Another CRAP war chest

I’m a F2P as well, so ad is all they get. If I had to guess when the MVs started giving my trash was when they moved the cooldown from 12 hrs to 8 hrs and “balanced” the rewards accordingly. Before that, I recall getting quite a few AMs. But after that, little to nothing.

1 Like

That’s how this guy started and he went very far!

wood

Between C and A range for 14* titans I get a 4* mat at least once a week. Higher tiers definitely drop more than lower tiers

1 Like

On average MV is absolute rubbish. But if you look at the effort vs reward ratio I don’t think there is anytning else in the game that yields as much. You will get a 4* ascension maybe every month or 2. You will get random flasks and tokens. And now you will even get 20/30/50 emblems occasionally. If you don’t spend the effort to open these up… and you care about loot…

fool

4 Likes

I have been killing 13☆ titans for a month, and the funny thing is that in that month i got 3 4☆ mats. Two of them came from rare titan (Bonus loot) and one from normal loot.

I dont know, there are people in my alliance who get at least 1 4☆ mat per week (not counting rare bonus) and others who vent in the chat a little bit . Its true that higher titans give more % of getting the rare mat but even that its bound to the random generation. Sometimes the streak goes up and you get more 4☆ mats than other alliance members and sometimes you simply dont get good loot.

I agree with Homa that a 4☆ mat per week could be really pausible, anyways , you have to be prepared to face a bad luck streak. Its all about to be patient and stick to a good alliance that keeps the rythm killing these big guys.

Pd: something curious is that , at least in my alliance, the 4☆ mat drop generally goes for c or b ranking. Its due to those are the most populated ranks

Spot on - streaming 14* titans without letting any go is the highest chance there is in the game of getting regular 4* mats.

Summon portals with a chest have a very high chance of dropping a 4* mat

Frequently doing diamond raid chests (3 a day) seems to get you a 4* mat roughly once a month

MV seems to get you a 4* mat roughly once a month or every 2 months

Monster chests seem to get you a 4* mat roughly once every 2 months

Elemental and war chests will probably drop one every 3 or so chests

Titan chests wlil probably drop one once a month (these chests are terrible, but with a decent 4* drop chance)

Quests with guaranteed 4* mats are a good source. Event challenges if you can place high enough

Tournies are terrible for it, the odds are some of the lowest in the game

I wrote about this somewhere - basically you wil get 3 or 4 times more 4* mats dropping at a B than an A, so you end up hearing about it a lot more. In my alliance more people get Cs than Bs because we have some very heavy hitters, so again statistically you will get more people at C getting mats then at B. However, also statistically, your individual chances for getting a 4* mat are better if you get an A vs a B, or a B vs a C

2 Likes

Nope, I’ve already said I haven’t gotten AM in at least a year. But that’s my experience.

War chests are crap indeed and this is very frustrating. This should be one thing that isnt rng based but fixed. Every chest - one 4* mat, two 3* mats, and other stuff like coins etc always inside. Would still take at least 3-4 weeks (twice longer if unfortunate) to get it but at least it’s guaranteed.

Devs could easily fix it but no, why the hell bother. I understand that summons are random but rewarding players for group effort should not be.

safe

1 Like

I think @Homaclese was referring to the actual input made when availing of the Mystic Vision. All you need to do is just tap the MV and wait for the ad to finish, you are not even required to look and listen at it. It just only takes a few seconds of your life. This Mystic Vision - don’t stop believing is not bereft with players showing off their rewards from MVs, ranging from 3* and 4* ascension mats, stash of emblems, keys, EHTs/ETTs, flasks, etc.

Guess I hurt someone’s feelings with the truth

1 Like

My last war chest was absolutely horrible. Scabbard, chainmail shirt 1 troop token and maybe 30 emblems.

I don’t think there is any denying that 14* titans are probably the best most reliable source of AMs. But they are a bit out of my league, personally. :slightly_smiling_face:

Mystic Visions don’t typically give me anything special, but occasionally they do. I’m always amused when I fill a titan chest (or even an elemental chest) and get nothing of real value, then I watch a 30 second video and out pops poison darts.

I swear, I have gotten many very nice items from MV. And not just years ago… even recently.

I don’t normally take screen caps when I get nice loot, because I never thought there was a point… what am I going to do, come here and brag about how I got 3 unfarmables from one chest? That doesn’t help anyone else. Especially not someone who hasn’t gotten any good loot in a month and is coming here looking for sympathy, LOL.

But if you guys do not believe that Mystic Visions can still occasionally drop nice things, I will try to remember to take a screen cap of mine the next time it does, just to prove that it’s possible. Not to give any of you false hope or anything, because as we all know, when it comes to RNG in this game - individual results may vary.

If there was any loot box in the game that deserves some guaranteed top-shelf items, it’s the war chest.

2 Likes

Absolutely, they require the most effort… and in my experience, they usually have some of the best loot… but not always.

And a bad war chest is… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

As long as your war participation was 100%, bad war chests should never happen.

[OT warning]

I believe you, just wish it was like that for everyone. Just for comparison sake, I’ve posted every unfarmable AM the vision ever gave me in over a year of playing: two 4* and one 3*. Gotta be at least 700 “draws” by now.

I’m not ungrateful, and glad it’s better for others, but a little standardization there doesn’t sound like too much to ask

1 Like

Alternatively, I get 99% worthless crap from most chests and titans. Maybe there’s like a hidden internal balance thing going on there.

Example: I was so excited the first time I was able to raid up into diamond tier. Filled a chest there and got… nothing of interest.

Filled nearly a dozen more chests in diamond since then, still the same. Not one unfarmable.

Basically no different from what I get in platinum.

1 Like

Totally normal in my experience lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just think if I were to track all of my chests and loot… compared to time invested…

• You figure titan loot is generally 5-10 minutes time invested…

• Monster chest, as little as 2 minutes if you have loot tickets… probably at least 20-30 minutes otherwise…

• Raid chest… heh. Well, without a refill flask, you won’t be able to fill it in one go… so you’re looking at a 2 hour wait time minimum… actual completion time will vary (say roughly 30 minutes total, give or take depending on how well or not well your raids go)

• Titan chest… Estimated 5 day wait, likely less than an hour of total time invested

• Elemental chest… again, dependent on loot tickets and refill flasks… but for sake of estimation, let’s just say it takes twice as long as a normal monster chest

• War loot… your own time invested in a single war can vary wildly from as little as 5 seconds (use one flag, flee, trollololol your whole alliance for free stuffs); to over an hour… (dammit! why can’t my healer kill their healer? Feels like I’ve been in this battle for a long time… oh, yup, there’s the countdown timer…)

• War chest loot… for 100% participation, minimum 2.5 weeks wait (total time invested will vary drastically)

And finally we come to…

• Mystic Vision. 30 seconds and done.

Now, I will grant you that MVs don’t always give the nicest of loots, but when comparing the time and energy investments against other loot sources?

tenor

4q4k6i

1 Like

I use all my war flags and then leave the rewards aren’t worth sticking around for

It’s all a matter of perspective and how you play the game. It is the same reason why I find the Path of Valor no more taxing than others who complain that it takes too much time.

1. Titans? Well I hit the titans anyway, so is it really time invested?
  2. Monster chest? Well I have events, challenges, or missions to do, so it just fills itself.
  3. Raid chest? RSS farming, or participating in the Raid Tournaments.
  4. Elemental? Really depends on the color. Green, Purple, and Blue are really easy to fill on autofarm, Yellow and Red, not so much.
  5. War? PoV points, or just for the challenge of war, not necessarily for the chest.

Not too mention that for all the above, to fill the chest you are getting food and other resources from raids, maps, or events. In most cases more valuable than the chest.

Mystic Vision? 30 secs, but you have to check in every 8 hrs to maximize, or you only get 2/day. At 1 gem a MV, you can maybe get a free summons in 2-3 months. That being said, I did get a hidden blade yesterday, which means I’ll probably not see anything for another year.

I make the same argument about filling the chests as I do about the PoV. If you’re not raiding, running maps/events/challenges, titan hitting, or participating in the war, then why are you playing the game?

Though, to bring the topic back in a circle: War chests are disappointing; however, I find that the war itself is the fun.

2 Likes