Anzogh any good?

They’re very different kinds of heroes. Looking at defense and health:

G. Kong: 580/1421
Anzogh: 793/1279

Anzogh is a lot sturdier pre-troops, and the defense bonus for defenders really magnifies his sturdiness.

A big part of why G. Kong is so undesirable is because of how easy he is to kill…

3 Likes

Sadly i’m afraid they are much more similar that what you think.
They both miss the “wow” factor in their specials.

Guardian Kong in theory is a better version of Azlar. Similar attack, similar % special, better speed.

The only thing he miss is a good secondary effect (which elemental defence is not). For all the rest, you can love him as much as people love the lion.
And people do love the lion. But that DoT makes all the difference.

Anzogh sure can survive more, but his special doesn’t scare anyone and his stats are not nearly enough to make him a good tank. And he is in wizard class, with nearly 0 chance to get emblems with the other monsters around there.

Not a great tank.
Not a great offender.
Not a great healer.
Not a great hero, i’m sorry.

3 Likes

They’re really not similar at all, despite what you seem to think.

Elemental defense for a non-tank is practically worthless. No one with reasonable options would tank a glass cannon like G. Kong. So his secondary is badly misdesigned for his role.

Anzogh, on the other hand, is sturdy enough to tank. You say his stats don’t make him “nearly good enough to tank.” On what basis?

He is literally sturdier than Guin when on defense, and is likewise average mana. His special is way less useful than Guin’s. But so is just about every other tank special in the game.

So his elemental defense has a practical application for those who want to use him in that role, and is likely to meaningfully prolong the fight if he fires.

A group heal of 300-400 damage per hero is also a very useful secondary effect. Having a bunch of damage erased at the same time as you get hit for 25%-33% of your health is annoying in the extreme. It makes it incrementally harder to kill fast snipers. And in War defenses with attack boost, he’s probably very nasty.

He is likely a decent flank due to his heal. I’ve seen few instances of him in that role in beta since he became average mana, so it’s harder to do more than theorize. As a slow flank, he was kind of worthless.

If you try to use Anzogh like you’d use Azlar or G. Kong, of course he’s going to be a disappointment. It’s best to judge heroes based on their target roles, though, not just on offensive stat line and role-independent assessment of secondary effects.

10 Likes

He were already a good hero, now it is great.
Average, high defense and attack, heals on AoE damage and put a undispellable ice shield.

He isn’t Gravemaker, he isn’t Santa Claus, he isn’t Ares but he will still be the go-to-pull tank for middle alliances war’s. He doesn’t deals low damage forwhat he does and the average speeds makes him very yummy.

4 Likes

Hi, remember what ppl were saying before GM got released? We’ll see.

1 Like

Gravemaker… peoples were underestimating him a bit too much…

2 Likes

This right here is exhibit A for why I try not to argue with you too often about heroes :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Would Anzogh heal stack with Aegir heal or be a conflict with it?

Anzogh’s heal is an immediate effect of his special skill, not a status effect. So it works like any other healer does, and won’t conflict with Aegir’s healing.

2 Likes

I tried to warn you, there’s nothing else i can do.
If you like him, so be it.
Next time i’ll be sure to keep my opinion for myself.

It seems nothing good comes for trying to help :slightly_smiling_face:

Anzogh is not bad but not great either from what I see.

Breakdown his skills 1 by 1 (excluding troops):

• hit all @ 205% on 698 damage (not bad)
  • heals 20% of damage dealt to all allies (good skill - almost BT like heal or super Elk)
  • enemies get no critical hit (this is actually the most important skill - raises the survivability of the team considerably)
  • ice elemental defense of 42% for 4 turns (good skill to have since enemies usually stack against the tank irregardless what other color heroes you have on your team)

Anzogh makes a solid tank for sure. Does not punish a bad board much.
Great time staller, so be sure to team him up with good hitters and keep a good cleanse hero with him like Zim or Rigard.

The bad:

• no cleanse
  • no attack/defense buffs
  • not a game changer
5 Likes

i prefer use BT + Emblem as Tank than this hero , Slow hero without turn-table skill = benched. he will join forgotten club as Mork-Ark , Thorn etc

better spend your ring for Azlar

He is not slow anymore in beta, he is average (it’s been mentionned in this discussion a few hours ago).

3 Likes

If he’s average like has been said here then I’m much more likely to want him as a red tank to go with my high damage dealing snipers (Kage and Lianna) and his heal would go well with Vivica and Aegir to help keep the team alive. I’m thinking Kage, Vivica, Anzogh, Aegir, Lianna… or should I place Zim in there in place of one of those?.. I also have Khagan and was thinking about pushing him until I realized this new HOTM is red.

With Zimkitha and Aegir I would leave Vivica at home…

6 Likes

yep, also have khagan, my only red 5* sitting at 3.70 and he is actually quite nice with the recent buff. if anzogh will be average mana, i think he might actually be a better option than khan. and he would be good to complete my first 5* rainbow team as a proper tank. that is, if we manage to pull him with the odds and all.

i mean, i don’t even get how he was slow in the first place? with all the super-amazing, super-fast heroes around, slow ones should really pack a much bigger punch to be competitive. devs should either buff slow heroes or reserve them for really powerful effects, like mn and alby.

if he is really average , he would be first prio in my red next month , would be *5 version of bt with damage and debuff

As I mentioned above, he’s Average in the latest beta build.

1 Like

Apologies if this is common knowledge - what is the base % chance for critical hit, prior to troop bonuses?

He was recently adjusted based on card I saw.
° mana speed is AVERAGE now
° hit all @ 215% (increased)
° heals 20% of damage dealt (same as before)
° No critical hit defense
° element link gives all fire allies 46% defense against ice for 4 turns (same as before)

@AirHawk

2 Likes