:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 752 854 1378
4/90 861 977 1577
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2019
Image Aether Power Description
special-boost Special Boost At the start of each turn, this Hero’s Special Skill deals an additional +30% damage for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:no_entry_sign: Resists: The hero has an innate ability to resist status ailments that affect Mana Generation. Doesn’t apply to status ailments that stop mana generation or steal mana.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Flaming Grudge
  • Deals 250% damage to all enemies.
  • Heals each ally with 30% of total damage dealt.
  • Element Link gives all Fire allies +46% defense against Ice for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2019 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% attack.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

July 2023

:boom: Summons Availability :boom:
Or: Where can I get this Hero From?
Past HotM are available from a number of locations depending on their age.

As Anzogh has been released for between 12 & 24 months, he can be summoned from both the Atlantis Portal (September 2020 & September 2021) and in the Tavern of Legends Portal.

He can also be “Trained” using the Hero Academy Level 10.

Atlantis Portal
Old HotM’s are featured in the Atlantis Portal a total of two times. Once in the month proceeding their Anniversary Month of initial Release (11 months after release) and again on the next Anniversary Month (23 months after release).

Tavern of Legends
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are added to the summons pool in the Tavern of Legends Portal.

Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are also added as a possible outcome of Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining.

More information on HA10 Retraining here: 🤓 Hero Academy! FAQ, Links, Guides and Discussion

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an old HotM?
Below Maths is current as of September 2020.
Subject to change as additional heroes are added to the Portal.

It’s important to remember that the Tavern of Legends Portal has the lowest odds for a specific hero of ANY portal… No amount of summoning will guarantee a Featured Hero.

You have a 0.25% chance of summoning a specific Featured Past HotM from the Tavern of Legends Portal (0.0125% for a specific Non-Featured).

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2.47% chance of summoning a particular Featured Past HotM (0.12% chance for a specific Non-Featured & 12.27% chance for ANY Past HotM).

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

(Each 30x Summons costs 8,000 gems or ~$79.99 USD).

# of Summons ~ USD Cost
pre-tax
Odds for Specific Featured Past HotM Odds for Non-Featured Past HotM
10 $26.00 2.47% 0.13%
30 $74.99 7.23% 0.03%
100 $250.98 22.14% 1.24%
500 $1,251.88 71.39% 6.06%
1,500 $3,749.63 97.66% 17.10%
5,000 $12,500.75 99.9996% 46.48%
10,000 $24,998.50 99.9999999986% 71.35%

Putting that in Perspective

If 100 people were to complete 100x summons, spending ~$250 USD:

• 27 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 78 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 99 WON’T get a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 100 people were to conduct 1500x summons, spending ~$3,750 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 23 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 83 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

If 1 Million players each completed 10,000 summons, spending ~$25,000 USD:

• 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
  • 1 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
  • 286,500 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Anzogh (post release)

Is Anzogh worth Summoning For?

NOTE, you can currently only get Anzogh from the Atlantis Summons Portal when he is the featured returning Hero of the Month (HOTM)

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

How many copies of Anzogh would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

What do you think Anzogh’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer
  • Team Healer
  • Offence Geared Support
  • Defence Geared Support

0 voters

What do you think of Anzogh compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Anzogh’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

Is Anzogh worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

In Defence, where do you think Anzogh is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Anzogh is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

Anz is one of the most underestimated heroes in the game. I got him last year, gave him rings and I have been very pleased about his performance.

He doesn’t make it to my defense, mainly because I also have Onatel who has all the emblems. When stacking red he is most valuable to me. His heal is not much but it has many times been the thing that keeps my team going on to deliver that final hit. And when I send him to field with his buddies Boldtusk and Wilbur, it is always a pleasure to see their unusually great synergy.

My only grievance is that my allt is lacking him, but can’t really otherwise complain.

7 Likes

Pulled him yesterday. Looking forward to getting him levelled.

Many people love him and I know he has great utility on many teams.

Personally, he hasn’t found use on my roster. I partially leveled him the month he was released and he just never made an impact for me. Too little heal, not enough damage…and most importantly too many other better fire heroes to work on personally.

The month he was released the matrix broke and I got like 13 copies of him on 100 pulls… it was silly. I ate all but two…just in case.

This round of Atlantis I had 300 coins to play with.

Gato, Ulmer, and you guessed it…Anzogh.

Personally I snagged 4 of him when he first appeared as the HotM.

I liked the idea of him then but found him totally underwhelming after reading & comparing him a bit more…

In order for Anzogh to really shine he needs good support heroes… Best ones obviously being BT, Wilbur and Falcon to maximise his damage dealt & healing he provides…

For me, I already had a 5* hero who fit that lineup but better, with a bigger attack stat & more damage… For me that hero is Elena… No she doesn’t have the healing O elemental link etc… But for me she was already levelled…

On top of that he was wizard class which meant he was (and still is) in some very hot competition for emblems…

As such I was sitting on 4 copies of Anzogh (unlevelled) for a long time… I’ve since eaten two copies and plan on feeding a third to the Hero Academy (if it ever arrives)… The last I’ll eventually level up but not in the immediate future.

So my final review:

Anzogh is underwhelming for me… He can be useful when paired with the right heroes… He’s just not useful to me :frowning:

2 Likes

Get out of my brain and stop writing identical reviews as I am typing

You didn’t leave a review but a (not so subtle) brag about getting 14 copies of him :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lol, if I wanted to brag it would have been on a hero I wanted.

14 copies of Seshat would have been a totally different story.

1 Like

Yeah, just a pitiful 3 copies of her for me :frowning:

#rediculous-bragging

Offense:

Raid Defense (hold in diamond arena):

2 Likes

I wish! Only 1 here. She is so lonely

1 Like

Just curious. I got one, and I already posses Marjana and Puss. I’m in this stage (that stage for most of you) in wich I have yet to ascend my first 5*. How should I felt about him, compared with my other red 5*? I’m f2p, so always amazed of getting a 5*, and alway reluctating admiting to myself “at pressent, you need more 4*”
My future 5* team woul be chosed between Drake, Neith, Ursena, Grimble, Thorne and the three stated abode, if that helps to answer my question.

All 3 offer very different things lol…

Anzogh offers sturdy DoA but needs some support to prop him up… He’s not great on defence but can service if NEEDED.

Marjana is the only true Red Sniper. She’s also rogue class & fast mana speed making her ideal to fill the Wing Position on a defence team.

Puss is niche… He’s a strong Heal Over Time hero with an attack buff… issue is that both those things can be easily achieved in offence by a 4* Hero (Boldtusk)… I personally wouldn’t rate him on defence & in offence he’s best paired with other minion makers (best pairing is with Queen of Hearts)…

Yes, thanks. I read a threath of @JonahTheBard that helped my realice that it was a good pull, and not only for him being a 5*. Anyway, before I choose a 5* team I"ll need the mats and I"ll have to finish my 4* bench. :sweat_smile:
But well, he seems a nice guy to level, eventually.

2 Likes

I love him on my Red Death Squad. Wilbur + Ares + Anzogh all charging on the same turn = massive damage and a big heal to boot. My other two on that team are Zimmy for cleanse and backup for Ares and Gravemaker because he’s still the Boss.

Can we be honest here?

I pulled two Anzoghs when he was HotM. I maxed out one before there were emblems.

I recall his healing was SUPER useless, healing as little as 20 to 40 health per hero per attack.

Now it seems he heals around 200 health per hero per attack.

Did he get a healing buff? I find him infinitely more useful now than when I first pulled him. I considered eventually shoving him into the hero academy building thing when it finally comes out but I honestly think I’ll save him since I dont have GM.

Also, my second Grimble will be going into the academy still.

Emblems have been there before Anzogh’s release, hmm…

It depends on who you attack…

In raids and farming he does a good deal of damage & healing then. But on bosses of events, his heal/he is almost useless, because the def of the bosses seems to be too high. That’s the only thing I recognized with him. And of course, the less heroes standing in raids, the less damage, the less heal…

Anzogh was my 1st and only HOTM. I was underwhelmed at first but find him increasingly useful. The current Vela Telly GM meta can still be a challenge. I don’t have G. Falcon or Wilbur but play BT Gormek Anzogh Scarlett Keilie with pretty good success against all green tanks except Telly past +10. The mana resistance and protect against blue both come in really useful. Seeing a Vela, Thorne or Richard hit reduced to peanuts is pretty awesome. The fact that the healing is spread amongst the heroes that do not have maxed health works really well with BT. I would estimate that 90-95% of the time that BT Gormek and Anzogh get to fire together I end up winning the battle. Even higher is one or both of the ladies are still alive.