Any description on May 2019 Nature HOTM? (Margaret, formerly Elinor)

ah ok thanks for that… so i missunderstood a post above… ok that maked her slightly worse it seems…

speed kills but this hotm doesn’t kill, all she can do is to have a chance for only 3, not 5 to dodge sniper.

Seems preety weak at the moment. Maybe they will buff her before release and not 6 month later like they did with aegir.

Just flank Margaret with very fast mana guys like GM and Kage on defense.

The very fast mana will definitely kill you with her 2 boyfriends. Then I would just put Isarnia and Azlar in the wings just for the fun of it and the irony of 2 slow wings with very fast middle 3.

1 Like

“With her two boyfriends” who find out about each other and attack each other and leaves her to take the blows from the enemy. Yeah, I like that plan.

2 Likes

Good plan, can I borrow your credit card for a sec? :face_with_monocle:

8 Likes

Any tank flanked with GM and Kage will be good anyway, it says more about those 2 heroes than anything else.

1 Like

True but imagine the 3 of them having Inari’s dodge skills on top of that.

It makes it very unlikely to kill the 3 of them before they kill you.

if what you say is true, then Inari would make an awesome tank. Does Maragret has tank stat?

Unlikely? do a simple red stack this hotm tank won’t survive 4 tiles.

As she sits currently, she’s more a glass cannon type, so I don’t see her tanking. Also, short to long term defenses won’t be using pairings like GM and Kage together as they are in the same class. If people think anzogh is a bad hero and Margaret comes out as she’s currently stated and people think she’s good, either I’m doing something wrong or… ya’ll are. haha.

Hey Bosswolf what tank would survive a big color stack?.. exactly thanks for overall zero contributions to the conversation.

No. She would be a very poor choice for tank, IMO. She has low defense and low health. She is clearly designed as a flank for those who wish to use her on defense.

2 Likes

Considering now almost no one uses Inari in defence, I Guess very very few people will put Margaret in defence based on the things we read so far

That would not be an unreasonable supposition, based on my experience.

Her short duration effect and high attack stat make her much better designed for offense, where she can boost a green stack’s tiles and provide protection to key heroes from sniper fire.

2 Likes

i am not sure, but kage tank with inari/margaret flank can be quite annoying if you dont get this 3 out fast ?! …
put a healer on the corner and a sniper/AOE on the other… and i think that could be a decent deff team to go against (or at least very annoying if you dont have a good board)

It would be very effective against rainbow teams, I suspect, where specials are the main way to kill a tank. I run 3/2, and my tank kills are almost always tile kills. So a flank who only protects the tank from specials doesn’t scare me at all.

In all the fights I had against Margaret at flank in beta (and I spent a few hours hunting them out, with the unlimited flags they provide) there was only one fight where her special blocking power really ate my lunch. But boy did that fight suck.

4 Likes

ok, thanks for your insight…
you are right… against tank i stuck tiles as well… so the dodge flanks would not save kage in the middle actually… didnt think so far to be honest :smiley:

1 Like

That was my original defense plan.

Zim kage Inari Victor eve but it’s been underwhelming. That’s with both darks firing on 6 tiles.
The three turns to dodge on average mana just too complicated to time, especially on defense.

In fact, I would always prefer very fast with 4 turns option.

1 Like