Another offer - Midsummer Mayhem

There has been a couple of threads discussing about various one-off deals lately. And since one more popped up, I figured it would be interesting to discuss how worth it is this offer.

So this time it’s 500 emblems and 3100 gems for that standard premium price. But if it’s not a 4*AM, I’m not interested. But in terms of E&P; I feel that they think it’s quite worth the paying price.

What do you guys think? Worth it, or just another ridiculous offer?

1 Like

my head spinning seeing too much offer, SG should consider lowering price of gems by half then many would consider to buy …

Garbage in my eyes…seems like a short answer wont go through unless 20 characters are involved so…this should be enough

1 Like

Offer 1
80 emblems $4
550 gems $7.90
Medium Mana 100 gems $1.44
Total $13.34 value
Offer price $6.98
Discount 48%

Offer 2
500 emblems $25
3100 gems $44.55
Raid flasks 200 gems $2.87
Total value $72.42
Offer price $44.98
Discount 38%

Based on the cheapest rate for emblems, it’s about SG$0.05 per emblem. All amounts in SGD

SGG now banks on the ripple effect post release of Aethers, leveraging on players “realising” that they will need to at least emblems their war teams high enough, even if they do intent to LB some of them later on.

6 Likes

Any offer which starts with gems sold at their premium shop price (1 EU per 100 gems) and has additional unfarmable items is a good offer.

Then again, the fact it’s theoretically a good offer doesn’t change the reality - you’re giving real money for pixels. Thing with good offers is, those are so many and almost constantly present, the moment you decide to buy only the good offers, you are already spending like crazy.

9 Likes

My two cents: it seems overpriced for the contents. However, my wallet is firmly shut anyway, and I’m definitely not the target audience for this offer. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I mean it’s high level NT placing emblems with a 10 summon.

As offers go it’s not a bad one. But for me I now prefer the S4 3000 gems + 1000 coin + 10 WE Flasks as my go to “big purchase”

But if you are playing emblem catch up and you can’t/won’t place high in NT then I can’t argue with you buying it tbh

After the Foodgate debacle and the vastly underwhelming elite POV pass, I’ve gone fully FTP.

They’ll never get another cent out of me.

3 Likes

You can only be F2P if you start another fresh account and don’t spend a dime on it.

Your current account can only be P2W who stopped spending for the time being. Nothing more.

Good call @Chodaboy! I applaud your decision. :+1:

Well, those were certainly some words. Thanks, I guess.

7 Likes

Not meant to be offensive. I will explain.

A pay to play player had already dabbed deep into the resource exploit, which is impossible to achieve without money. That is displayed into far better quality of the hero bench. Even if you now go f2p, you may look at the f2p topic and see what kinds of heroes we use - which are predominantly classic emblemed season 1 4* and 5*, with an occasional good or not so good non-S1 4* or 5*. Basically what a f2p can rely on is one thing - a good bench of season 1 4*. I doubt that your bench consists mainly of S1 4*.

This is just one example. Being p2p for a long time gives you access to more items, more mats, more emblems, much more of everything.

In order for you to truly understand what a f2p is, then you should not spend. I myself also am not a f2p, but am very close to that since I use those same S1 4* as my primary weapons. To make an example: Pay to win players are buying machineguns while free to play have to grab a bow lying on the ground. Becoming f2p should require you to throw that machinegun away (your entire premium 5* bench) and my guess is you are unwilling to do so. Ergo, you cannot become f2p. You can just stop spending. Which is not the same.

1 Like

Fair point if someone’s going to claim “I did all this as a ftp” when they assembled their bench at vast expense first. However, it’s not the only definition of ftp. I don’t think there is an official one - if there were, who would have the authority to define it?

As for the offer, I think it’s ok in comparative value terms. I’m not buying it though. As @Saros rightly says, even if you only pick “good” offers it still adds up to a lot of money. I don’t buy emblems as a rule anyway.

2 Likes

He literally just said “he’s going F2P”

As in not spending more money now.

There’s no need to get on your high horse about it all. We know true-F2P walk a tougher line than those of us who spend. You have a F2P thread that you can harp on about it all you like. I read it but as it’s not my place to comment I don’t.

It’s like someone deciding to go Vegan and being berated by someone who is hyper-vegan that they aren’t really a Vegan…no one likes it when they get gate keepered.

So be nice

8 Likes

Semantics no one’s pixels are actually worth bragging about to waste time bickering about titles.

Feel free to. All types do. The more perspectives we get the better we’ll be. It’s basically don’t be a :poop: here thread. A la “just use your +20 Odin, Frigg, Bera, Krampus, whomever else team with your level 30 troops. It’s super easy then” :no_mouth: ….

I consider it more a constructive problem solving place meets the bragging thread meets a place where weird stuff gets talked about. :man_shrugging:

Goes for @Chodaboy or anyone else too. I mean not that I am overlord of F2P land or anything, but don’t be jerks and it’ll all be cool :wink:

:beers:

EDIT:
I very much prefer participation to this:

Lurking creeps me out. You did the hard part already of reading us drone on (marginally coherently in my case). :+1:

2 Likes

I agree with you here too @Muchacho That’s all. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t dig this offer at all.

They try hard to offer something new but the offers pricing is totally above what they offer.

Frankly I only check the new offers out of curiosity, just to see what they THINK is worth x amount of money.

Even if it was worth it, I wouldn’t buy it anyways. There’s too many good pull-value offers around the events, and they are now every week or sometimes even twice a week. We went from couple offers per month to 3 or more offers daily - much easier to skip them when it’s a spam than when it used to be a ‘rare good deal’.

Team, quibbling over semantics isn’t helping the discussion.

F2p is gaming slang and is used in a variety of contexts with slightly different meanings; there is no definitive version and so debating it here is derailing the conversation.

Our communal effort towards game jargon can be found here, and you can debate definitions to your heart’s content.

6 Likes

How did we go from discussions of the current pack, into whatever heated argument that is currently happening now?

Now the spokesperson for this pack is C Kad

1 Like