Anzogh – New April 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): First Thoughts & Discussion

Well, maybe it was just a placebo effect or partly due to BT being at 4 33 while Wilbur was maxed. BT’s 48% attack buff is marginally higher than Wilbur’s opponent’s -44% defence buff. I tested on s1 8 - 7 a couple of times and the difference is noticeable.

Yeah, all Anzogh need is buff of at least 50% to 60% healing over the damage dealt rather than the 20% at the moment.
Atm, Anzogh tank is joke. Pre-buff Aegir does slightly better.

I think there’s hope they will do something to make him better. It took them forever, but they made some changes to Thorne and Khagen. Granted those changes weren’t enough. I think they like to see the 5* being used. Nobody wants to spend the mats and time on a hero they will only use for special occasions.

That’s what I’m thinking flanked with Zim the otherside.

I play my Anzogh on offense currently paired with Wilbur and Guardian Falcon. Neg armor, and neg Fire armor stack nicely and allow for higher damage/heals on Anzoghs special. I don’t think he will make my defensive team for the time being though until he out powers my Guardian Falcon.

Kind of funny seperate note, I blew $100.00 this last atlantis summon, gunning for Aerial or Alasie. I usually have decent luck with my pulls (I think mainly because when I do have bad pulls I don’t bash the game; good karma :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). I didn’t get any of the featured heroes, BUT I did get 5 Anzoghs!!! I wish I could gift a couple to people who have extremely bad luck.

@zephyr1 @Garanwyn @Kerridoc has anyone started a voting thread on Permanently gifting heroes to people? Might be a cool/neat idea?

Now back to this thread - Would 2 Anzoghs on a defense team be a good idea, or does anyone see a benefit to stacking them?

2 Likes

Yep:

3 Likes

Thank you @zephyr1 I’ll place my votes!

2 Likes

Lol from all the posts I have read it’s,if I want to use Anzogh I need to another 10 heroes to helping him :slight_smile: and dont understand what it’s the good part of this hero

2 Likes

I think people are just trying to get across the point that he has good synergy in stacks. Some heroes are great stand alones, some aren’t, some heroes become better when paired up, some don’t … both hero types are needed.

2 Likes

Yes but if we need to have another 4 heroes to helping Anzogh this its not funny

I have read through this thread because I got Anzogh and also tried him out.

Yes, you can pair him with Wilbur, that makes sense. But you can pair every damage to all hero with others. Nothing special for damage.

Healing for damage is a nice idea. But again, you need Wilbur, otherwise the heal seems a bit too low. I have Wilbur. :slight_smile:

Elemental defense, well, not sure if this skill is as good as healing. :wink: It makes no sense for attacking and I barely see it for defense. So, what is it good for?

I pulled to get Kunchen, but no luck there. Would have been better for me.

1 Like

I dont have Wilbur,but guys common this is hotm hero he most be good and to discuss here how good is and not to discuss how to make it good.Its not some regular hero from tc20,if its from there ok but it’s not its hero of the month.For me its like Aegir before SG fix it

1 Like

You definately need another 4 heroes to help Anzogh. He can’t win the raid alone…lol

2 Likes

We’ll have to wait until SG buff him but that will probably happened in V30 update…sigh!
Anzogh was my only red so I am going to bring him to 3 70 and see how bad he really is from there.

1 Like

Because we attack with five heroes at a time–not one.

How a hero works combined with others is much more important than how they work in a vacuum. The idea that you could fire some combination of Boldtusk, Falcon, Wilbur, Gormek, Kong, etc all at one time might make the difference between Anzogh dealing massive damage and producing a considerable heal, or being completely ineffective.

For example, Boldtusk’s smaller than other 4*s heal firing before Anzogh, increasing his attack, followed by Anzogh firing might heal your team 700+ HP and give you enough healing + damage that it’d make you pretty hard to beat in a raid on offense.

9 Likes

Thank you.

20 logical explanations

1 Like

Only about 1,5h left and I didn’t get him…*sighing *starts_crying…I didn’t get any Hotm after 8 months of playing…*crying_even_louder

Just kidding :wink: I know its just bad luck…or invest hundreds of €.

1 Like

I met him in a war with arrows buf

I lost…

I completely agree. Anzogh is crap. I hope they fix him soon. Better heals would help. Faster mana generation would help. Damage over time would help. A better resistance would help. Everything about this special hotm is a joke. I have him and I’ll hold on to him in the hopes of an improvement. Otherwise, he’s going to collect dust.

3 Likes

AOE attackers will be part of the new meta with the release of Magaret, Anzogh will shine in defense there where Margaret will relegate all the sniper damage of a defense team nearly useless.