Another blue ascension question

Given my luck with summons, my chances of getting some funky new blue from any portal seem slim. As a result I get to work on what I have. Given that it will take me another year to get 6 telescopes I can fairly safely ignore Vela, Isarnia or a second Lepus for quite some time. I’m looking for the best utility in 4 stars. Jott seems only relevant for Titans, a second Kiril seems a little redundant and I have no costume for him. A second costume Boril is out of the question pretty much and he really doesn’t get a pile of use. A second costume Grimm seems the best option (squishiness notwithstanding) and two on a Titan team, i.e. 1 for the defense down and 1 for the attack boost would automatically make him a better choice that Jott.
What do you good people think?

1 Like

I would max Jott for titans first, then work on a second Kiril. You’ll use him in wars for a long time.

4 Likes

I like Jott. Don’t understand why Vela or Isarnia are immediately dismissed

2 Likes

Largely because I just used all my telescopes on Lord Loki which means it will take me a year or thereabouts to collect 6 more and Vela and Isarnia are a little underwhelming at 3/70.

I read all the comments about Jott and they were largely neutral or negative and being slow and a bit defenseless makes him a non starter for wars and raids imo. I realise that you can mana him up for Titans. But 2 costume Grimms give a single similar benefit for Titans 1 for the -34% defense for 6 turns and the costume gives a 50% attack buff for nearby for 6 turns and they have some utility in AW although Grimms defense is underwhelming too.

Jott, he’s great for tourneys as well. I also have costumed Isarnia (prefer her vanilla with costume bonus), and she crushes when paired with Lepus. My JV team is Isarnia (w/ bonus), Lepus, C- rigard, Clarissa and Proteus.

1 Like

I use Jott for the Titan, raids and tournaments and one or two trials.
So my vote goes to Jott first followed by Grimm number two
Whichever hero you choose good luck

1 Like

I like Jott, don’t have emblem for him but he good for titan (I fight 14* titan), and yes no need to worry about his slow speed (have to charge him with mana pots for better boost the blue shield).

I have 2 Grimm also, hardly use the 2nd one for me.

1 Like

I actually decided just a couple of hours ago that the people recommending Jott over a second Grimm and then the second Kiril probably knew more about what they were talking about than I did so I went with the consensus view. The second Kiril may have to wait for a few weeks.

Thanks for the additional information about the lack of use your second Grimm gets… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Depends on how you use.

Jott if you are one of those who use mana potions.
I don’t use him so most would think I’m weird.

I prefer a second Grimm in your case for the buff and debuff.

1 Like

Well, I’m still interested in trying the second Grimm (both he and his costume are levelled to 3:60) as is Kiril #2 (no costume). I do use mana potions, but not to excess. I just don’t like overusing crafting items; fortunately large bones are reasonably abundant.

Thank you and everyone else for your input. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

First of all: I have one maxed Grimm, an unleveled second and one unleveled Jott. So I still have no experience with Jott. And I recently got Grimm’s costume. So it’s a long way to Tipperary.
But I am not convinced of Jott’s specials. He’s slow so if you can use his special there won’t be a lot of blue shields on the board anymore. Unless you’re using potions, but you could use them on Grimm as well. Grimm’s special damage is higher. So I would vote for a second Grimm if costumed.

1 Like

Thanks for that. Fortunately, where my second Grimm is levelled to, final ascension is no real bigy and quite truthfully, Kiril just doesn’t get used that much by me. Lucky for me waiting a few weeks or a month for some extra warm capes doesn’t bother me overly much. I am fairly concerned by Jotts need to be manaed up and his potential to be battle materials hungry however.

1 Like

Next Frostmarch is expected to be at the end of October, then we will have one in December, and the Christmas event will give you a scope too. So without any luck with MV, Titans and chests, you will have six scopes at the end of June 2022.
in between I would ascend Jott!

Happy gaming

2 Likes

He’s already at 4/17. :slightly_smiling_face: I just ran out of trainer heroes. Taking Lord Loki from 3/70 to 4/80 last week kind of cleaned me out (I was levelling up 3 other heroes at the same time.)

June hey? Maybe poor Vela will finally get some love if she is still relevant. :wink:

1 Like

Well Jott is officially freaking useless. I’ll remember those that pranked me.

1 Like

IMO, Vela is still great on offense, specially in current meta, againts minnions (Bera, Freya, etc) as she ignore any status ailment or damage from minion.
Those -att sometimes make huge different in raid/war, she is also have good element link as crit for titan, if we do not have other options.

2 Likes

Jott is good on red Titans, you have to give him mana pots, and fire only if there are enough blue shields on the board.

1 Like

Huh? Jott is amazing on red titans. He isn’t anywhere else. That’s his niche and he does it really well. Did you expect something else?

I use Jott in events and sometimes map progress too (obviously he’s a staple for red titans). He did some good work last Ninja Tower. A blue cascade with added Jott factor is a beautiful thing. PvP is not his thing, though I have used him on tournaments such as rush and/or 4* no green. Never on defence for obvious reasons. I’ve got a few emblems on him just to keep him alive and he’s usually used with a crit troop for the same reason.

Now you get what I mean when I say I don’t use him. :rofl:

It really depends on your play style.

1 Like