Anyone else feel this way?

What if someone enjoys to make arguments about the terrible game economy E&P has? Just the way how you enjoy making arguments that everyone should accept the game as it is or leave eventually, if it doesn’t bring joy. :slight_smile:

It doesn’t necessarily come from a bad place…

5 Likes

I guess my viewpoint is that, I want this game to be fair, fun, and ethical. I want this game to last, but I want them to be held accountable. In my opinion, things in this game will never change for the better if players dont speak out. If everyone took the approach of “If you dont agree just dont play” some of the things that actually did get fixed, or changed, never would have. As rare as that is, some of the negative feedback was listened to, and things were changed. Imagine how many things could change for the better if more players complained, and less players defended them? I agree with you that this game should be an escape from the real world. But the truth is, for alot of players, as much as we play and spend/have spent, this game is still a very significant part of our lives, and therefore part of our “real world”. You have your view on the game, and I wont try to change that, so why do you feel the need to try to convince others that they shouldnt feel the way they do, and if they arent happy, just quit?

2 Likes

I just don’t see the point in wasting my energy on it. The game is what the game is. We all know from the Q&A that the “game economy” is all important now. They didn’t even try to hide that.

So here we are seeing the fruits of that. I don’t think it’s a shock.

And as I say people can be as annoyed/angry/disappointed as they like. But no amount of angry forum mobs or threads is changing this path.

The only thing we all have any say on is whether we still want to walk on the path. If you hate the direction then, honestly, this isn’t the game for you anymore. That’s for everyone to consider, me included.

4 Likes

Sorry to say & not wanting to be rude,
BUT,
reading the initial few lines of OP, I started yawning at the same OLD points / complaints.

Daily talk about money, spends, gimme free or else…, etc has become damn boring.
Why torture the self with all these emotions, if it is such a pain ?!

About those who play or quit, to each his own & life moves on… doesn’t it !

Good day :grinning:

3 Likes

You bring up a good point Slobix. Most of the players that complain about this game, myself included, dont do so because we hate the game, or want it to fail. We do so because we are so frustrated, and want the game to be held accountable, and because we want the game to be successful, and last. The players who defend SG, I dont think realize they are actually hurting their cause. The response from most SG “sympathizers” (as ive seen them referred to) is “if you arent happy, leave” Now how does that help anything? Imagine if that was the philosophy most people took in all aspects of life? Nothing would ever get better, no one would ever be held accountable. I could give a million examples, but I would get flogged in the comments about comparing those things to a mobile game lol. Furthermore, the SG fan boys and girls (as I like to call them) rarely even disagree with what players are complaining about, they just either try to downplay it, or say ya it sucks, but either deal with it or leave. That says alot right there.

3 Likes

Agreed on this. Since I generally love some parts of the game, my first step is to just walk a path that is different than one developers are trying to pave for us. Meaning, my first reaction is to go f2p for a while and see how I feel about the game in that setup.

To be honest, just the fact that I’m not supporting financially a business model that I find unsustainable from a players’ perspective improved the quality of my game presence. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agreed, this was me, yesterday. I won, but still…the difference is gigantic:

6 Likes

Exactly this. I spent on Circus and did 40 summons for no 5*

I used 40 summons I’d built up in EHT just playing the game and got the full set of Halloween 5*

Does make me think about my own spending habits as well. I can earn the same amount for Xmas summons…do I really need to pay for summons? No, no I don’t. But right now I like the game and it’s money from my waste allowance so if not this, wishing wells. This is more fun than wishing wells at the minute

2 Likes

Its a hard situation for people in different places in the game to truly understand another’s point of view…despite saying they do. For some people, that spend a nice sum of money, these trivial matters are meaningless. They can just go get more. All the power to them. For those not in that situation, this does matter more to them. Its fair to ask questions and debate the direction of the game. Its fine for me, so just accept it isn’t how the lesser people see things. I see you and do understand. Im in the middle and have just chosen not to spend. Not a dime since Slayers after spending quite a bit. I don’t accept their direction. So, ill play for free and enjoy what I have and maybe get lucky with some pulls. i already have a solid base. I still adore the game itself. I just don’t want to pay them off when it’s apparent im being milked. I do feel bad for newer ftp starting out though. Its not easy wanting these shiny new things and have no gems. lol. All while knowing that they only have season 1 in tc 20 to help them along down the road short of some great luck.

3 Likes

A few months ago when the Q&A came out, I went through a phase of anger and shock and fear at the thought of the game becoming even less FTP-friendly

But I’ve since come to accept that this will probably not change,

And I’ve also changed how I approach the game in terms of competitiveness.

I also can more vividly imagine the day I will quit this game, if I keep falling farther and farther behind.

I guess I want to say, I empathise with you because I’ve been there. And I hope all the players who are upset and angry will be able to come to terms with it; and find something else to fill the void should the time come to leave the game

8 Likes

Mods moderate the forum, not the game. So if they have to get the threads in order, it’s work for them.

On the subject. I wanted to give you a kind and understanding answer. But with this text I’m finally out:

I don’t have to apologize for loving the game. So call me Fanboi, I’m proud of it. I will follow my captain.

2 Likes

As far back as that QnA which was an eye opener, I was hoping for what you wish for. A fair, balanced game with happy players (well … eventually).

After reading that QnA, it was obvious that this will never happen, and it would only become more revenue-driven.

Many players before you have sought the same thing, have fought for the same and look at where we are now … it’s not because we didn’t try hard enough, it’s because it’s an uphill battle with little hope for a sure win.

First of all, your account is not yours. It belongs to SGG. You are renting that account. Spending in this game doesn’t give you the right to do what you want with your account, beyond what SGG decides you should have.

Second, it is clearly stated that SGG reserves their right to do whatever they want with their game. There is no stipulation for communication either.

Basically this means that players have no say, more or less. Perhaps a Giant Blue Whale, who single handedly contributed at least 10% of total monthly revie, may have some impact if he “casually” mentions his dissatisfaction with some game aspects.

With monthly revenue at about US$20m, that means about US$2m from that single player alone. I don’t think anyone will spend us$2m on this game yah.

You have a right to be angry.
You have a right to try to get support to right a “wrong.”
You have a right to dissent from other less passionate groups, who for their own reasons, are not supporting your cause.

There are many camps in Forum.
Quiet doesn’t always mean supporting the enemy.
It can mean practicality : accept the inevitable and adapt, and later exit if situation worsens.

I hear you yah. You have a point.
I can only support your cause by reducing my spend, and give 1* rating and a lousy review in Apple store.
I hope that’s enough.

6 Likes

I would like to highlight this. With Costume Chamber changing from every four weeks to alternating with Tavern of Legends, f2p/c2p have lost two free pulls, which had a much greater chance of pulling something useful.

We all know pulls are based on RNG. Personally, I have never pulled an old HOTM or classic 5* from ToL. I’ve never spent gems on that portal, and I doubt I’d start.

I’ve managed to pull three 5* costumes from the Chamber. In my experience, while I enjoy the gameplay of ToL, it’s actually been the least rewarding event for me.

And in the same schedule change they reduced the duration of Atlantis Rises. And this follows Tower of Magic needing gems for completion. :unamused:

7 Likes

I am impressed you won! Awesome work!

2 Likes

And I dont have to apologize either. You didnt really address my comment other than you are proud to be called a fan boy lol. I dont want to cause more work for the moderators, so if I have done that, I do apologize. However, if after everything that has been discussed, if your takeaway is to complain about me have a duplicate thread, than you are certainly part of the problem.

1 Like

I think that is a very fair response. I take the decisions SG makes more personally than others, perhaps even most. I would love to help lead the cause to change things, but I absolutely understand getting frustrated and deciding to take a different approach and mindset. In a way I am envious of that. I almost feel like I have to be vocal about SG, because in a way, I feel like if I dont, then they win. Then things will get worse. (as if they havent been). Like I have said before, I want this game to succeed. I would actually say I CARE about the game as weird as that sounds, even though I dont enjoy it very much currently. But I dont fault anyone who doesnt want to fight that fight, and just wants to try to find the best in what the game has become. I hope anyone reading this understands I only want a game that everyone can enjoy, and feel good about playing, where we feel like we are listened to, and respected. We dont have that currently, but hopefully soon. If I have to post on the forums, on Facebook, YouTube, wherever, to make even a small positive change to the game, I will feel it was worthwhile.

4 Likes

I agree with that completely. I have a very decent roster, maxed troops, yada yada. And I have disposable income I could and have spent on this game. So kinda like you said, the decisions SG makes doesnt hurt me nearly as much as probably the vast majority of the players. I speak out against it on principle, and because I feel like it is the right thing to do. Not to benefit me personally. I do need to work on understanding that not everyone will feel the same way, or be as upset, or outspoken, even though they may agree with me. I could also learn from what others like you have said about trying to do their part by not spending, but while still trying to enjoy the game.

2 Likes

Edit*** Not sure where the post went that this message is responding to**So me calling you out is a tantrum? But yes, you do you, and keep complaining about us complaining lol. Keep focusing on how threads are posted, and just ignore the factual content in the threads. I would also like to add, you dont stand up for anyone but yourself. The only people silenced or bullied are players like myself. But whatever helps you sleep at night.

U may wanna do some research before u try labeling me :laughing:

U are angry and venting in a circle…and comprehending nothing I am saying.

Ok. Have fun. I sincerely hope u find the fun cuz if u look for it it’s there.

Not gonna argue with u or your agenda. My time is precious. ( gotta tap the keg )

I do thank u for the laugh though. It made my stone heart twitch. I am evil afterall.

Happy whatever :laughing:

2 Likes

You have been arguing with me lol. I think my comprehension is better than most, and certainly better than yours. Interesting how your time is just now precious lol. Have fun drinking…or whatever :wink: