Any superstition habits during Pulls?

My first alliance, the leader had a theory that if you open the portal window you want to summon from, allow it to cycle through all of the heroes. When it comes back to the original hero, count to 3, then hit the summon button.

Sounded like a bunch of superstitious nonsense to me, but he swore by it (and his roster was a lot better than mine, so what do I know?)

2 Likes

I just hit summon. No rhythm or reason. Sometimes I get 5*, often I get 3*. Thatā€™s how RNG works :joy:

If everyone in the game did a single 100 Valhalla coin summon there would be more than a few that got Gefjon + Glenda. Itā€™s just whether itā€™s your day to be lucky or not :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I figure too. When I was new, I thought I was just really unlucky with my pulls.

It wasnā€™t until I found the forum (about 5 months later) when I found out about the actual summoning odds.

"1.2% chance??? Geez, all this time I just thought the game hated me. Apparently it hates everyone." :laughing:

Now I keep my expectations very low.

EDIT: and in my experience, my own summons basically mirror what the ā€œposted oddsā€ state. I have no reason to think that theyā€™re lying. With odds that low, you donā€™t even have to lie, the reality is bad enough.

My mate complains profusely about how much the games hate him. Then when he gets something good he just goes ā€œabout time I supposeā€

He has like 40+ 5* and some very good ones like Black Knight, Freya, C.Dominta, Vela etc etc etc etcā€¦

He got Heimdall from a single Coin pull the other dayā€¦

So maybe thatā€™s the answer :joy: ā€œThe power of Complaints compels you!ā€

2 Likes

LOLā€¦ Iā€™ve pulled less than 10 legendaries from summons, most of mine have come from TC20.

But when I compare it to the number of summons Iā€™ve probably done, it seems to fall in line with what one can expect.

I complain, but mostly about the odds themselves. I find it amusing when people come here to complain that they werenā€™t able to magically defy the odds. ā€œ10 pulls and not a single legendary???ā€ Ummm who told you that you were guaranteed to get a 5* hero from a 10 pull? Somebody lied to you, buddy.

He used to spend, not heavily mind but a 10 summon here and there.

Heā€™s gone F2P the last few months and got some great heroesā€¦did a single event coin pull and got Guardian Falconā€¦Zocc from an EHTā€¦Heimdall from a single Coin pull, his Costume Dom came from keys.

His TC20 has been paying out too.

He mostly now complains the boards hate himā€¦even whenā€™s heā€™s winning them.

Funny old game this at times.

1 Like

He sounds pretty lucky to me. I probably average one 5* pull every 3 months or so (excluding TCs). Was C2P in the beginning, but I havenā€™t spent in over a year. Iā€™ve probably been luckier overall as a F2P than I was as a C2P.

I find myself now reaching the dreaded ascension mat wall, so not sure I even need any more heroes right now anyway. I will of course gladly take any nice hero I can get, but it will be a long time before Iā€™ll be able to finish them.

You want instructions on how to follow superstitions? :laughing:

1 Like

I mean if you consider the Censure method to be superstitious. Otherwise, itā€™s just the fact that everyone talks about it, but no one ever states what it is. Anyway, it was posted, so that answers that question.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard of the Censure method, I only vaguely understand how itā€™s supposed to work (and not 100% convinced that it actually does work). Thatā€™s the only reason I never explained it, for the same reason that I donā€™t try explaining quantum mechanics - because I honestly donā€™t know how it works myself.

I always found it odd that many people referenced the method without actually explaining itā€¦ when asked, theyā€™d say ā€œsearch it on YouTube.ā€

I assumed it was maybe something that was taboo to talk about here. LOL

Here is the Censure method.

1 Like

Have you tried the method yourself? If so, whatā€™s your conclusion? Yay or nay?

Not me, I have too many personal issues to deal with. :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT: The method tells me to summon when experience tells me Iā€™ll get Bane, Ulmer or Gunnarā€¦

1 Like

Fair enough. Iā€™ve thought about testing it myself, but itā€™s mostly based on doing a lot of pulls at once, and Iā€™m more of a ā€œsummon 'em when you got 'emā€ kind of player.

1 Like

The censure method is inconsistent at best and non-existent at worst. Iā€™ve tried it multiple times and although there have been a few successes there were many more fails which backs up @Sh3r1ff and their point of view regarding censure method. Superstition is right in this case and Iā€™ve never encountered any actual long term substantiated evidence that points out that it has serious potential to be otherwise.

3 Likes

That is about what I figured.

While I do think that RNG is ā€œstreakyā€ at times, I have made multiple attempts to nail it down, to find a pattern or rotation or whatever, certain time of day, etc.;

Itā€™s called ā€œrandomā€ for a reason. More effort than itā€™s worth to try to ā€œpredictā€ it, in my opinion.

I think even if someone set out with a million dollars worth of gems, doing 10 pulls here and 30 pulls there, using this method and that method, trying at different times of day each day, tracking every possible stat and whatnotā€¦

At the end of the experiment, theyā€™d probably end up with about 73% 3 star heroes, 24% 4 star heroes, and 3% 5 star heroes. About all theyā€™d be able to conclude is, ā€œwell, I seemed to get better pulls on Thursdays, but I had a couple of good Tuesdays too. Saturdays werenā€™t too bad. Oh, and one Friday, I pulled several legendaries in a row. Mondays were mostly terrible. Except for that one Monday. Wednesdays and Sundays are mostly a mixed bag. I got a lot of my best pulls at night, but I also got some good ones in the daytime. I thought maybe a full moon would help, it seemed to help in the first lunar cycle, but when I tried it again during the second lunar cycle, it didnā€™t pan out as expected.ā€

2 Likes

This is true, or at the very least appears to be. As one example I ended up getting the majority of 5* Avalon heroes in two ten pulls (LotL and MLF on one and Guin on the other) back to back. Kind of crazy and canā€™t account for it.

Edit: did not try censure method for that one :laughing:

2 Likes

I havenā€™t been so lucky in pulls, but I have pulled multiple Priscas and multiple Kailanis in a rowā€¦

And my boards have a tendency to be really streaky on certain days. Some days, I canā€™t get a good board to save my life. Other days, I canā€™t lose! Sometimes I do my first 3 titan hits, excellent scores every time. Go in 12 hours later expecting the same scores, and the boards are total :poop:, canā€™t even get half the scores I got on the first 3. :man_facepalming:

I canā€™t explain it, nor have I been able to identify any subtle indicators warning me ahead of time. Just have to roll the dice and see what happens.

EDIT: actually, have been lucky in pulls too, just not back to back. More likeā€¦ Iā€™ll go 3 months in a dry spell, no legendariesā€¦ then in one week, Iā€™ll pull a legendary in a summon and 2 more from my training camps. 3 months of nothing, to 3 5*s in one week.

2 Likes

If there are no streaks in RNG, then itā€™s not RNG!
@discobot roll 20d2

1 Like

:game_die: 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 1