Any chance to have a couple more tournament rules

I’d like to see tournaments with class restrictions like “Buff Booster 4* no druids” or “Bloody Battle 5*” only barbarians, fighters, rangers, wizards, sorcerers are allowed.Just examples.

Would be cool.Anyone who likes this idea pls like my post.

Thx Viking

2 Likes

I loved your idea. Class restriction would be funny =D

Maybe this has already been suggested, but I’d like to see “Sorcerers and Rogues Only” “4* Red Excluded No Wizards” “Bloody Clerics and Paladins”, etc. A way of encouraging the use of different heroes, maybe forcing folks to dig deeper into their ranks to fill out teams.

Here is one I found.

Also a master of sorts…

On one level this is very interesting but the more restriction u place on useable hero’s the fewer player will have the depth to field the teams. Maybe EXCLUDING a class or two may leave enough hero’s to work.

2 Likes

Originally, I wanted to suggest just few new tournament rules.
Then I have found this post:

Any chance to have a couple more tournament rules?

An people, gave a very correct argument - it will give a very hard time to new players.

Thus, I came up with an upgraded idea.

A. Tournaments are based on raid arena (bronze, silver… diamond)
The invitation to tournament is based on your raid arena. The moment one takes the invitation, the arena tournament is fixed.

B. Higher level tournaments give more reward

C. On higher level tournaments, more unique rules could take place.
e.g:

• restrictions to certain classes
  • only same family heroes
  • Each hero should be of different class
  • Talents are ignored (probably good for lower arenas)
  • Maybe restrictions to mana speeds… (not sure)
  • 3* are very fast attack, 4* are average, 5* - very slow (maybe it will make a mixing of 3* to 5* meaningful)
  • rules from Atlantis special stages?

Benefits:

• another reason to care about arena
  • More variability in tournament rules
  • More meaning to classes
  • More chance that 3* and 5* heroes from the same family will fight side by side. Which means, more meaning to families
  • Uses for larger hero roaster for advanced players
  • Opportunity for newer player to survive longer in tournaments

Challenges:

• The balancing here might be a bit challenging. One usually has to benefit from advancing to higher arena. If one would be in e.g -25% top in gold or 75% top in platinum, which will result in worse reward in platinum, it could be a problem.
  • Related issue. It should not be worth for player to put bad a defense team, to fall in rating, and to win a low level tournaments.

C. It gives

Season 1 Hero Only Tournaments

Hi all E&P Players

Tournaments are fun as you get a chance to use different heroes from your roster.

As the game advances and new heroes come out especially with the launch of S3.

I would love to see some tournaments in the cycle based wholly around the original season 1 heroes 3*, 4* and 5*
Season 1 hereos are becoming more and more obsolete due to the power creep of S2 and S3 heroes and I would love to see them have a revival.

1 Like

How about costumes? Are they allowed or not? Consider that next month 21 new costumes will be published so that most of the S1 heroes will now have a costume.

I would think better to not allow costumes. They are no less rare than the non-S1 heroes.

I think I already play under this rule :grin:

1 Like

it is a good idea but I think you forget how boring season 1 heroes are compared to season 2, events and season 3. most of the really interesting debuffs, dots, synergies, etc. arent common place on the season 1 heroes.

1. Debuff Drain
    Each hero loses 1% health for each active status ailment on the hero at the end of each turn.

2. Manaborn Minions
    Whenever a hero cast a special skill, the hero summons a Manaborn Minion with 15% attack, defense and health of the caster.

Here are 2 new special rules suggestions for Raid Tournament.

All the existing special rules are designed to speed up the game. These 2 new suggestions are designed to do so as well by making heroes lose health faster through health drain and minion’s attacks.

The 2 new suggestions also affect hero team building choices:
Debuff Drain encourages the use of heroes that give status ailments and clear status ailments.

Manaborn Minions encourages the use of Fast heroes to take advantage of the minions and also heroes with anti-minion special skills.

All comments are appreciated. Thank you.

2 Likes

La idea de los Minions me agrada más

Hi all,

This is my first contribution to the forums although I have been a passive reader for some time.

I like the idea of increasing the number of rules, maybe combined with tournament tiers.

Have a system with maybe 6 tiers of tournament and 10% are relegated and 10% promoted after each tournament (obviously no promotion from top or relegation from bottom). Over time the number in each tier would start to even out but it would take some time.

As well as encountering stronger teams in higher tiers players would get better rewards and more nuanced rules. This would make progression to higher tiers more interesting as the higher the tier, the deeper the roster required to meet the rules that would be encountered.

The top tier could have rules such as any players dead at the end of the battle cannot be used for the rest of the tournament. This would need a strong roster to keep competitive and would make you really think about which heroes you could risk in each match.

The relegation / promotion would be enough incentive for people to spend gems if they wipe out which would give SG the financial incentive to make it worth the development time.

3 Likes

Hi all,

how about having a Raid Tournament without fast and very fast heroes? Only average and slower heroes are allowed. Possibly it would bring seldom used heroes back to the game.

Best Regards,
Rascal

1 Like

Or maybe a variation on the “all heroes are very fast” to “all heroes are average”. Would be cool as well, some would benefit, some would be a bit worse, but not completely removed as in your idea. I bet noone would use average Gravemaker though.

Frankly I was hoping that when they announced the tournaments, there were going to be new rules introduced here and there, but we somehow got stuck with what they initially introduced.

2 Likes

And even worse as they are using only 32 out of the 54 possible combinations. So a 3* Rush Attack No fire never shows up…just an example.

1 Like

I completely agree that more and more elite tournaments may discourage lower levels, this could be addressed by having 2 tournament tiers? One targeted at lower players and bringing back the 2 star tourneys (with lesser loot obviously!) and one for more advanced players with some of the new options

1 Like

Corellia’s Champion
All season 1 heroes have a perpetual +25% mana generation.

Tournament players usually avoid using season 1 heroes in their team because season 1 heroes are weaker. Increasing the mana charge speed of season 1 heroes will increase their overall strength and thus encourage players to use season 1 heroes (training camp heroes) in their team.

Under Corellia’s Champion the mana charge speed of season 1 heroes will improve as follows:
a. Slow becomes average
b. Average becomes fast
c. Fast becomes very fast

Imagine Grimm, Gormek and Tiburtus being fast.
Imagine Boldtusk, Kiril and Rigard being fast.
The rule makes the otherwise lacklustre season 1 heroes very competitive.

2 Likes

Rainbow Rage
Each hero gets a perpetual +10% attack for each colour among allies that is not the same as the hero’s colour. It stacks with other attack buffs.

If your team has 4 colours, your heroes each gets a perpetual +30% attack.
If your team has 3 colours, your heroes each gets a perpetual +20% attack.
If your team has 2 colours, your heroes each gets a perpetual +10% attack.
If your team mono-coloured, your heroes do not get the attack buff.

2 Likes