❄ Anzia – 5* Ice / Blue from Contest of Elements

New Contest of Elements (Ice) hero is released: Anzia

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Anzia, as well as your thoughts on Anzia.

Anzia

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Cleric
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 885 905 1958
4/90 1013 1036 2240
Origin Family
Contest of Elements Super Elemental
Image Aether Power Description
dmg-reduction Damage Reduction At the start of each battle, all damage received by this hero is reduced by 10% for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Troop Strong Damage Modifier
This character’s Troops deal 100% more additional damage against weaker element.
This character receives 10% less additional damage from Troops of stronger element.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Radiant Comeback
  • All allies counterattack with 75% of the damage received, and a further 7% increase per each Ice shield on the board for 5 turns, up to 159% damage in total.
  • All Ice allies regenerate a moderate amount of mana for each counterattack for 5 turns. This effect gets diminished for consecutive activations during the same turn.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique heroes of the same family

Super Elemental Family

Super Elemental family makes Mono teams even stronger.
This hero enhances Ice element.

• One or more shields are enhanced to Power Gems each turn.
  • The amount is same as Ice heroes in the team. 5 Power Gems per element can be on board at the same time.

The Power Gem deal 20 damage to a random enemy each turn until it is matched. When Power Gems are matched , they deal 10 damage to a all enemies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Anzia from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Contest of Elements (Ice) Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v54]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Anzia ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Anzia.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Anzia and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Anzia worth summoning for?

• Would you use Anzia on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Anzia ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Anzia as an opponent?

• Would you give Anzia Cleric Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Anzia’s character design?

• If you Summoned Anzia and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Anzia, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Anzia when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Anzia, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Anzia (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Anzia), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

6 Likes

Feedback Poll - Anzia (post release)

:question: Is Anzia worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Anzia would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Anzia’s Primary Purpose is?

• Counterattack
  • Mana Increaser (Over Time)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Anzia compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Anzia’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Anzia’s Base Stats?

Note this means Anzia’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Anzia worth giving Cleric Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Anzia is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Anzia is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Anzia worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Anzia then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

Very strong, but it has counters, so I would not call her OP compared to many others. The similarity in name with Azmia though, especially as they are both Ice…

2 Likes

I wonder why only ice for the mana gen?

Yeah that is a very big limitation. It should be All but Ice gets a tad more.

This is a 0.1% hero. It should not have this limitation

1 Like

Save your coins for another.

1. Gosh, I wonder if anyone will ever get Anzia and Azmia mixed up, because of their names, or also because they are both Blue counterattackers

2. It seems weird that a 0.1% 5* hero has a special that seems not really more… special…. than a 4* hero’s. (Yes, of course the 5* stats/chassis are bigger, but why pull for this hero when 10^12 OP heroes will be appearing in other portals in a few seconds?)

3 Likes

Sorry, I don’t like this hero. I think fast speed had been a better option to Anzia due to It’s a 0,1%

Is it worth doing 30 pulls for COE as I need blues, Quintin would be nice to have. But I am scared of getting exeera. And these two, azmia’s sister and zynga don’t seem to be worth the 0.1% pull rate

See the line up first when portal opens.

There should be a FTW offer too. Plus at least one in Web Store. Let’s wait to see how good those offers are.

If the offers average out at around S$1.50, I wouldn’t mind trying cos it’s <S$50. If your budget is around there.

Otherwise it’s at least S$2.20 each (I think) => S$66 for 30x

If you are using the 12k gems from this week’s WS SO, that 30x should be about enough: 3400 10x. Price per summon for that offer revises upwards to about S$1.58

Challenge 50
LNY 5x
ToL 5x
30x Covenant 10200 gems
4x Covenant 1600 gems
Total 94 summons
S$148.98

In addition to all the comments above, Anzia is a cleric…there are too many clerics, and her skillset is not really that good to justify taking away someone else’s cleric emblems??

Maybe I am missing something here?!

They’re both Ice and have counter ability. Seems a bit lazy. Glad that SGG didn’t name her Aimza, though Sdrawkcab Monks would undoubtedly approve.

Otherwise she seems ok, especially when considering that annoying passive, but if you compare her with the likes of Jequn or Roz, she really lacks behind. Especially that mana generation that is only for Ice heroes. Yes, she is meant to be used with other ice heroes, but still. Her counter can be really powerful but is too much dependent on tiles.

I think she’ll get a stealth buff before release.

2 Likes

I think she is meant for a blue stack. but on a blue stack, why would you need to use defensive skills like this? So this is just for blue stacks with bad boards at this point

All of elemental heroes are meant to be used mainly with heroes of their element, notably their passive supports that. Thing is though, that even out of elemental stack they can hold their own. Even Zandria who is Very Slow. But ice heroes are terrible. One is too dependent on stack and one on presence of fire heroes.

I expect either last second buff before release or not many summons done in this portal, where both of featured heroes with terrible odds are terrible on top of everything else. If not for passive they’d be worse than S1 heroes (who have now Superior Talents and with x2 C-bonus even higher stats).

5 Likes

Seems to me that they are meant for fire titans and that’s all, especially zynga

Zynga does damage to nearby if the target is Fire, but titans are alone. Dunno how he works for single targets. Otherwise he’ll be there only for passive and that doesn’t do a lot of damage (100 base per turn with max tiles is nothing when single tile hits for 3-5k). Aimza is more useful on that front, but titan attacks, unless it fires special (with Miki it mostly won’t), won’t charge much of mana. Better use Tethys or someone. Tethys is actually better hero with elemental favoritism than these two.

Really, I dunno where they were going with these two. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I had exactly this in mind. I already have Exeera. BUT, I got G Hippo this morning so only blue I would want is Mr Pengi and since I have no mats to level two blues, this portal is a big pass for me

1 Like

G. Hippo is not going to be there, I think the requirement is the hero being 180+ days in other portal. That means the new blue Ninja with unpronounceable name isn’t there either. On the flip side, no Balur too.

Really these elemental portals are kind of like Black friday, but for single element. There are S1 heroes but for 5* the chance is really low (2.3%/50 * 4 = 0.184% with 50 5* in total barring featureds; of course if you do pull one it sucks much more). On the other hand you can pull Quintin, Aino or Miki … but you might as well pull Exeera, Klaern or Russula.

Personally I might use my coins but that’s it.

1 Like

I meant, I got Hippo so only heroes I would want are Mr Pengi and maybe M&M or Milena