Any advice which 5 star hero’s to ascend?

Sorry, I see how my question was misleading. My intended question is that of my entire line up of 5 stars (not just del and tel) Tel is my best candidate to take over tank posistion?

I don’t believe in prioritizing defence above all else - especially for a first set of 5* ascensions…

You want heroes that help win more raids, complete more events and compete well in tournaments.
Defence is only relevant at all in tournament scores, and even then it’s not always a 5* tournament.

So… With my personal biases in mind… I’d generally still agree with this list - except Telluria.

Pre nerf I probably would’ve agreed because she was a useful utility healer… Now? No way I’d ascend her over Lianna.
She’s still an awesome defence tank but her offensive value has sunk like a stone.

For me, it’d be:
-Clarissa
-Magni
-JF
-Delilah
-Lianna

I’d think very hard about doing Freya before Clarissa… The synergy between Freya and Delilah is excellent.
But for a first set, attacking specials are probably more versatile so I’d probably still lean towards Clarissa (bit only very slightly!)

2 Likes

Yes, Telluria is still the better defence tank… But ask yourself whether that’s really what you need - until you’re into 20+ maxed 5* heroes I wouldn’t even think about ascending for defence.

Tell just isn’t very useful outside defence any more - if I were doing it again, I’d give her a pass.

Those are good points. Plus since del is worth ascending for attack teams, I could ascend her and still improve my tank posistion.

I think she is good enough to go to war on offense. Maybe the days of doing 3 are over, but she is still pretty good on attack. And she is still the best tank.
But, having said that…you need to get your 4* titan hitters squared away. Best loot still comes from titans, and it is something you do every day.
So Falcon, The Traitor Wu, Grimm, Jackal, you should start to think about.
Proteus is stll usable for a long time, Costume Rigard still goes to war in big alliances. With Emblems, he is like a five star, and far cheaper and easier to do.
Mostly, I think I agree with Math’s suggestions.

Exactly!

The risk with building a superb defence too early is that it holds a level of cups where you simply can’t win your revenges - so you end up having to burn hams on rerolling until you find winnable matchups.

It’s something to aspire to later on, much later on.

I would always recommend building for offense earlier on, it simply fuels progress far better.
And then by all means build the best defence you can from that - and at this stage, any of Delilah, Freya or Clarissa would be more than capable of holding you where you realistically want to be.

She is… Just about good enough for a later war team.
That’s not enough for me to prioritize her - and I wouldn’t do her again (if I hadn’t already).

She’s still the best easily obtainable tank… And again, not enough to prioritize her.

I’d do Lianna before her without question.

I completely agree with everything you say about key titan heroes, it’s absolutely spot on.

She’s honestly a serviceable healer for wars. When I’m running out of healers for my last 2 flags, she does a decent job of keeping my team alive for a few turns longer. The HoT while decreased in amount actually kicks in faster, and the minions provide essentially another 10-15% “healing”.

Plus the mana slow is nice and could buy you more time. And FWIW a 2/60 Telly is still a bit tankier than a 3/60 Rigard, so she’s sturdy enough for cleanup duty.