Another Attempt to Punish Mercs....Here We Go Again!

Good argument:

I’m merc. I’ve got 6 rolls per day (2x>9 ranks). If it will be any reward for mercs after nerf, I’ll just change my tactic and will get 6x1ranks or 3x>2ranks. Nothing will change for me.

Edited: So no nerf needed.

Yes, alliances that merc will have their Titan Score inflated. It’s fair to assume, I think, that if they use mercs for one Titan, they’ll also do so for the next, and the next, and the next…

And when they get matched against an alliance that doesn’t use mercs, they’ll get slaughtered. Maybe that’s their own fault. Maybe that’s a reasonable price to pay for killing higher level Titans than you ought to. But it surely messes up wars.

If you put more effort in you get more loot,

You can choose to be in one alliance and always know there is a Titan to kill,

Or you can merc but you always have to be on patrol for titans and not to mention people get kicked often after using all of their hits

Also if you use 3+ hits on a Titan while mercing that’s the same as being in one alliance, if you hit the Titan once you will most likely have a C grade.

At the end of the day it’s everyones favourite RNG that gives out loot not the amount of titans you kill, I’ve went on a 8+ 7* and above Titan streak without loot and I’ve also gotten a 4* item + 3* on a C grade

1 Like

I think the proposed nerf will kill exactly the behaviour you describe. I might be wrong, though - I might have misunderstood what you are suggesting.

How nerf will do it?

Because my understanding is that the nerf will strictly limit the number of Titan ascension rolls you can win within any particular time period.

Also is it exploiting or taking advantage of the so called “system”

If you play “THE WAY” the game is meant to be played (which I don’t think there is any way) you will get average loot

If you don’t go the extra mile to get loot you won’t get it

It is exploiting and taking advantage of the system, it is smart and rational and there is nothing wrong with it.

But none of those things are an argument for why SG should not nerf mercing.

Nope, it decreased reward. There were some case about this.

And what about gems, and other items you suppose also will be a limit them?

And what’s wrong with using it for it’s full potential?

SG aren’t exactly known to be generous people and I haven’t gotten a 4 star item in 1.5 months from titans (mercing and home alliance)

Getting a couple extra 3* mats so I can expand my 4 star roster isn’t hurting anyone

1 Like

I think decreasing the rewards is what we are discussing, isn’t it? If the ascension reward rolls are decreased when you’re mercing, how would attacking 6 X 1* Titans be useful?

My argument basically is that player’s concern is what should be motivating SG. But i doubt it is. With all the possibilities that we have had lately to buy ascension mats(even before the spring specials) I’m sure it has to do with money. They think mercs are spending less buying ascension mats since they get extra rolls which of course has to mean they’re getting extra rare ascension mats cause the rest of us get 1 from every titan so they do too right? But they don’t get enough extra loot to avoid buying ascension mats, therefore it’s not effecting SG’s bottomline and therefore is only negatively effecting a large group of players( including mercs and alliances as stated a ton of alliances are outside the top 100, odds are a lot use mercs at 1 time or another). Only results that can come from this change are negative. Cause now it has a chance to effect SG’s bottomline and also has a chance to chase players way from a game and possibly discourage new players in new alliances that do need merc help now and then since starting out can be tough finding consistent players especially now with the recruiting pool close to empty. And most flags a merc will normally use on a titan( I’m not .
counting flasks into this) is 3 and if an alliance that has 29 members needs an extra 3 flags to kill a titan then are they really killing one they’re not ready for or are they using temporary help to keep from dropping in titans or losing loot until they find another stable body to be part of their alliance. I’ve been there, we have come within 40 or 50k on a titan due to being short 1 member and had to use a merc since we we didnt have flasks available since anyone that had flasks weren’t on due to timing(worldwide game, not everyone can be available at crunch time). So i have to see any way this change could positively effect the game. And any change that doesnt positively effect the game, will never be a change i can get behind. All I want at the end of the day is for the game to be as enjoyable as possible by as many as possible and i feel like this change counters that. If players and alliances are not complaining about mercs, then the change is pointless. Easy as that. We have whole lists of complaints, ideas, and requests, why take focus off of those to focus on this unnecessary change that doesn’t effect any of those compaints, ideas, or requests? Goal of devs should be giving players the best experience they can. This change Doesn’t do that in anyway possible. If mercing isn’t hurting the game then yes, I’m sayin leave it alone. How are mercs crushing new players? Even if they do kill a titan they can’t normally take down, doesn’t that get the alliance members more ascension rolls especially those in the top spots which probably won’t be held by a merc who used 3 flags to the member’s 5+ flags. And i think every long time alliance figures out that consistently using mercs just puts them in a pickle, i actually see mercs as helping new alliances by being part of that learning curve without the alliances having to use precious flasks to learn the lesson that killing a titan their not ready for will only bring another titan their not ready for and become a vicious cycle. If someone can show me something positive that outweighs the negative of this change then I’ll rethink my stance and I’m sure many others from the community will as well. Until then it’s a negative change.

1 rank reward is the lowest

Edited: And I’ll get one roll for each titan

Nothing is wrong with using it to its full potential - no one is making any sort of morality-based argument here. SG’s point is based on their game design and intent.

Instead of explaining this for the umpteenth time, I’m linking to the start of @Revelate’s explanation above. Read the whole thing if you don’t already understand what’s happening.

That is what you need to respond to, if you want to argue that mercing should not be nerfed.

That’s exactly the point I’m making. After the nerf, you will not get one roll for each Titan. Your rolls will be limited. That’s what the nerf will do.

I might be wrong. If I’m wrong, I predict they will fix that problem in about 17 minutes.

Edit: do you even get a non-farmable ascension roll for a 1* Titan? You don’t, right?

There is a difference between dicreased reward and limit. For now system track players who join to alliance. You can see this in chat (white avatars, no nicks). Earlier it dicreased reward for your rank. So you can see how it will work.

Why you decided there will be limits?

1. Paragraphs are your friends.

2. You make some worthwhile points.

3. I still don’t think you have acknowledged SG’s motivations, or addressed them. Attributing the nerf to their greed is inconsistent with what they’ve said, and inconsistent with what we can see.

Always will be a way to play the system.

I certainly cannot see how it will work. We have had a buggy version of the nerf released by accident, and a very limited explanation from SG.

So tell me: do you think they will allow collection of 6 ascension rolls from hitting 6 one star Titans? (And again, do you even get a non-farmable ascension roll from a one star? It’s been a very long time, but I’m thinking not.)

Why else would they care players are getting extra ascension mats if other players aren’t complaining about it and it’s not effecting the competitiveness of the game? I look pass what they say, because again it’s business and they’ll figure anyway they can to spin greed in a positive light. (Alliance wars, hero of the month, winter specials, spring specials, vip passes, etc.) All boils down to increasing in game purchases regardless of what reason they claim it is. The game was designed to make money, no one designs a game they hope they don’t make a profit on. Which is not an issue since it’s all part of business but this change seems pointless for both parties. sg and the players will see no benefit from this.