Another “What ice hero to ascend?” question, with poll!

Finally got another scope (thank you POV) and am ready to ascend an ice hero. Here is my current blue stable:

Note that I have many other 4* heroes maxed…these are just the emblemed ones.

Here is my options:

Looking for some offensive firepower and for some versatility.

Which Ice Hero to ascend? Choose up to two.
  • Skadi
  • Alice
  • Athena
  • Richard
  • Isarnia

0 voters

Skadi without a doubt

For war priority, probably Skadi since she’s a beast in rush war and minion war.

I personally would also consider Athena since she’s the best defense-down hero in game. If you push for high scores on legendary mode of challenge events, mythic titans, or even regular red titans, Athena will be a boon. C. Magni can give -34% def but Athena can get down to -65% def.

I would probably ascend them in this order of priority:

1. Skadi
  2. Athena
  3. Alice

You already have Alasie and C.Magni for snipers which is why I think Alice isn’t as high of a priority (although another fast speed sniper is always good). IIRC, base Alasie also does more dmg than Alice.

Nice roster!

2 Likes

No doubt for skadi; you will NOT regret maxing her out!!

I was thinking Athena. I use her at 3/70 over C. Magni on titans, but Skadi has a big lead in the poll. Skadi is almost an insta-win against minion makers…but is she good elsewhere?

I have to say skadi but what about poor richard. I may have to go vote for him just so he’s not dejected :woozy_face::woozy_face:

1 Like

Whats your mana troop situation like? Do you have a lvl23+ mana troop you can give Skadi while also maintaining appropriate mana troops for the rest of your blue team?

I’ve got a level 23 mana troop, level 5 mana troop, and level 19 crit troop…so I could pair C. Kiril and Skadi together nicely to make them effectively fast mana speed.

1 Like

Yeah. Very good question. I only have Athena. And I dont have the S3 PED Queen. But people are really attesting her to be a very very very good hero, which is something since I already considered Athena a very very very good hero since she is vital in a 1-2-3 punch with Frida and a hit-3 hero like Master Lepus, Thorne or Richard in raids and in wars and that Athena is very good against red titans (some players still use her as an off-color defense debuffer against other titans because of her -65% defense ailment) as well as in most monthly challenge events. I really don’t know just by reading on the cards and she seemed to be minion dependent. She must be OP then.

Maybe if SG gifted me this hero in the next Valhalla portal with a simple 100 coins? I have 494 valhalla coins at the moment. I have 9 scopes and I’ll ascend this muscular babe and help in the marketing ploy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@Dr-Zoidberg

Yep. I agree. Poor 1st gen HOTM, being sidetracked by some OP S3 hero.

1 Like

Apologies @Ultra.

I deleted that post as it sounded confrontational towards other commentators.

It was probably a valid point though…even “must have” previous HotM are now left on the roadside as new season heros simply overwhelm them.

1 Like

I’m a little surprised that Athena is so far behind Skadi…especially when two picks can be made in the poll. I think Skadi may be the way to go as I can strip my second emblemed Joon and get her to +19 immediately. Athena, being a ranger, would have to strip Alasie or Lianna to get that highly emblemed…I’m less excited about stripping those two of emblems.

Which makes it all the more frustrating, imo. That not only is Athena resigned to the bargain bin as an inferior card, but emblems now also dictate which heros are viable or not. All in all, it’s a big shame.

Eh, whichever I don’t do now I’ll do in 3-4 months.

Athena no doubts.
Skadi good in recent minion meta.
But Athena overall a beast.
:slightly_smiling_face:.

Cookie Settings