🌑 Anubis – Season 5 Hero – 5* Dark / Purple: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 5 Hero is Released: Anubis

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Anubis, as well as your thoughts on Anubis.

Anubis

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Sorcerer
A
Average
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 5 Moon
Image Aether Power Description
special-armor Special Armor At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +40% defense against Special Skills for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Effects on Special Skill
60% chance to perform the following actions when this character casts their Special Skill:
- Deals 70% damage to all enemies.
- Dispels the latest dispellable buff from all enemies.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Mark of Anubis
  • Inflicts the target with Greed for 3 turns. The enemies with Greed prevent other enemies from receiving friendly effects of their allies’ Special Skills.
  • All enemies receive 501 Poison damage over 3 turns.
  • All enemies get -34% defense for 3 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Moon Family

Bonus for 1 / 2 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% chance to make a cast -24% defense for 2 turns and X Water damage over 2 turns on an enemy who deals Special Skill damage to this character.
  • If the enemy’s Special Skill defeats this character, the chance is 75% / 100%
    (X = 196 for Legendary Heroes, 142 for Epic Heroes, 114 for Rare Heroes)

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Anubis from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 6 of Season 5 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v53]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Anubis ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Anubis.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Anubis and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Anubis worth summoning for?

• Would you use Anubis on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Anubis ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Anubis as an opponent?

• Would you give Anubis Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Anubis’s character design?

• If you Summoned Anubis and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Anubis, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Anubis when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Anubis, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Anubis (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Anubis), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

9 Likes

Feedback Poll - Anubis (post release)

:question: Is Anubis worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Anubis would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Anubis’s Primary Purpose is?

• Greed Debuffer
  • Damage Dealer (Over Time)
  • Defense Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Anubis compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Anubis’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Anubis’s Base Stats?

Note this means Anubis’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Anubis worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Anubis is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Anubis is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Anubis worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Anubis then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

8 Likes

So now the poll starts after the hero is released, which makes sense with the recent botched heroes that were tweaked last minute upon release.

3 Likes

Greed = can’t receive healing, buff and all since these are all positive effects. But does it prevent allies from receiving or getting cleansed? Cleansing is classified as positive effect from skill right?

3 Likes

It is like reverse taunt, quite interesting skill, similar to blocking buffs to all except the target, it does not say unclensable so it can be cleansed

2 Likes

Thank you for doing this. Love that you are holding off the poll until we know what we are getting (given some recent hero changes from beta).

7 Likes

Yes, there were too much changes recently.
So I decided to keep the polls hidden until the hero is live.

As I did this now I guess this hero will arrive unchanged :smiley:

20 Likes

Yes, it can be cleansed, but as I recall only the opponent with this Greed ailment will be cleansed. So if there are ailments on them it stays that way.

Healing, minion summoning, buffing, and everything else will work only the hero with Greed ailment.

6 Likes

I want him! Can’t get Hades so Anubis is closest thing one can get (besides Thanatos whom I was lucky to get)!

Otherwise Greed is interesting mechanic. Needs strategy to use to get most of it and is mechanically unusual which I love. Can shut down Ludwig right away when used correctly. Probably not defensive hero but on offense he’ll be very handy.

5 Likes

I couldn’t have said this any better myself! I am enjoying all the new mechanics they are coming up with even if it is just a new twist on an old trick…
This one may turn out to be quite alot of fun at playtime :grin:

13 Likes

Feel like this guy would be good against revivers.

Also, for maximum value…use him against Kalo, lol.

4 Likes

So this hero is like a slower lepiota?

Most coveted hero from s5 for me. But thats just cos he is Anubis.

I doubt i will get lucky and pull him tho. I have had odd luck in the portal but not for a while.

1 Like

Sorry… Still I cannot wrap my head around this skill… need some clarification please:

I cast „greed“ on an enemy. Now this enemy gets all the positive status effects that normally would have been received by his teammates? Like taunt from Ludwig, revive from Cillian etc? This would fit „greed“ as far as I understand the term… like: all your stuff is mine now…

Or does this mean that no one (including the enemy affected by greed) gets any buffs as long as he is alive / the ailment is active?

2 Likes

My understanding;
If one of your hero get Greed, he prevents the team to get positive effects for example mana up, defense up etc. but they can continue put negative effects on enemies.
If correct, this is a partial “silence “? In that case kinda underwater.

We will see soon😂
Happy gaming

Thanks for the updated Polls!

i didn’t think about shutting donw ludwig great point

I cant recall from beta, does greed block all buffs? whats the difference between this mechanic and c.panther?

Difference is his target still gets buffs but none if the team does.

3 Likes

Can this skill block to revive other heroes, put minions,…or not?