Anzogh is really good with emblems

That’s the thing @AngelOfDark666, some of us don’t spend endlessly to get the best HotM. I personally set a budget and darn do I do my best to stick to it. I’ve gotten lucky with a few HotM but also gotten a few that will remain at 1/1 for a very long time.
I play with what I get. Just like new players play with what they get. Sure taking out TP4500 is a challenge but I like challenges.
My main goal here is to teach my alliance that they CAN do it without breaking the bank. I like to help my players get better and gain confidence. I’m not here to be in the top 10…or even 100, could really care less about trophies (as long as I open my hero chest in diamond :joy:)

5 Likes

I have been playing for 9 months, Anzogh was my 1st red *5 and my 2nd *5 overall, later I got Red Hood, Marjana and Azlar… Once I got 12 rings he got my first 6 rings, and have not regreted at all… Actually I think he could be considered an upgraded version of Red Hood, his special hits harder, and heals your whole team inmediately not HoT by minions like RH, you need minions alive to be healed, only advantage of RH is her minions prevent also mana reduction…

Once he was maxed I gave him some emblems to reach +4, since I wanted to keep enough for taking Proteus to +18 (gladly I could pull Proteus last week)…

I know Anzogh has been very trashed since he was released, but I took him to 3.70 and he has been a game changing for me, with him I beat Ursena in S2 Hard, I have completed last stage of legendary in Avalon, Pirates and Wonderland with no troubles at all (he is only one of my 2 *5 maxed) and have a winning record in riding of about 80% against teams around 4100 to 4300 He has been my tank even when we was at 3.70, but since he is maxed I am now staying at low diamond something good cuz my TP is only 3850 and I have only 2 maxed *5… He probably let the spot for another hero in tank position once I get one more suitable for that, but think that flank is the natural position for him…

Many people could say he is useless based mainly in their roster or play style, and it is something I respect a lot… But unless your roster is as deep as theirs so u can consider several choices I believe that in order you can succeed and enjoy this game u have to follow one simple rule: ‘GO TO WAR WITH THE ARMY YOU HAVE NOT WITH THE ONE YOU WANT’ …at the end I am pretty sure there are no useless or mediocre heroes, but shallow players… you do not need top rated heroes to be competitive or enjoy this game…

And also I have learned after some months, emblems are useful in heroes not in inventory waiting for the right option… emblemed heroes help u to get more emblems, (and resources overall), emblems in inventory dont… .

10 Likes

I just completed my raid chest and unfortunately I met Anzogh only once. Unfortunately only +7. And it is pretty nothing to see. Like usual, he doesn’t get to fire… Before chest, I met another Anzogh, but I deleted the video because I had a super lucky board. I will post only the combats with crappy boards. Just to show you Anzogh doesn’t matter at all for a player like me. I hope next time I will have the occasion to charge him intentionally, to see even when he fires is pretty useless in defense.

2 Likes

I am always nervous when there is a topic about Anzogh since the first time, because I have Anzogh and he is my first HOTM.

In my case, my alliance’s war tank is red, and I have no other choice, besides Boldtusk, Grazul and Marjana.

And I have made my own topic to choose first who needs to ascend those heroes, and whether he will be a tank candidate.

Currently my defense are:

Later after Anzogh has emblemed, it will be changed to:

I think in my case, I do not have choices for better option. And I enjoy what I have.
For offense Anzogh is great, good damage and heals. Specially if stacking with BT-Wilbur-Falcon.

4 Likes

You don’t have other options because of the fighter emblems. Otherwise BT +18 would be a much better tank. I still use him in my wars as tank (on my alt), when I have really tough opponents. And has the best results in my small alliance. My 4350 main defense with GM is defeated more times than my 4200 with BT +18 :smiley: Once, that defense repelled 5 attacks in a row. An emblemed BT has a great def stat and revives a lot. If it happens to fire after a reviving, the opponent is pretty much screwed… His buff and healing as tank, is awesome. But yeah, in your case, you don’t have this luxury, since you have another 2 great fighters and Anzogh is your best option.

3 Likes

I mostly use him in a mono red stack, Wilbur, G. Falcon, BoldTusk, Anzogh, Mitsuko. It goes Boom!! But I have messed around trying to get him to hit as hard as possible. I had alot of success with G. Falcon, Wilbur, Anzogh, Khiona, Mitsuko. Khiona/Spirit link can get Anzogh at +144% and it is amazing. Fun times.

2 Likes

At the end it was . Again. Seshat against the world… And she won. Again…

Anzogh didn’t get to do anything but it doesn’t prove a thing. Here at least. His avrage Mana (every avrage wouldn’t have time in this situation)didn’t ingnite and you attacked the left side

So it was frida and ursuna and from this video that did the heavy lifting and you sure attacked them

Also it looks like albi is a crapy rear and didn’t help team mates… that is what could have iearnt from this video…

1 Like

I like Anzogh a lot. However, you have to pair him with the right heroes. This is my current red mono setup, but in the past I have also used BT and Falcon.

Photo%20Nov%2025%2C%209%2003%2013%20PM

I picked him over GM, Zim, Marj, Nat, Santa, Red Hood and don’t regret it. I decided on him after a war team (that looked weak) I faced almost wiped me out with a Buddy \ Anzogh combo.

1 Like

I was told Anzogh was not worth the mats and never actually tried him out. I’m curious now to try him out - thank you for this discussion. I was blessed with two :woman_shrugging:.

2 Likes

I rarely want to comment about things like this but sometimes I would suggest to be more conservative in your comments about heroes especially the bad part of it.

Not everyone has every super hero in this game. There are good to great heroes and some are lacklustre. I did post somewhere in the past, heroes are judged by most based on their solo ability especially for raid defense.

Saying a hero is bad, is like slapping someone else’s face for making a bad choice.

All heroes can be good and each of them has their merits. Most, if not all heroes can be utilized well during offense where AI does not do stupid things for you.

Anzogh is an all rounder and does really well for a mid level player.

• Average rating on defense (not a killer / semi healer / nothing fearful)
  • Does well on offense when he fires especially when the going gets rough
  • Does shine as an AW wing (healing while dealing damage during war is a bonus)
  • One of the best utility hero going through the map / trials / challenges due to his ability to heal keeping heroes alive longer while dealing some damage
  • Needs other heroes like Wilbur/Gormek/Falcon/BT/Ares to shine

All in all, Anzogh is a solid hero.

For all players, please do bear in mind that hero synchronization is more important than just mana speed. Some veterans do forget how it was when they started playing and having a smaller roster. Please be more creative in your mindsets when creating offensive and defensive lineups.

For a master like @Rigs, Anzogh will not be very helpful but for a new to mid level player, he is wonderful to help get past tough/hard maps similar to Cyprian / Boril.

11 Likes

I’m not a “master”

smarta** lol

If it wasnt for a lucky pull of grazul, i would have used anzogh more to see if i wanted to give him rings but i could tell i would have a better use for grazul. I have an anzoghish type 5* already and his name is aegir. Getting grazul let me max her and aegir instead of anzogh.

You’re right that I’m at the point i can be pretty selective on my 5s but i always have been. With emblems now, it really doesnt make a ton of sense for anyone to max a 5* they find lackluster like how the op feels about anzogh regardless of anyone else’s reviews, we’re not the ones that have to use the hero once he maxes it.

All i can say, is to each their own. Some people find a use in a hero that fills a void for them, some people don’t find that use for the same hero, it is what is.

I like margaret, many hate her. I like inari, many hate her. I maxed ranvir, tarlak, and miki, some people think i only should have maxed miki. But it’s not their decks & mats, i have goals in mind, i max heroes i think will help me reach those goals. Just a game, have fun with it.

8 Likes

Just gotta drag you into this. :rofl:

I like Margaret alot too as she is in my mono green at +6.
Many just don’t really know how to use her or having the heroes to pair her with.

2 Likes

Also, my Alliance has a private chart that ranks tanks strictly by hard numbers. For red tanks (with maxed talents), the top red tank scores a 76. Anzogh scores a 69.5. BT scores at 49.5 which is still lower than the lowest 5* at 53.

Does it take emblems and costumes into account?

Not costumes. That hasn’t been factored in yet. “Maxed Talents” actually only means “maxed to what is relative to tanking” so some classes do not go to 20. Also, classes like fighters\rogues get a higher multiplier than other classes.

Take a +20 boldtusk that went all defense and health as much as possible, then add 5% to each of those stats and see how he stacks up in either costume/non costume, i would think that would increase his score to at least on par with the lowest scoring 5* red tank(curious who it is btw)

1 Like

Elena was the lowest, but she should go up with costume. Im sure BT with costume would go up, but not enough to overtake Anzogh.

1 Like

That’s expected i guess

FYI - critical chance doesn’t affect special skills.

See here, for example: Can someone explain what critical means

3 Likes

interesting… I have already posted public ranks tanks without points, only number (order from top to bottom), here is the topics Tank for War on each color, I’m glad if you can contribute there, thanks.