Another Balance Update?

I feel that the Balance Update that came out at the beginning of the year was really good for the game. Do we know if there are any plans for another in the future? Possibly in Sept-Oct seems like it would be good timing to keep the meta fresh.

There hasn’t been any mention of another rebalancing so far, and nothing has been in Beta.

But in the AMA when Tim talked about “Skins” (which are now called “Costumes”), he mentioned that they were meant to help Season 1 heroes “strike back.”

So perhaps those will help with rebalancing.

They’ll be entering Beta testing at some point soon.

3 Likes

I must have missed the piece where “Costumes” will provide more than aesthetics. That’s very interesting. Guess we’ll have to wait and see how they get implemented, sure we will know more once it is in beta.

Now my Thorne will be great!

download

16 Likes

This is the most relevant part of the AMA transcript on that:

1 Like

New pants for Zeline?

3 Likes

Unfortunately, only Classics. :frowning:

So, most likely Skittles with no pants.

6 Likes

Strikes back you say?image

8 Likes

I was thinking of a Borat costume for Danza.

1 Like

Special Skill: Misses all blaster shots except last one with maximized dramatic effect.

3 Likes

New special effect
Down by a stick fight
with full-on Stormtrooper armor, -100% defense stats.

1 Like

So hot right now image

3 Likes

Justice now with mana control!!!

primag

6 Likes

Does that mean Little John and Agwe will fuse or should this be a new hero?

8 Likes

Dschinghis Khagan:

1 Like

I laughed entirely too hard at this

I think I threw up in my mouth a bit…

The cynic in me reads the second paragraph of that quote, specifically the part about “not artificial, not just boosting or buffing them” and hears “in a way that will allow us to monetize fixing balancing issues”. I also find the use of the phrase “possibly upgrade heroes” worrisome. I suspect that they will find a way to make this yet another element of the game subject to the fickle whims of the RNG.

2 Likes