instead of releasing everything new at once. They may double the offers, double the new hero amounts, but that won’t double peoples budget. It almost looks that they are thinking “ok we earn 1,000,000 USD per each new hero released, so if we release 2 at once we will earn 2,000,000 USD”.

Anyways. Months into S4 with only incidental summons here, Aouda showed up in my roster as a first legendary hero from this portal. I have mixed feelings about her, and the longer I think about it, the less I want to invest in her.

Her % damage is less than C Joon who I also own. Given that C Joon also blinds, that makes Aouda no competition in regular matchups. Ok, statwise she is more lean to the attack, so maybe numbers will be comparable or even slightly higher for emblemmed Aouda. That still won’t convince me to replace the blind.

She won’t take down full hp target on her own if it doesn’t have boosted HP, unconditional dmg is too low. The target she leaves, will not even be crippled anyhow (no -attack, -def, blind etc like what other snipers do nowadays). If the target has HP boosted, she will deal the extra damage - but targets with like 2,000 hp will survive it as well. And again, after the hit, they will not be crippled anyhow; there will still need to be someone to clean after her. There’s only a slight margin where under the right conditions she might be able to take an enemy down with her snipe. But even then, if a HP booster went off, there’s likely few other enemies to worry about now so it’s not like her contribution was gamechanging.

She reminds me a bit of Fenrir, unfortunately, who may have the highest % hit in the game but behind a condition that when met makes the hit unrelevant.

She’s not only relevant just against certain heroes, but she’s also relevant only after they go off. More like an insurance pick than a winning pick. Best way to deal with HP Boosters is to kill lthem before they go off. It’s really just Garnet who is difficult to kill before charging.

Besides, out of 10 rerolls I just did, only 3 of the enemies had HP boosters (1 Garnet, 1 Heimdall, 1 Gullin). If you want to spend 6 darts to have a hero that hits hard ONLY against few specific heroes ONLY if you are not doing too well in the raid and they managed to fire and even if the said hero goes off, the fact they hit hard doesn’t really matter all that much because enemy has like 2000+ hp anyways then
 then Aouda is the choice. Else I really think good old C Joon is far more versatile.

I may end up maxing mine, but only because I already have 11 yellow legendaries maxed and it’s really whatever for me whether I use the new maxed hero all that much or not. For folks with less heroes who happened to pull her
 I’d really hold off.

6 Likes

Ok, we get it CJoon is better for you.

Not every one has CJoon. If you have ‘11’ yellow 5* heroes maxed, you have to be a big spender, which is your prerogative.

Not everyone can do that.

“For folks with less heroes who happened to pull her
 I’d really hold off.”
She is really better than a lot of other snipers and better than many yellow 5*'s.

I disagree with your assessment for people with small rosters.

5 Likes

I too think aouda is way too niche to be worth pulling. But they put in fogg, pretty much an essential titan killer. So it lures those who haven’t got fogg to pull this time round. I also don’t like Elizabeth for some reason, so it’s just for fogg

1 Like

Frankly, probably even regular Joon is more versatile than her for his utility and if you can emblem him. And you can always costume him later if you pull it - it is easier now.

Arguments please. Better than whom exactly, and why? Just few example snipers - Gefjon bypasses minions and deals 500% unconditionally ; C Magni applies -34% defense to 3 ; Alasie applies undispellable -24% mana to 3; C Sartana deals unconditional 532% dmg to target (ok her attack stat sucks but she’s buffier thanks to that); C Lianna - 482% to target unconditionally and -34% mana gen to target
 Ok, all are ‘premium’ snipers, but so is Aouda.

Ofc, if you are full f2p she’s like your first legendary ever and you pulled her randomly, go for it. I just mean you shouldn’t rush it, without considering your other options available at hand, other cards you have maxed already or emblem distribution. She’s not like Gefjon whom I would recommend maxing regardless of anything else. Aouda is awesome hitter under very specific conditions that are not that common to find, and very mediocre outside of those.

3 Likes