Any description on May 2019 Nature HOTM? (Margaret, formerly Elinor)

Haha! Yup nothing can compete with an Irish lady, best wishes for your mum! Fingers crossed for Irish green.

1 Like

So any news on the next month hero?
I plan to keep all the epic hero tokens i get [if i manage to get any], im kinda lacking in greens and i dont have any legendary green heroes [and have like 9 tonics and 16 shields].
Any scoop on who might be and what heā€™ll/sheā€™ll do [last green was Evelyn if i aint mistaken so this could be a ā€˜ā€˜heā€™ā€™].

See: How do I find out the upcoming HOTM? - #11 by zephyr1

1 Like

SOOOOOO whoā€™s got the deets on May?? :smiley: now that Aprilā€™s HOTM is officially available

We know that Juneā€™s hotm is a yellow 5* version of WuKong, but I havenā€™t heard anything about Mayā€™s hotm. Any insight would be awesome :slight_smile:

Take this with a grain of salt, but I believe May is:

• Margaret (formerly Elinor)
  • Nature
  • Atk 821 / Def 648 / HP 1260
  • Very Fast
  • Rogue
  • Caster and nearby allies get a chance to dodge special skills that do damage for 3 turns. The higher the damage, the higher the chance for dodge, ranging from 20% chance to 90%
  • Not sure what her element link or resistance is but she has both

Very interesting design, not sure how I would use her. Obviously some useful similarities to Inari.

What do you all think?

6 Likes

Iā€™m not a huge fan of recycling hero abilities like this. If this is true, it isnā€™t nearly as demoralizing as Frida and Arthur. Frida just completely make Arthur feel sad and less special as an event 5* when she kind of outclasses him. However, at least here, there is more of a spin on her special and she is in a different color, so I guess that makes up for that defect.

This is the version I saw ā€“ subject to change on a whim, as always.

Inari is also very difficult to pull, so I think the idea is to make special dodge abilities more accessible. There is also the added element of the dodge % variability, although Iā€™m not sure how that calculation is made.

I have Inari and am a huge fan of hers, but I donā€™t think this card would devalue her in its current form. If anything, Iā€™m curious about how theyā€™d play together.

1 Like

For sure! I hope she is a sorcerer. This class doesnā€™t have a huge representation, and I"m lacking a 5* sorcerer.

1 Like

Elinor doesnā€™t make much sense that way. High Atk, but no damage special. Her effect would suggest tank, but she hasnā€™t nearly enough defense or health for that. Flank could work.
On offense itā€™s rather strange too. Very fast mana, but what she actually does is drag the battle out.

Elemental link is propably the same as Feb-June, but with fire element defense. And since Ranvir has poison resistance sheā€™ll likely have fire DoT resistance.

Maybe Iā€™ll do Avalon summons, but gonna save EHT for Juneā€™s HOTM or summer season event and spend Atlantis coins this month on the off chance of getting Ariel, so itā€™s not likely that I get Elinor.

3 Likes

Similar design to Inari there as well, in terms of the fragile def / HP and focus on tile damage. She could be very strong in high-level titan battles ā€“ itā€™s just a shame her dodge doesnā€™t extend to the whole team for that use case.

1 Like

Margaret (was Elinor) is the green HotM coming for May. She is very fast, and rogue class.

They recently nerfed her stats a bit, I am guessing because of the mana speed. She has resist to buff dispellers, and element link of +46% against fire for four turns - that was not able to be dispelled.

Her dodge is sketchy, with anywhere from 20% to 90%, related to enemyā€™s special damage, for herself and nearby.

She seems fun, an Inari type with the evade but maybe difficult to find a consistent use for her.

As it is still really early in testing, I expect to see more changes before actual release.

Frida is better for raids but Arthur is better for titans. She doesnā€™t straight up outclass him, sheā€™s just better for her role. She hits multiple enemies and gives them elemental debuff. Arthur hits one target harder and gives it elemental debuff. Arthur also gives -attack which is great against titans.

2 Likes

Green ghetto?!!?

Evelyn, Evelyn, ever since Evelyn the ghetto is goneā€¦ Hansel is a fantastic 4* for green in case any love can be spared for a lowly 4*, holding his own against many 5* in raid after raid. After Evelyn came MN and Hatter, two to keep Alby companyā€¦

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Green actually has a ton of great heroes. Evelyn, Lianna, tarlak, alby, Zeline, MN, Gregorian, Yunan; off the top of my head. These are some of the best heroes in the game.

7 Likes

I think yellow and purple are generally the worst attackers actually. It makes sense they did that because those two colors are neutral against the other 3. But if weā€™re talking tc20 heroes, what are the options? 4* yellow is pretty awful. Li xiu And chao are :poop: they hit like pillows. Chao mana cut is basically useless. Hi Tao also hits like a pillow but at slow mana. Wu kong is great for titans but thatā€™s about it. 5* yellow has vivica which is good but the others, Leonidas is :poop: Justice is an ok tank but thatā€™s her only role. Purple in 4* doesnā€™t even hit at all besides Tiburtus. Rigard is a great hero, very important, but heā€™s not killing anybody. For 5* purple, Quintus is ok but I wouldnā€™t spend mats on him because slow mana and squishy. Obakan is garbage, but unfortunately among the best options. Really itā€™s just Sartana and Joon that are good yellow or purple attackers, from tc20. Whereas green has Caedmon, little John, skittskull is actually decent too with a high attack stat and decent ability. I never leveled her but I donā€™t think sheā€™s awful. Uh I think melendor sucks because heā€™s too squishy to be able to heal your team reliably (which reminds me of Sabina, not good for the same reason.) Kashrek is a great tank and a decent healer to bring on offence. Lianna is a great 5* the other 5* elves arenā€™t great but anyways I think green is pretty good.

2 Likes

As for yellow attackers, I think youā€™ve forgotten about Joon, and now Poseidon.

I think that it should be less about which colors are strong/weak and instead whether classic heroes are keeping up with event/Atlantis/HOTM which they arenā€™t, and Iā€™m not sure anyone is trying to make that argument. SGG did say that the new skins which affect stats will be for classic heroes only at this time which should help bolster their strength in the meta and help them compete.

But when looking at classic 4* heroes and excluding events/Atlantis (and HOTM by default because there are no 4* HOTM), red/blue seem like stronger benches than green/yellow. Iā€™m aiming for Jackal in the upcoming Teltoc just because there arenā€™t any other yellows with a nice offensive heft (that arenā€™t, you know, nigh impossible to get without getting incredibly lucky or spending lots of money or named Joon).

I personally hate raiding purple and blue tanks because the bench of classic heroes isnā€™t well suited to knocking those down. My yellow stack is my weakest because Iā€™m fielding a max+7 Chao (who does okay with the emblems), a 4/70 Hu Tao, and a 3/70 Justice whichā€¦ isnā€™t great. I did pull a Wu Kong recently, but Iā€™m not sure heā€™s good for much besides the tile damage because of how unreliable Gamblerā€™s Stance is. Itā€™s kind of the same with my green (max+7 Caedmon, 4/70 Mel, 3/70 Elk). Unless I can pair them with my red or blue, it doesnā€™t always end well.

Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™d love to bring to bear a Joon or Evelyn, but with the former being a pretty low pull out of TC20 and the latter being literally unobtainable at this time, Iā€™m not going to bank on it.

Poseidon canā€™t be in this discussion as I was responding to heroes in tc20, and I did mention Joon. I said Joon and Sartana are pretty much the only good attacking yellow or purple heroes from the classic bench.

Wu is great for everything except defense. Or at least heā€™s been that way for me. Heā€™s squishy, so you have to keep him alive and make sure to get other specials off before his. Iā€™ve won plenty of raids with bad boards because of Wu.

On another note, youā€™re saying Iā€™m pretty lucky to have both Joon and Evelyn waiting to be leveled?

1 Like