Anyone else feel this way?

I’m with OP on this one… Things have been pretty ■■■■■■ this year in the game and tbh i do not see them improving.

I too wanted the game to be better but with recent decisions and where EP is heading… Idk i feel like i lost some part of joy while playing.
Lost war? Idc. New OP heroes? Idc. Nerfing hotms? Wow what a surprise. Another event with 1% percent chance for legendaries? Idc. Missed tournament? Idc.

Unfortunately staff is not listening to any feedback, the only times they write something here is because of bugs or announcements. Sad, devs are completely disconnected from community now.

8 Likes

I admire your fighting spirit @JoshuaCass !

And I also admire your balanced response @BlackZed !

4 Likes

Been in 2 minds about whether to post here or not as really can’t be bothered getting into an argument about it.

There are good reasons for keeping similar ideas whether that’s complaints, kudos, tactics, summons etc together. It helps all of us find the threads and topics we want to discuss and allows different threads and questions to still be seen without getting pushed to the bottom of the list by new topics stating the same thing. It’s the same in the gameplay section where for example having a master thread of summon results means requests for help aren’t buried by having a multitude of people creating their own summons results or their own hero opinion threads.

This isn’t something where people are telling you not to complain. Complain as much as you like, but it does make it harder for the community to find content or get advice when new threads are created each time.

I understand that you are frustrated with the game and want change, unfortunately though your idea or complaint is not new. The devs have in the past stated that they do read the forum, I believe that they are more likely to take on board a large thread with more voices in it than single threads each time where a large portion of it is the voice each time. As an example currently 13 of the 43 posts in here are yours, along with a number disagreeing, from a consumer interaction standpoint I could quite easily see a business look at that and think one customer don’t need to worry hugely

No-one is trying to silence or bully you. However name calling people fan boy etc is also just as bad on your part. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar as my granny used to say…

6 Likes

I gave a heart for the fact that I really appreciated your balanced response, as I usually do. On the other hand, to be fair, there are also people on the forum that regularly try to silence critics , either by telling them that there complaints are not real or that “it’s just a game, if you don’t like it just don’t play”.

About name calling, just two weeks ago I remember being called a troll, which for me was very insulting, after putting time and effort to explain to someone why is not ok to just go around threating people that you’d block them because they were critical to your content.

Overall there is still to be done on both sides - both on how to express criticism more constructively, but also on how to accept criticism.

Personally I still enjoy the game, but this does not mean that I will ignore the fact that most current developments in the game are financially motivated in the detriment of the enjoyment of the game by most players or that I will not complain when I feel that the resources I put in the game were wasted due to the developers decisions or because the company’s communication is poor.

7 Likes

I agree with you
It’s pay to win

1 Like

I started almost 4 years ago as f2p, started paying about 5 months in with buying the 1$ deals in the monthly event. than came vip… and it kind of escalated. I feel like in my paying peak, I was really overspending but I still didn’t get that many good heroes. I have in 4 years with varying spending accumulated a nice roster but nothing close to a top roster. in the beginning, I was replacing 4*'s with 5*'s and my teams got stronger at quite a pace, but now I have quite some maxed 5*'s and pulling a new one, doesn’t really make me stronger anymore. limit breaks and some OP portals have made the p2w people run away again from me and that can get quite frustrating. i have my max cups record already for over a year, raided into the top 5 at that time, I was number 2 once :D. I have no chance anymore to get there, I think… but that’s how it goes.
the game is relatively old, I don’t think it can draw new competitive players in, so SG needs to focus on the people that keep their company running. they won’t do anything to help ftp because that doesn’t generate revenue. and they also dropped the c2p’s imo. I guess they made the calculation, decided and we can all rant about it, it won’t change anything.

4 Likes

Yep, communication is something everyone can improve on especially in written mediums such as this where you can’t read extra hints from tone of voice and body language as well as language barriers.

Like with everything in the world people get impassioned with their views and things spill over.

3 Likes

I suppose I’ve somewhat resigned myself to the continued direction of the game, and while I still care about the game, I definitely don’t care like I did in the past.

Thus, I don’t get particularly bothered by certain things. :wink:

4 Likes

Ill keep this real simple then. Do you agree with the decisions SG is making? Do you think the majority of them benefit the players, minus the whales? Do you think they are ethical? If your answer is no, you dont agree, then I would say why waste all that time posting about how you dont like where I started the thread, and that you think my thread is pointless? If you dont agree, and you think SG is running things just fine, then I would say you are in the very very small minority, and I wont waste my time trying to convince you otherwise, as many many others (like you stated) have made very large list of what SG is doing, that is clearly not for the benefit of the players. And I think the community is finding threads just fine, you just dont like them is all.

1 Like

For the changes SG is making I am guessing you are referring to the main ones that have created such an outroar recently. Like all things I disagree with some, agree with others and don’t have a strong feeling about others. I’ll give my thoughts below on each and if there are some other changes I’ve missed let me know and I’ll address them. For some perspective of where I am as a player, I have played since April 2019, lvl in late 50s, not F2P but not a big spender either. I still use lots of 4stars in my attack teams and sit in diamond range around 25-2600 cups.

Reduction in loot etc: I haven’t noticed any. In fact from all the extra content to play my loot has increased. Mythic titan has been my best source of loot since it came out. I don’t attempt to challenge for places in events and currently with my roster ( possibly skill level) I am unable to complete the towers unless I spend more resources on crafting items than I would like to. However the mat usage to mat gain I get from Mythic works well for me as I have yet to not finish 1%,5%

Hamgate - I did see the deal, still didn’t buy it. Have no regrets about not doing so. I am completely fine with SG removing the deal once they realised their mistake. I used to work price integrity in retail, when we had an incorrect price up we sold it at that price as it was our mistake, but once we corrected the price on the shelf we sold it at the price it should have been. This is no different, sure like a lot of things SG could have communicated better, but the actual decision taken I have no issue with.

Not listening to Beta Testers - Without ever having been a part of beta this is hard to really address. I guess it all depends what SG are looking to get out of Beta. At this stage after the recent AMA I think they are using more like a consumer focus group. They already have the ideas in their head that they are going to introduce, but it may be slightly tweaked by responses but not shelved.

Ninja Tower - end game content for long term players with developed rosters. Adds something for players who can autoplay just about all other pve.

Magic tower - some parts are positive eg the additional curses for costume and certain classes. I can understand the annoyance with the need to get extra flasks etc. I’ve written my opinion on those in more detail in the thread. To summarise: I think they should start adding to loot drop in same way as energy, titan and raid flasks do. Personally if I thought I could complete I would spend gems on them as the emblems, increased loot for higher finish and extra coins towards free pull I value higher than not even enough for a single summon.

Limit Breakers - I was unsure about after reading the reaction on Beta, however seeing them in game and that the sky hasn’t fallen I don’t have an issue. I also like they have kept them scarce. My view on the deal to buy is in that thread if interested.

Changes to reverse/ double formations - I have stated I think it is a bad move on the thread for it. More detailed opinion there. However this leads back to my comments about Beta and what SG sees it as for as opposed to at times what the community sees it as for.

Mana changes to recent HotM - I am awaiting judgement until I see what comes out as the family bonus for these heroes at turn of the year. From some of what has come out from testing done in beta it doesn’t appear to have been a huge reduction. I would still level those heroes for their regular abilities regardless

General buffs/ nerfs - Happy with the buff older hotms are getting this will improve their viability. Sure I’d like to see a bit of freshening up of some older ones like Red Hood etc but am resigned to them using costumes for that in similar way to S1.

Trainer heroes in summons - Not a problem, the chances for event and 5 stars haven’t changed, just better quality food instead of an S1 dupe. Positive move. Along with going back to 10 stages.

Shortening AR to 2 days - With all the extra content coming out and it needing calendar space I can fully understand their reason for doing so. As I said on the main thread discussing it I would prefer though that they moved it to weekend if it was going to be a 48 hr event.

I think that covers my opinion on most of the recent complaints. As I said 8n my earlier post though I’m really not interested in getting into an argument about each. I save my main frustration for the Scottish football team and that’s enough for any man’s blood pressure.

Edited to add: Also at no point did I call your thread or opinion pointless. All opinions are valid, and should be listened to but I’ve always followed the wise words of Polonius from Hamlet “lend all men your ear, but few thy tongue”.

And whilst it is easy for forum members who post regularly to navigate the forum it may be harder for newcomers to find things. Again not saying don’t complain, just attempting to provide some reasoning as to why posters starting a new topic each time when there are already threads that address the complaints can detract from forum usability.

9 Likes

What actions are SG taking that you believe are unethical?

That is fair, and I agree with a portion of what you said. I will leave it at that.

I am mainly overwhelmed with the number of new heroes generated. And I am not even talking about 5*. About a year ago, I had time to plan my summons, hoard some gems for the event when there were heroes appealing to me. Then, when some interesting 3*, 4* or 5* visited me, I had time to level them up rather quickly, as I had some food, feeders gathered.

Right now, with the pace of spitting out new heroes, when I’m making 20 or sometimes 30 pulls in each new event, I have even new 3* and 4* waiting in the long line to ascend.

And what’s interesting, I feel rather overwhelmed than overjoyed with this state of matter, since I have already some good teams created.

I feel that even when I would gradually level them up, I will either stop using a lot of my older heroes or won’t use newly ascended heroes since they won’t be as good as I thought.

That feeling of lost time, resources and mats is just haunting me.

5 Likes

I’ve been playing since April 2019 and still have not seen a single 4* yellow troop. I have 4* in all the other colors, 2 each in purple and blue.

Not the poster you quoted, but entirely disregarding your beta testers’ feedback and rolling out a portal with things like Ludwig and “fast 320% to three except it’s 520% next time” is pretty unethical.

Why even have beta testing in the first place?

1 Like

All of us who play for free are increasingly sad…
…these last 4 families were a hard kicking in my balls.

I already felt a little “uncomfortable” when they started with the NINJAS family, but these didn’t bother at all.

Then came S4 ​​with OP heroes too… but so far it was still bearable.

But then they released “Slayers Family”, and the “Magic Family”… and now these two:
“Crow” and “Wolf”

And we finally realized that the tendency of the game is to demote more and more with those who lack financial resources (like me).

Mix it all up with limit breaks, which are sold for the money but rarely get any in a tournament.

And as if that wasn’t enough, they gave families and costumes to the HOTMs, making the S1 heroes even more outdated.

It’s really hard to continue…

At this point I’m feeling like a real idiot, that instead of having fun playing games, its like I actually do an “unpaid job” dedicating my time and intellectual capacity to entertaining paying players while serving as a punching bag for them.

12 Likes

I feel for you, and agree completely.

Lack of creative, enjoyable game design added to compounding greed has made this game such an obvious money grab. It isn’t RNG, it’s RIG.

1 Like

I think the idea that you could play competitively quickly as F2P at any point is a fantasy. I have been playing 100% F2P for 4 years this month. I am very competitive for a F2P player. However, it took me 9 months of playing to even get my first 5* (Richard). It took me another 3 months to get my second (Vivica). I actually had the reverse problem of ascension materials than most, I had the mats and not the heroes for a long time. Meanwhile, my wife pulled Azlar less than a month into playing and it took her 1.5 years to get the mats to fully ascend.

3 Likes

@redmasque1 And there lies one of the big problems with this game.
It should not take almost a year to get a 5* hero.
I dont know of any game that would take that long to be able to progress like that. And considering the 5* that f2p get its not a big leap anyway in the current shape and form of the game.

2 Likes