Any word on February's HotM? (Kunchen)

Onatel is an attacker, and a very poor tank.

1 Like

I did a epic Heroes 10 pull and a fire element 10 pull as well as one extra pull of each and no luck unlike last month where i wou d up getting 9 of ONATEL!!! Was thinking of feeding her to other holy characters but she is quite usuful especially in Wars

I’m not sure if this guy is even useful because Rigert can do the same and he’s faster on the mana

Anyway I’m going to save my gems for the whatever the special event someone is so I could do several 10 pulls hoping that’s going to help

1 Like

Well, I got Aeron already and I decided to have no summon this month. I definitely don’t want this guy in my team. Stats are terrible…

1 Like

It may be that they released the wrong version of Kunchen. What is live was the first version in beta. They changed him, shifting some defense to attack, but those changes aren’t what was released. I’m puzzled.

5 Likes

In your view is the beta version/live version better than the version that was supposed to be released?

What does shifting defence to attack mean? Thanks :slight_smile:

The final beta version of Kunchen had statline 648 - 778 - 1437, compared to 618 - 815 - 1437 (which was the first statline we saw in beta). I don’t know whether this was an error or a decision that the revised statline wasn’t what staff wanted.

618 attack stat is really low, making Kunchen’s tiles/slash ineffectual. He’s on a par with Justice in that department. The 648-778 stats makes the tile damage marginally respectable while still keeping him tanky—which is a good hint for a slow-mana healer.

4 Likes

His slashing damage would be ok after his first round of defense debuff.

He only decrease it by 34% but with a recovery skillset even this much is pretty good…
Low personal tile damage but with a good damage contribution.

3 Likes

I noticed these two have the same stats: Attack, Defense, and Health. No other heroes duplicate stats like this. I seemed to be the only one concerned in PS Global Chat.

Is there a reason the stats are the same? Was it a mistake? Is it in anticipation of the V19 changes? Per Kerridoc:

Makes me think it was just a mistake, either way that we will definitely be seeing some changes to one of these two

4 Likes

@Razor made note that Onatel’s stats actually exactly matched Yunans, and that that was the first observed case of that in RaZoR’s EDge:

It does seem quite odd that two HOTM in a row would have the same stats.

8 Likes

So, what is the opinion on how strong Kunchen is? I don’t have a purple 5* yet, or a 5* healer. I have a pretty good 5* team I’m leveling up consisting of Evelyn, Lianna, Zimkitty, Athena, and Onatel.

Heals are currently handled by Rigard.

Should I try hard for Kunchen this month?

People tend to dismiss any slow hero, only ever looking at specials and ignoring the stats Kunchen has very high defense, with a buff against yellow if he goes off. I think he is being dismissed way too early just because of slow mana. I think he will be a great tank personally and worth getting.

4 Likes

I noticed this the first time I saw both of their cards, and requested they shift the stats in beta. & They had, previously to release, but it looks like they’ve gone back to the original stats (which were identical to Onatel’s from the beginning). Hope they switch it back :no_mouth:

4 Likes

I missed this one. Thank you for clarifying.

I agree. Matching stats to an event hero is one thing. Two in a row hotms is another.

2 Likes

I would love to have him even though he’s slow but his resistant to reduce defense n a cleric make it a better tank / healer.

Plus he reduce enemy defense and cleanse too. Not sure abt others but i think he will be one of the better purple heroes both attack / defense due to his unique skill and love to get him.

2 Likes

I canr recall if its been noted already, but Kunchen is not immune to elemental -defense, like Jackal’s. Like any purple tank, the commenness and mana speed of Jackal is a great vulnerability.

1 Like

It’s actually been a point of confusion, as there were mixed statements about beta in this thread:

And in this one before it:

1 Like

Alright mr forum oracle, have you seen any compare/contrast posts about kunchen & aeron?

Forum Rule #97: Any question @Rigs asks will have a post @Kerridoc wrote with an answer to that question:

(I think Rule #98 is a generalized form, wherein any question anyone asks will have a post where @Kerridoc wrote an answer.)

6 Likes

That’s not much of a comparison lol

If he gets neither then we’ll hear “i didnt get kunchen or aeron, no regrets, tabbards will be better placed with x in month of x” lol

Just thinkin aeron heals close to the same amount i believe but has the immune perk that applies to any color and not just yellows, plus he’s average mana over slow mana

While i’m not quite sold one way or the other, i am leaning towards aeron over kunchen

1 Like

I haven’t seen extensive comparison of them so far. You could start a thread on it without being likely to end up merged. :wink:

5 Likes