Anti dodge heroes needed

Why are we up in arms against what isn’t even the top green defender in the game right now? A hero that is kind of borderline to see war hits for top alliances on offense?

1 Like

Not sure if you a referring to Frigg as #1. But there are easier ways to block Frigg than c. Kadilen. I can put up an ailment block, defense up, or cleanse Frigg’s defense down, but I can do nothing against c. Kadilen. Maybe if you have Malosi, but I don’t and I’m certain almost everyone else who started playing after he was HOTM doesn’t either. I consider c. Kadilen overpowered to the point of being game-breaking. No way to counter her and no reliable way to dispel the effect. There’s a reason she is on almost every top team’s defense. We need a few heroes who can remove dodge bonuses as part of their specials.

Chakkozrot is slow speed. Unless you get a magical board, you are never ever going to counter c. Kadilen with him. c. Kadilen will go off first, and you will have huge disadvantage and an uphill battle to not have it be a loss.

1 Like

i used to have a lot of problems with C. Kadilen, then by some sort of happy accident, i discovered a method that’s worked quite well for me: double dispellers. yes, the dispel can be dodged, but having two dispellers almost always guarantees that i can remove the dodge buff from enough enemies to be able to kill those nuisances reliably, dodge-free, then wait out the dodge buff on the rest of the opposing team.

dodge and Taunt are the reasons i have so many double dispeller teams.

really, the thing that makes C. Kadilen a PITA, imo, is her stupidly high defense that makes her really tough to kill on her own. i do wish they made more heroes like Russell that can just hit reliably, but until then, i think we’re left with what we have in game currently, and i think what’s currently in game is sufficient.

you don’t need to wait for costumes. Sabina’s a Sorcerer, so you can just get a level 11 mana troop for one or both of them to get her to 9 tiles if she’s at node 20 and run both of them the way i run double dispeller teams against C. Kadilen.

1 Like

This is just factually inaccurate. You may find cKad more frustrating, but all that needs be pointed out (aside from the relative prevalence of Frigg being much higher on whale defenses than cKad) is that when given the option, Frigg is the one who got the LB for every defense I can see in top alliances that have both.

Dispel may not be 100%, but is more than enough considering the remarkably low damage output from cKad. The thing I find most people find frustrating is that combating her takes some planning and thoughtfulness, rather than just mindlesstly pushing forward damage and “if I win, I win” the way that can be done vs Frigg and similar.

Pretty much. I have Malosi as my go-to for countering Dodge and Taunt heroes, but there are many times you have the two of them and I can only fire once. So I usually add cMelandor and Devana or Domitia (or both) depending on what the rest of the defense is like.

The costume is to dispel and prevent buffs. I only recently got her costume, and will probably swap her in for cMelandor.

It’s true but if he’s teamed up with Mal and Thoth and given mana troops he will increase through the element link. At least if your team can survive long enough she shouldn’t fire off a second time.

Still Chak is a beginning to this issue. I guess if he was average would he be OP?

Perhaps throw Dom and Sabina in too to dispel

for sure the costume is better in a lot of contexts, this one included, but i’m just saying, Ian already has heroes and a set up that can work against C. Kad, so no sense in suffering waiting for the costume just because the costume is a little bit better of a counter.

Well, at this point everyone should have a Melandor/Sonya/Caedmon as well. But people are arguing that they aren’t enough of a counter, because they don’t dispel 100% of the time. They’re arguing that they need something that’s 100% effective, i.e. Malosi or cSabina before cKadilen fires.

1 Like

We must have very different definitions of almost every top team.

Current top 10 – one C-Kadiken
Current top 25 – six C-Kadiken
Current top 50 – fourteen C-Kadiken
Current top 100 – twenty-four C-Kadiken

5 members of The Avengers (out of 30) have C-Kadilen in their defense; 9 members of 7DD; 5 members of 7DA; 7 members of Ukraine Love.

C-Kadilen simply is not dominating top defenses.

2 Likes

Actually, counting Guli and c.Sabina as c.Kadi counters is wishful thinking. None of them are effective against her dodge. Gulli is eratic, his damage is delayed by four turns and if he gets killed before that, nothing happens, while Sabina won’t charge in time to be of any use most of the times. Just like Russel, Guli might not miss against dodge, but he won’t do anything to remove the dodge effect. That’s not a counter. What I would consider as an effective counter against dodge would be a hero fast enough to block the effect, like Malosi, or one able to remove the effects of dodge and allow the rest of my team to operate free of the miss risk.

One thing - one BIG thing - that you are missing in this comparison is the best counter to C Kad, which is to wait out 3 turns. In 80-90% of cases you can safely wait out the special without using attacking specials (remenber you can still utilise whatever defensive specials you want to help you survive long enough - if you see above I have a video where she and her team are defeated by a team of all healers, because of which her special is meaningless). With Frigg if you don’t have a counter available and you try to wait it out you will likely find yourself dead from an Odin special or even just a collection of slash attacks.

Malosi is not the best counter. Dispellers are, despite their being not 100% effective. @dawnsempires strategy of using overlapping dispellers is really good. If you are using a follow-up sniper(s) then you don’t even need all the dispels to work, you can just target the hero or heroes where the dispel was effective. Or even better the buff blockers - you may miss C Kad’s first special but if you can wait it out (and as above, you should be able to) then you can use the buff preventers and save yourself from the next 1 or 2 specials from her. Her damage is minimal.

You can have whatever opinion you want, but this is very far from reality.

Others have answered about her prevalence in raids. In top war defenses (top 50) she is not as common as other powerful green heroes. I’ll do a count in this coming war.

3 Likes

I don’t mean to be dismissive but we all come to a stage where Bane is too powerful, or Kashrek is impossible, it moves onto C.Kad. I think the only thing a bit unanimous, possibly 50/50 was G,T,V before the nerfs.

But after you get used to your roster maybe you’ll think C.Kad isn’t so bad, and @Homaclese is right, sometimes it’s best to just play patiently and fire off your specials once the dodge has expired.

I mean this in a nice way, no offence intended.

1 Like

Malosi will block dodge 100% of the time, as long as you’re able to get 6 yellow tiles to match. I’d say that’s a pretty effective counter. Dispellers will miss, that’s a fact, so you’ll be betting on RNG while dispelling dodge. I’ll go with Malosi.

1 Like

As you said, not everyone has Malosi. And he is ineffective if she has already cast. C Sabina is technically the best counter as she blocks and attempts to dispel. And she is a lot easier to get the Malosi.

Or as I said before - just don’t have an attack team based on attacking specials. That completely neuters her special

1 Like

Not true, not all the time they will miss.

Most times you can’t aford to wait for 4 turns because you’ll get shreaded to bits meanwhile.

If you have a strong team and play carefully it’s possible to wait out and can be done.

2 Likes

Most times you can afford to wait 3 turns (not 4) especially if you come with at least 2 healers. Which I do with most of my teams anyway as this leads to my getting much more consistent wins

1 Like

Have it your way, but I wouldn’t bet on that. I lost to many battles waiting for dodge to go away, or failing to dispell it, to consider these as options. My self I deal with c.Kadi as swiftly as possible. Either take Malosi to block her, or going for a direct three tile hit from mono red.