Anyone thinking of leaving?

I saw @Kayo’s thread on never coming back and did a bit of self reflection. I can’t say I fit into that thread but I fit into some sort of middle ground.

Depending on my upcoming 10pull at Atlantis or Wonderland, I am considering leaving the game because of the time it saps up.

I wouldn’t say I am definitely going to leave but one can’t help but think that all this grinding - particularly as an FTP- does take its toll on you.

Ultimately all that grinding leads to variable rewards, dictated by this ethereal, mysterious RNG that I cannot control.

Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoy this game. But the return on investment (of time) is a bit random.

Is anyone else thinking of leaving? What are your reasons?

Can anyone put up an argument for staying or leaving, one way or another?

@Duaneski @Shohoku79

Feel free to merge @zephyr1 if there is another thread.

Many thanks

18 Likes

Farming gets tiring. I wish loot tickets were an available resource all the time to buy.

Or more dropping in loot and Vip.

23 Likes

I don’t think there’s a master thread for deliberations on leaving the game, so no need for a merge. :slight_smile:

I look forward to what you and others have to say in this conversation. Thanks for bringing it up.

a starting thought

I would of course be sad to see you go. I enjoy your company on the forum.

Perhaps selfishly because of that, my hope is you’d consider a break for a while, or deciding on a reduced play schedule that worked for you, so you’d still be around in the community — rather than leaving outright.

But of course, you should do what’s right for you.

And it’s a game, certainly any point it feels like a burdensome grind and not enjoyable fun is reason enough to pause or stop — with no feelings of obligation to keep going or return.

If you do decide to take a break, @Gryphonknight wrote a nice guide to setting things up to be away for a while, whether for vacation or quitting with the possibility of returning one day:

10 Likes

I’m in too deep and my tinfoil hat theory is that the game knows it. All of my purchased 5* are held hostage by the elusive tome.

Yes, it’ll eventually drop. But it’s not reassuring to know that this eventuality that may or may never transpire through chance, doesn’t sit well considering I’ve a deep bench of 5* that will need endure this random chance.

Leaving because of it? Doubtful. The game is as casual as I want it to be or competitive.

4 Likes

That’s very kind of you @zephyr1 I appreciate it. I like your company too.

Is it possible to stop playing the game and continue being active on these forums? :joy::joy::joy:

Just a thought…

6 Likes

I agree with this. Having some point in game progress where you could farm without waiting on auto play or running out of loot tickets would reduce a lot of the grind for long-term players.

Currently, I farm Season 2 15-8 Hard with loot tickets a lot, largely because the recruits per flag are decent (not as good as 8-7), while letting me use 12 WE per loot ticket.

8 Likes

Of course! And it probably comes as no surprise to anyone that the forum and community are my personal favorite part. :smile:

8 Likes

do you seriously want to stop? @FrenziedEye

2 Likes

I have 180 loot ticket :joy:
I rarely use it only for S2 hard or if I’m lazy and bored :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This is a very key point.

I guess some of us are all or nothing players - we either go all out or keep away.

But it’s totally within our control arguably.

However is it really? The pressures of alliance war as @AnjaValkyrie highlighted and requirements to hit titans don’t really allow ‘casual’ gamers to make their mark?

5 Likes

I think there’s a 20% chance I could. Maybe a 50% chance if my ten pull goes sour.

1 Like

Putting a lot of pressure on that 10 pull… but I think I speak for many that we’re all rooting for no whammies!

8 Likes

to be honest the odds of 10x Atlantis are really bad, I did it once I got Athena and Tiby the rest was rubbish. Last month my friend was worse 10x Atlantis all 3 *. I feel the opportunity of the Challange event is better

2 Likes

I am slowly quitting my alt account, just using him on titans and gradually depleting battle items. I’ll eventually stop completely, just too much time spent on 2 teams.

2 Likes

yes it becomes a big pressure if we are F2P

5 Likes

There are pressures, no doubt. My particular alliance participates in AW and while it’s secondary to Titans, there are still expectations with no exception. However, I feel they’re reasonable, use all flags, fight appropriate opponents, Tank bust or one shot, one attack per opponent, and follow the strat.

My pressure comes from titans and resources. I got into an alliance fairly early on that was already fighting 9*/10* two months after starting the game, which we now stay at 10/11* titans. Of my roster of +170, I’ve 24 maxed heroes, 3 of which are 5*.

I’ve not only an obligation to do my part but pressures to keep up above and beyond my weight class. Through the help of these expensive crafting resources (dragon bones, midnight roots, large bones etc), I’m able to not only do my part, but help carry the 15-20 below not either willing to use their resources, know how to use their resources, or poor timing of the Titan spawn for the region they reside.

But through it all, it’s optional. Though, I will be honest, the rather consistent lack of mats when grading A or B on 11* titans it’s the most discouraging part of this game. The pressure to hit above my natural weight class is the least of my concern as I know if I truly need a break, there are plenty other alliances out there that I would consider casual by comparison.

5 Likes

sorry I’m not presumptuous or want to be an enemy. but your words because you still have motivation in this game. To be honest for a typical pure F2P motivation like this won’t last long. I am the type of C2P and F2P. Honestly I have compared it, however, the typical pure F2P will not be able to catch up with C2P especially if we are a bad luck F2P.

I :heart: E&P, :heart: friends, :heart: Peace :grin:

I think @FrenziedEye you must learn from @_John_Doe and @Jedon.
The two of them are typical F2P which is resilient and relaxed hahahaha … :grin::grin:

2 Likes

I’m not sure you should rely on someone else’s opinion for a choice that at its core is deeply personal. If you are swayed into staying because of another persons influence, then you may end up in the same boat a little bit further down the road because the same unresolved issues arise again. If you are swayed toward quitting because of someone else, you may regret it.

What about the game do you enjoy? What makes you the most irate? And, can these two polar extremes be bridged through a different style of play? Or, at the end of the day you can’t justify a reason other than because at this point it is a habit then maybe it is time to move on.

Just so long as you remain on the forum. :wink:

9 Likes

Im sure it is. In fact, ive noticed a particular long-term player who has ‘quit’ the game on multiple occasions but has continued posting in perpetuity. Now, maybe they arent really quitting, but its not my business what others do with their time, so… Just do what makes you most content. :wink: Good Luck, mate!

3 Likes