Anzogh – New April 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): First Thoughts & Discussion

Ok for Anzogh, the April HotM, we were just testing him at average speed in beta. tl;dr he’s worth the rings but he wouldn’t bump the priority of a Zimkitha, Ares or QoH. He might bump Mitsuko or Natalya.

All of his stats look the same as what we tested. There was a bug in the calculation of his healing. Assuming that is corrected you can expect him to do around 300 pts of damage to each enemy and if all 5 enemies are alive at the time he goes off that should yield 300 pts of healing to each ally. This is w/o buffs or debuffs messing with the damage / healing calculation.

On offense this is problematic because you’re going to do your best to kill at least the tank w/ tile damage. Obviously you would want to juice his damage by combining him with Wilbur and/or Zim/Boldtusk. Anzogh’s place is as a utility hitter in a 3-1-1 / 3-2 / 4-1 stack. I think the 4-1 stack would be the ideal place to put him as the oddball outside of the color stack. If you have a healer within your color stack he can supplement that healing with a moderate splash of damage at average speed. If you lever your color stack with general defense debuffs (Athena / Grimm for blue, Buddy for green, or Tiburtus / Kunchen for purple) that might squeeze 400 points of healing out of Anzogh. When I tested him in a red stack w/ Falcon and Wilbur I figured he could top out at 500 points of healing but I never got him to do so because my stack would almost always kill at least one of the targets before Anzogh fired.

On defense, there’s a half decent chance that his SS will go off for 300 points of damage / healing as I described above. I don’t see him being a must have type of HotM, but compared to where he started from he should now be usable. I’m not going to chase him, but I have a place for him if he falls in my roster accidentally when drawing for Ariel.

19 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: In Game Translations for Foreign Languages - Please add your suggestions

I think he looks cool. My Grimm would like him on the team!

1 Like

Really hyped about anzogh! He would be a great damage healer in my Team! I need someone who can use isarnias spell and goes on range and heals the 20%… this can je really awesome! Wish you all good luck to get one!

1 Like

Works well if you pair him with Wibur.

1 Like

I think he’s a decent tank on defense; but as I have Santa I don’t have that spot open as he’s clearly weaker there.

Anzogh seems reasonable even if he is not blessed in the looks department. I think he hit every branch of the ugly tree on the way down.

I think I’ll pass this month I have some very good 5* red heroes in my wardrobe waiting to be maxed. The Queen of Hearts, 2nd Marjana, Azlar and Elena.

He does reasonable damage and the heal all % is not bad if he fires with a defene debuff more damage more heal. Good defence and reasonable health some emblems would help him beef up.

I’m waiting for the 5* Wu. 9 epic herotokens for some free tries.

I dislike AOE type heroes, especially if they hit everyone the developers must have tweaked down the single target damage.

• On titans it’s the least wanted.
  • On Raids you want to disable the threats, so snipers/manakill is preferable.
  • When riposte is effective you can’t target outside the protected targets, so it’s pretty much a seppuku attempt.

If you don’t kill but just maim everyone a single healer will nix your progress, whereas a kill generally tilts the situation more and more in your direction.

Quintus, Zimkitha, Anzogh, I don’t like them. The lack of an added status affliction (shield debuff, attack debuff, blind) makes them pretty harmless.

On tanking with a damage dealer? Compare him with Gravedigger… Anzogh pales completely.

3 Likes

Zimkitha is great, i will tell mine that you name her in one sentence with Quintus, plasphemia! :innocent:

8 Likes

Jeah i think so too!

I ranked in the tournament, received 3 EHT, used them up and somehow acquired a bonus pull. Third month in a row to yield the HotM. YIPPEE KYR YEA.

POINT - I got Anzgogh.

THINKING - Kunchen, Justice, Frida, Liannna (or Evelyn), And new guy will make me for a formidable opponent.

At 1279, I don’t think he will make for a good tank though, maybe just a wingman, though he does look fierce, doesn’t he?

3 Likes

I didnt even get one of them :smiley: good Job!

1. Gravemaker
  2. Ares
  3. Wilbur
  4. Falcon
  5. Zimkitha
  6. Red Hood
  7. Boldtusk
  8. Marjana
  9. Azlar/Elena
  10. Queen of Hearts
  11. Kestrel
  12. Guardian Kong
  13. Lancelot
  14. Scarlet
  15. Khagan/ANZOGH

This is how much i like him.

12 Likes

Hmmm, looking forward to not seeing Elpis in the raid pool with that line up.

1 Like

Heals allies but not himself? I have gobbler, heals after minnions. Just allies healing himselfs not.

I can already see your central (Justice - Kunchen - Anzogh) formation :stuck_out_tongue:

@emiricol he also heals himself as he is included into the allies like, for example, every other team’s healer.

1 Like

I like Justice for the tank. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Anzogh plays badly with Wilbur. A’s healing is only based on the durect damage—which does NOT count the shared damage under Wilbur’s link. So while Wilbur’s debuff will roughly double the total damage done by Anzogh’s attack, it then reduces the amount the counts for healing.

Turns out his was wrong info I got from an ally. I’ve seen a beta screenshot that clearly shows Anzogh getting full healing benefit from the Wilbur-spread damage. Sorry for the bad inffo.

12 Likes

That’s messed up, It was thinking pair anzogh with Wilbur and falcon, if this doesn’t work I don’t see much use of him

This month we have guardians, will have to get a few of him, hopefully can trade in for Ares at hero academy if that’s how it works.

1 Like